Etihad Airways opens lavish new First Class Lounge & Spa at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Etihad Airways has unveiled its brand new First Class Lounge & Spa at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Boasting 16 zones, the lounge has been inspired by some of the world's finest hotels, restaurants and private members' clubs, and facilities include a Six Senses Spa, fitness room, cigar lounge, barbers, nail bar, TV room, prayer room, and children's area.
A brand new premium lounge has opened at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Etihad Airways has unveiled its exclusive First Class Lounge & Spa with 16 different zones. Spanning 1,700 square metres, the lounge is available to guests of The Residence, Etihad First Class, Etihad Guest Exclusive, Etihad Guest Platinum members, Etihad Airways Partner (EAP) airline First Class guests, EAP ‘Invitation only’ members, and EAP equivalent Platinum members.
The facility has been inspired by the world’s finest hotels, private members’ clubs, and restaurants, and has a team of staff, including concierge, maître d’, sous chef and a mixologist who creates cocktails named after Etihad’s most popular destinations around the world.
Peter Baumgartner, the CEO of Etihad Airways explained:
“Our new First Class Lounge & Spa is the jewel in the crown of our new lounge offerings worldwide and represents the best of our home city of Abu Dhabi. It is a showcase of intelligent product design, innovation, and superlative hospitality and service.”
The 16 zones in the lounge in Terminal 3 of the airport include a Six Senses Spa with shower facilities, a children’s play area, a nail salon, a prayer room, Relax & Recline area with soothing sounds and lighting effects, Style & Shave barbers, and a TV room, and a fitness room with male and female changing areas and showers.
Guests can choose from an extensive list of wines, champagne, cocktails and spirits at the bar; unwind in the cigar lounge with a choice of nine brands including Cohiba, Bolivar, and Montecristo; or dine in the a la carte restaurant and savour dishes such as the pan-fried red snapper.
Etihad Airways prides itself on offering the most luxurious experiences for travellers, and its Airbus A380 aircraft have first-class apartment-style accommodation called the “Residence”. The onboard two-person suite has a living room, a double bedroom, and an en-suite shower room, as well as a dedicated Savoy-trained butler who is on hand to assist guests throughout their flight.
Members of the Residence will also have access to their own private area in the new First Class Lounge & Spa, with custom-made Poltrona Frau Italian leather armchairs and sofas, a shower room with Acqua di Parma products, a prayer room, private dining, and a butler.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, operate flights to more than 70 cities in 46 countries all over the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...