Seashell House in Isla Mujeres listed among world's most popular Airbnbs
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has unveiled some of the most popular Airbnb properties around the world. The list includes treehouses in Italy and Bali, mushroom-dome cabins in the woods in California, unusual cob cottages in Canada, and an artistic Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico that boasts its own swimming pool and shell fountain in the bath.
Airbnb properties are becoming increasingly popular with travellers who want to live in the destination, rather than just travel to it. Conde Nast Travellers magazine has listed the top 10 most popular Airbnb rentals in the world.
The list includes treehouses in Tuscany in Italy and Bali, Indonesia, and Atlanta, Georgia; unusual cob cottages made out of sustainable materials located on a farm on Mayne Island, Canada; secluded mushroom-domed cabins in the woods and off the grid glass-walled cabins near Joshua Tree National Park in California; and a unique Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico. It's situated on the beautiful Isla Mujeres near Cancun in Mexico,
The Seashell House is an unusual gated property that has two buildings shaped like conch shells, and it boasts its own private swimming pool. Created by the owners Raquel and Eduardo Ocampo, who live next door to the property, the Seashell House is idyllic place to stay away from the busy tourists resorts of Cancun.
The smaller shell has a king-sized bed and private bathroom with a bath and shower that is made out of shells. The larger, taller shell structure has two levels with the ground floor offering a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, gas stove, and sink, a sitting area with satellite TV, and a small bathroom, while the top floor has a master bedroom with king-sized bed and private bathroom with a shower and shell fountain, as well as a balcony with views overlooking the pool and the Caribbean Sea. Guests will need a golf cart so they can explore the local area with ease, and there’s complimentary wireless internet at the property.
Isla Mujeres is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations. The island is located approximately eight miles of the coast of Cancun and it is home to flour-soft white sandy beaches with swaying palm trees.
Home to pristine beaches including Playa Norte and Isla Blanca, the island is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities due to its crystal-clear turquoise sea and vibrant coral reefs. Tourists staying on the small island can visit the lighthouse, the ruins of a Mayan temple, or the turtle sanctuary where visitors can learn about the different species, and the uninhabited island of Isla Contoy, a bird sanctuary.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...