Virgin Atlantic will fly to Varadero from April 2017
UK travellers to Cuba will have the option to fly to Varadero from next year. Virgin Atlantic has announced it will be flying direct to the beautiful beach location direct from London Gatwick as part of a widening of services. This means visiting Cuba from the UK will now be easier and more convenient than ever.
Virgin Atlantic has announced that Varadero is being added to their leisure flying programme – opening up flights to the beautiful coastal location from the UK next year.
The new services to Varadero, direct from London Gatwick, are part of a widening of services from Virgin Atlantic, which has seen an increase in demand for summer beach flights.
Erik Varwijk, one of Virgin Atlantic’s Executive Vice President explained in their corporate blog:
“Cuba has proven an increasingly popular holiday destination, so it’s great that we are able to open up the island to more of our customers with our new route between London Gatwick and Varadero."
Varadero is one of the most beautiful coastal locations in Cuba, with a gorgeous 35km stretch of white powdery sand and sparkling blue water. This area of Cuba is known for its luxury resorts, gorgeous beaches and excellent golf course. Also, it's close to Tropicana Matanzas – the most famous cabaret of Cuba. Varadero is also home to the Bellamar Caves, the oldest tourist attraction in Cuba.
This tropical spot is often referred to as one of the best beaches in the world. Now UK visitors to Cuba can fly directly to this hot travel destination, rather than having to fly to Havana and journey around two hours east.
New changes coming soon
Services from Gatwick to Varadero are set to begin in April of 2017. Virgin Atlantic already offers a twice-weekly service to Havana, which means that customers will be able to enjoy the cultural charms of the city as well as the beautiful beaches.
The widening of services from Virgin Atlantic will also see two additional services to Barbados, making nine flights per week from London to Barbados starting in April 2017. The additional flights will be on Wednesday and Sunday. Las Vegas, another popular vacation hotspot, has two additional services as well, on Wednesday and Monday.
Travel options for UK holidaymakers
For customers outside of London, there will also be more seasonal services from Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast. There will be increased services between Glasgow and Orlando in June and July and the service between Belfast and Orlando will be doubled, with two flights per week in June and July. The services from Manchester to Barbados will be increased, with two flights per week increasing to three flights per week during the school holiday period.
With more flights to Cuba available, visiting this fascinating Caribbean island nation will be become a more enticing option for travellers from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...