Discover Jamaica's Mystic Mountain Hummingbird Garden
Jamaica is home to a myriad of natural landscapes and diverse wildlife, and sometimes the island's most popular attractions boast lesser-known hidden gems. In Ocho Rio, the Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain is a place where travellers will get to see and learn about the several different species of the beautiful tiny Hummingbirds amid tropical gardens in a rainforest.
When it comes to tropical landscapes and magnificent wildlife, the Caribbean boasts plenty of both. Jamaica is a fantastic place to enjoy natural wonders and Ocho Rios has an attraction that is home to some of the world’s tiniest birds. The Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain lets travellers discover these beautiful creatures without them having to trek into the unknown, but its mountainous location provides a native setting for the birds in a rainforest.
As visitors walk down the paths through the tropical garden among the colourful flora and fauna, they’ll catch sightings of these beautiful birds in their natural environment. The educational pavilion provides information about hummingbirds and the different species that can be found all over the Western Hemisphere – 328 species in total.
Holidaymakers can learn about Jamaica’s species of the Hummingbird, including the Jamaican Mango, Eastern and Western Streamertail, and the Vervain Hummingbird, which is the second smallest bird in the world. Next to the Hummingbird Garden is the Butterfly Attractions Garden where hundreds of vibrant butterflies fly around freely among the colourful flowers.
Mystic Mountain is an attraction in Ocho Rios that spans 100 acres from the top of a mountain down to the sandy shoreline. The award-winning green attractions is a hotspot for nature lovers, and there’s plenty to do for visitors of all ages including the Mystic Waterslide and Infinity Edge Pool with a 77-meter water slide where tourists can cool off from the soaring sun; the Mystic Lookout Tower where visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Caribbean Sea; the Sky Explorer chair lift where people soar 700 metres above the rainforest; and the Mystic Pavilion that exhibits displays of Jamaica’s sporting and cultural moments, as well as educational material and displays on conservation and the protection of rainforests.
Jamaica offers many eco-attractions where holidaymakers can enjoy nature’s finest delights. These include Dunn’s River Falls that cascade 600 feet down the cliff to the Caribbean Sea and have a series of rocky ledges where visitors can climb and jump into the lagoon below; the Martha Brae lazy river in Trelawney where tourists can enjoy three-mile-long bamboo raft excursions; and the island’s famous Seven-Mile Beach with soft golden sand, calm sea, and fun activities that range from scuba diving and snorkelling, to jet skiing and parasailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...