Discover Jamaica's Mystic Mountain Hummingbird Garden
Jamaica is home to a myriad of natural landscapes and diverse wildlife, and sometimes the island's most popular attractions boast lesser-known hidden gems. In Ocho Rio, the Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain is a place where travellers will get to see and learn about the several different species of the beautiful tiny Hummingbirds amid tropical gardens in a rainforest.
When it comes to tropical landscapes and magnificent wildlife, the Caribbean boasts plenty of both. Jamaica is a fantastic place to enjoy natural wonders and Ocho Rios has an attraction that is home to some of the world’s tiniest birds. The Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain lets travellers discover these beautiful creatures without them having to trek into the unknown, but its mountainous location provides a native setting for the birds in a rainforest.
As visitors walk down the paths through the tropical garden among the colourful flora and fauna, they’ll catch sightings of these beautiful birds in their natural environment. The educational pavilion provides information about hummingbirds and the different species that can be found all over the Western Hemisphere – 328 species in total.
Holidaymakers can learn about Jamaica’s species of the Hummingbird, including the Jamaican Mango, Eastern and Western Streamertail, and the Vervain Hummingbird, which is the second smallest bird in the world. Next to the Hummingbird Garden is the Butterfly Attractions Garden where hundreds of vibrant butterflies fly around freely among the colourful flowers.
Mystic Mountain is an attraction in Ocho Rios that spans 100 acres from the top of a mountain down to the sandy shoreline. The award-winning green attractions is a hotspot for nature lovers, and there’s plenty to do for visitors of all ages including the Mystic Waterslide and Infinity Edge Pool with a 77-meter water slide where tourists can cool off from the soaring sun; the Mystic Lookout Tower where visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Caribbean Sea; the Sky Explorer chair lift where people soar 700 metres above the rainforest; and the Mystic Pavilion that exhibits displays of Jamaica’s sporting and cultural moments, as well as educational material and displays on conservation and the protection of rainforests.
Jamaica offers many eco-attractions where holidaymakers can enjoy nature’s finest delights. These include Dunn’s River Falls that cascade 600 feet down the cliff to the Caribbean Sea and have a series of rocky ledges where visitors can climb and jump into the lagoon below; the Martha Brae lazy river in Trelawney where tourists can enjoy three-mile-long bamboo raft excursions; and the island’s famous Seven-Mile Beach with soft golden sand, calm sea, and fun activities that range from scuba diving and snorkelling, to jet skiing and parasailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...