Seashell House in Isla Mujeres listed among world's most popular Airbnbs
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has unveiled some of the most popular Airbnb properties around the world. The list includes treehouses in Italy and Bali, mushroom-dome cabins in the woods in California, unusual cob cottages in Canada, and an artistic Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico that boasts its own swimming pool and shell fountain in the bath.
Airbnb properties are becoming increasingly popular with travellers who want to live in the destination, rather than just travel to it. Conde Nast Travellers magazine has listed the top 10 most popular Airbnb rentals in the world.
The list includes treehouses in Tuscany in Italy and Bali, Indonesia, and Atlanta, Georgia; unusual cob cottages made out of sustainable materials located on a farm on Mayne Island, Canada; secluded mushroom-domed cabins in the woods and off the grid glass-walled cabins near Joshua Tree National Park in California; and a unique Seashell House in Isla Mujeres in Mexico. It's situated on the beautiful Isla Mujeres near Cancun in Mexico,
The Seashell House is an unusual gated property that has two buildings shaped like conch shells, and it boasts its own private swimming pool. Created by the owners Raquel and Eduardo Ocampo, who live next door to the property, the Seashell House is idyllic place to stay away from the busy tourists resorts of Cancun.
The smaller shell has a king-sized bed and private bathroom with a bath and shower that is made out of shells. The larger, taller shell structure has two levels with the ground floor offering a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, gas stove, and sink, a sitting area with satellite TV, and a small bathroom, while the top floor has a master bedroom with king-sized bed and private bathroom with a shower and shell fountain, as well as a balcony with views overlooking the pool and the Caribbean Sea. Guests will need a golf cart so they can explore the local area with ease, and there’s complimentary wireless internet at the property.
Isla Mujeres is one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations. The island is located approximately eight miles of the coast of Cancun and it is home to flour-soft white sandy beaches with swaying palm trees.
Home to pristine beaches including Playa Norte and Isla Blanca, the island is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities due to its crystal-clear turquoise sea and vibrant coral reefs. Tourists staying on the small island can visit the lighthouse, the ruins of a Mayan temple, or the turtle sanctuary where visitors can learn about the different species, and the uninhabited island of Isla Contoy, a bird sanctuary.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...