Seashell House in Isla Mujeres listed among world's most popular Airbnbs
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has unveiled some of the most popular Airbnb properties around the world. The list includes treehouses in Italy and Bali, mushroom-dome cabins in the woods in California, unusual cob cottages in Canada, and an artistic Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico that boasts its own swimming pool and shell fountain in the bath.
Airbnb properties are becoming increasingly popular with travellers who want to live in the destination, rather than just travel to it. Conde Nast Travellers magazine has listed the top 10 most popular Airbnb rentals in the world.
The list includes treehouses in Tuscany in Italy and Bali, Indonesia, and Atlanta, Georgia; unusual cob cottages made out of sustainable materials located on a farm on Mayne Island, Canada; secluded mushroom-domed cabins in the woods and off the grid glass-walled cabins near Joshua Tree National Park in California; and a unique Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico. It's situated on the beautiful Isla Mujeres near Cancun in Mexico,
The Seashell House is an unusual gated property that has two buildings shaped like conch shells, and it boasts its own private swimming pool. Created by the owners Raquel and Eduardo Ocampo, who live next door to the property, the Seashell House is idyllic place to stay away from the busy tourists resorts of Cancun.
The smaller shell has a king-sized bed and private bathroom with a bath and shower that is made out of shells. The larger, taller shell structure has two levels with the ground floor offering a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, gas stove, and sink, a sitting area with satellite TV, and a small bathroom, while the top floor has a master bedroom with king-sized bed and private bathroom with a shower and shell fountain, as well as a balcony with views overlooking the pool and the Caribbean Sea. Guests will need a golf cart so they can explore the local area with ease, and there’s complimentary wireless internet at the property.
Isla Mujeres is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations. The island is located approximately eight miles of the coast of Cancun and it is home to flour-soft white sandy beaches with swaying palm trees.
Home to pristine beaches including Playa Norte and Isla Blanca, the island is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities due to its crystal-clear turquoise sea and vibrant coral reefs. Tourists staying on the small island can visit the lighthouse, the ruins of a Mayan temple, or the turtle sanctuary where visitors can learn about the different species, and the uninhabited island of Isla Contoy, a bird sanctuary.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...