Virgin Atlantic will fly to Varadero from April 2017
UK travellers to Cuba will have the option to fly to Varadero from next year. Virgin Atlantic has announced it will be flying direct to the beautiful beach location direct from London Gatwick as part of a widening of services. This means visiting Cuba from the UK will now be easier and more convenient than ever.
Virgin Atlantic has announced that Varadero is being added to their leisure flying programme – opening up flights to the beautiful coastal location from the UK next year.
The new services to Varadero, direct from London Gatwick, are part of a widening of services from Virgin Atlantic, which has seen an increase in demand for summer beach flights.
Erik Varwijk, one of Virgin Atlantic’s Executive Vice President explained in their corporate blog:
“Cuba has proven an increasingly popular holiday destination, so it’s great that we are able to open up the island to more of our customers with our new route between London Gatwick and Varadero."
Varadero is one of the most beautiful coastal locations in Cuba, with a gorgeous 35km stretch of white powdery sand and sparkling blue water. This area of Cuba is known for its luxury resorts, gorgeous beaches and excellent golf course. Also, it's close to Tropicana Matanzas – the most famous cabaret of Cuba. Varadero is also home to the Bellamar Caves, the oldest tourist attraction in Cuba.
This tropical spot is often referred to as one of the best beaches in the world. Now UK visitors to Cuba can fly directly to this hot travel destination, rather than having to fly to Havana and journey around two hours east.
New changes coming soon
Services from Gatwick to Varadero are set to begin in April of 2017. Virgin Atlantic already offers a twice-weekly service to Havana, which means that customers will be able to enjoy the cultural charms of the city as well as the beautiful beaches.
The widening of services from Virgin Atlantic will also see two additional services to Barbados, making nine flights per week from London to Barbados starting in April 2017. The additional flights will be on Wednesday and Sunday. Las Vegas, another popular vacation hotspot, has two additional services as well, on Wednesday and Monday.
Travel options for UK holidaymakers
For customers outside of London, there will also be more seasonal services from Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast. There will be increased services between Glasgow and Orlando in June and July and the service between Belfast and Orlando will be doubled, with two flights per week in June and July. The services from Manchester to Barbados will be increased, with two flights per week increasing to three flights per week during the school holiday period.
With more flights to Cuba available, visiting this fascinating Caribbean island nation will be become a more enticing option for travellers from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...