Etihad Airways opens lavish new First Class Lounge & Spa at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Etihad Airways has unveiled its brand new First Class Lounge & Spa at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Boasting 16 zones, the lounge has been inspired by some of the world's finest hotels, restaurants and private members' clubs, and facilities include a Six Senses Spa, fitness room, cigar lounge, barbers, nail bar, TV room, prayer room, and children's area.
A brand new premium lounge has opened at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Etihad Airways has unveiled its exclusive First Class Lounge & Spa with 16 different zones. Spanning 1,700 square metres, the lounge is available to guests of The Residence, Etihad First Class, Etihad Guest Exclusive, Etihad Guest Platinum members, Etihad Airways Partner (EAP) airline First Class guests, EAP ‘Invitation only’ members, and EAP equivalent Platinum members.
The facility has been inspired by the world’s finest hotels, private members’ clubs, and restaurants, and has a team of staff, including concierge, maître d’, sous chef and a mixologist who creates cocktails named after Etihad’s most popular destinations around the world.
Peter Baumgartner, the CEO of Etihad Airways explained:
“Our new First Class Lounge & Spa is the jewel in the crown of our new lounge offerings worldwide and represents the best of our home city of Abu Dhabi. It is a showcase of intelligent product design, innovation, and superlative hospitality and service.”
The 16 zones in the lounge in Terminal 3 of the airport include a Six Senses Spa with shower facilities, a children’s play area, a nail salon, a prayer room, Relax & Recline area with soothing sounds and lighting effects, Style & Shave barbers, and a TV room, and a fitness room with male and female changing areas and showers.
Guests can choose from an extensive list of wines, champagne, cocktails and spirits at the bar; unwind in the cigar lounge with a choice of nine brands including Cohiba, Bolivar, and Montecristo; or dine in the a la carte restaurant and savour dishes such as the pan-fried red snapper.
Etihad Airways prides itself on offering the most luxurious experiences for travellers, and its Airbus A380 aircraft have first-class apartment-style accommodation called the “Residence”. The onboard two-person suite has a living room, a double bedroom, and an en-suite shower room, as well as a dedicated Savoy-trained butler who is on hand to assist guests throughout their flight.
Members of the Residence will also have access to their own private area in the new First Class Lounge & Spa, with custom-made Poltrona Frau Italian leather armchairs and sofas, a shower room with Acqua di Parma products, a prayer room, private dining, and a butler.
Etihad Airways was established in 2003 and is now the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, operate flights to more than 70 cities in 46 countries all over the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...