Seashell House in Isla Mujeres listed among world's most popular Airbnbs
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has unveiled some of the most popular Airbnb properties around the world. The list includes treehouses in Italy and Bali, mushroom-dome cabins in the woods in California, unusual cob cottages in Canada, and an artistic Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico that boasts its own swimming pool and shell fountain in the bath.
Airbnb properties are becoming increasingly popular with travellers who want to live in the destination, rather than just travel to it. Conde Nast Travellers magazine has listed the top 10 most popular Airbnb rentals in the world.
The list includes treehouses in Tuscany in Italy and Bali, Indonesia, and Atlanta, Georgia; unusual cob cottages made out of sustainable materials located on a farm on Mayne Island, Canada; secluded mushroom-domed cabins in the woods and off the grid glass-walled cabins near Joshua Tree National Park in California; and a unique Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico. It's situated on the beautiful Isla Mujeres near Cancun in Mexico,
The Seashell House is an unusual gated property that has two buildings shaped like conch shells, and it boasts its own private swimming pool. Created by the owners Raquel and Eduardo Ocampo, who live next door to the property, the Seashell House is idyllic place to stay away from the busy tourists resorts of Cancun.
The smaller shell has a king-sized bed and private bathroom with a bath and shower that is made out of shells. The larger, taller shell structure has two levels with the ground floor offering a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, gas stove, and sink, a sitting area with satellite TV, and a small bathroom, while the top floor has a master bedroom with king-sized bed and private bathroom with a shower and shell fountain, as well as a balcony with views overlooking the pool and the Caribbean Sea. Guests will need a golf cart so they can explore the local area with ease, and there’s complimentary wireless internet at the property.
Isla Mujeres is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations. The island is located approximately eight miles of the coast of Cancun and it is home to flour-soft white sandy beaches with swaying palm trees.
Home to pristine beaches including Playa Norte and Isla Blanca, the island is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities due to its crystal-clear turquoise sea and vibrant coral reefs. Tourists staying on the small island can visit the lighthouse, the ruins of a Mayan temple, or the turtle sanctuary where visitors can learn about the different species, and the uninhabited island of Isla Contoy, a bird sanctuary.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...