Virgin Atlantic will fly to Varadero from April 2017
UK travellers to Cuba will have the option to fly to Varadero from next year. Virgin Atlantic has announced it will be flying direct to the beautiful beach location direct from London Gatwick as part of a widening of services. This means visiting Cuba from the UK will now be easier and more convenient than ever.
Virgin Atlantic has announced that Varadero is being added to their leisure flying programme – opening up flights to the beautiful coastal location from the UK next year.
The new services to Varadero, direct from London Gatwick, are part of a widening of services from Virgin Atlantic, which has seen an increase in demand for summer beach flights.
Erik Varwijk, one of Virgin Atlantic’s Executive Vice President explained in their corporate blog:
“Cuba has proven an increasingly popular holiday destination, so it’s great that we are able to open up the island to more of our customers with our new route between London Gatwick and Varadero."
Varadero is one of the most beautiful coastal locations in Cuba, with a gorgeous 35km stretch of white powdery sand and sparkling blue water. This area of Cuba is known for its luxury resorts, gorgeous beaches and excellent golf course. Also, it's close to Tropicana Matanzas – the most famous cabaret of Cuba. Varadero is also home to the Bellamar Caves, the oldest tourist attraction in Cuba.
This tropical spot is often referred to as one of the best beaches in the world. Now UK visitors to Cuba can fly directly to this hot travel destination, rather than having to fly to Havana and journey around two hours east.
New changes coming soon
Services from Gatwick to Varadero are set to begin in April of 2017. Virgin Atlantic already offers a twice-weekly service to Havana, which means that customers will be able to enjoy the cultural charms of the city as well as the beautiful beaches.
The widening of services from Virgin Atlantic will also see two additional services to Barbados, making nine flights per week from London to Barbados starting in April 2017. The additional flights will be on Wednesday and Sunday. Las Vegas, another popular vacation hotspot, has two additional services as well, on Wednesday and Monday.
Travel options for UK holidaymakers
For customers outside of London, there will also be more seasonal services from Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast. There will be increased services between Glasgow and Orlando in June and July and the service between Belfast and Orlando will be doubled, with two flights per week in June and July. The services from Manchester to Barbados will be increased, with two flights per week increasing to three flights per week during the school holiday period.
With more flights to Cuba available, visiting this fascinating Caribbean island nation will be become a more enticing option for travellers from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...