Virgin Atlantic will fly to Varadero from April 2017
UK travellers to Cuba will have the option to fly to Varadero from next year. Virgin Atlantic has announced it will be flying direct to the beautiful beach location direct from London Gatwick as part of a widening of services. This means visiting Cuba from the UK will now be easier and more convenient than ever.
Virgin Atlantic has announced that Varadero is being added to their leisure flying programme – opening up flights to the beautiful coastal location from the UK next year.
The new services to Varadero, direct from London Gatwick, are part of a widening of services from Virgin Atlantic, which has seen an increase in demand for summer beach flights.
Erik Varwijk, one of Virgin Atlantic’s Executive Vice President explained in their corporate blog:
“Cuba has proven an increasingly popular holiday destination, so it’s great that we are able to open up the island to more of our customers with our new route between London Gatwick and Varadero."
Varadero is one of the most beautiful coastal locations in Cuba, with a gorgeous 35km stretch of white powdery sand and sparkling blue water. This area of Cuba is known for its luxury resorts, gorgeous beaches and excellent golf course. Also, it's close to Tropicana Matanzas – the most famous cabaret of Cuba. Varadero is also home to the Bellamar Caves, the oldest tourist attraction in Cuba.
This tropical spot is often referred to as one of the best beaches in the world. Now UK visitors to Cuba can fly directly to this hot travel destination, rather than having to fly to Havana and journey around two hours east.
New changes coming soon
Services from Gatwick to Varadero are set to begin in April of 2017. Virgin Atlantic already offers a twice-weekly service to Havana, which means that customers will be able to enjoy the cultural charms of the city as well as the beautiful beaches.
The widening of services from Virgin Atlantic will also see two additional services to Barbados, making nine flights per week from London to Barbados starting in April 2017. The additional flights will be on Wednesday and Sunday. Las Vegas, another popular vacation hotspot, has two additional services as well, on Wednesday and Monday.
Travel options for UK holidaymakers
For customers outside of London, there will also be more seasonal services from Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast. There will be increased services between Glasgow and Orlando in June and July and the service between Belfast and Orlando will be doubled, with two flights per week in June and July. The services from Manchester to Barbados will be increased, with two flights per week increasing to three flights per week during the school holiday period.
With more flights to Cuba available, visiting this fascinating Caribbean island nation will be become a more enticing option for travellers from the UK.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...