Discover Jamaica's Mystic Mountain Hummingbird Garden
Jamaica is home to a myriad of natural landscapes and diverse wildlife, and sometimes the island's most popular attractions boast lesser-known hidden gems. In Ocho Rio, the Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain is a place where travellers will get to see and learn about the several different species of the beautiful tiny Hummingbirds amid tropical gardens in a rainforest.
When it comes to tropical landscapes and magnificent wildlife, the Caribbean boasts plenty of both. Jamaica is a fantastic place to enjoy natural wonders and Ocho Rios has an attraction that is home to some of the world’s tiniest birds. The Hummingbird Garden on Mystic Mountain lets travellers discover these beautiful creatures without them having to trek into the unknown, but its mountainous location provides a native setting for the birds in a rainforest.
As visitors walk down the paths through the tropical garden among the colourful flora and fauna, they’ll catch sightings of these beautiful birds in their natural environment. The educational pavilion provides information about hummingbirds and the different species that can be found all over the Western Hemisphere – 328 species in total.
Holidaymakers can learn about Jamaica’s species of the Hummingbird, including the Jamaican Mango, Eastern and Western Streamertail, and the Vervain Hummingbird, which is the second smallest bird in the world. Next to the Hummingbird Garden is the Butterfly Attractions Garden where hundreds of vibrant butterflies fly around freely among the colourful flowers.
Mystic Mountain is an attraction in Ocho Rios that spans 100 acres from the top of a mountain down to the sandy shoreline. The award-winning green attractions is a hotspot for nature lovers, and there’s plenty to do for visitors of all ages including the Mystic Waterslide and Infinity Edge Pool with a 77-meter water slide where tourists can cool off from the soaring sun; the Mystic Lookout Tower where visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Caribbean Sea; the Sky Explorer chair lift where people soar 700 metres above the rainforest; and the Mystic Pavilion that exhibits displays of Jamaica’s sporting and cultural moments, as well as educational material and displays on conservation and the protection of rainforests.
Jamaica offers many eco-attractions where holidaymakers can enjoy nature’s finest delights. These include Dunn’s River Falls that cascade 600 feet down the cliff to the Caribbean Sea and have a series of rocky ledges where visitors can climb and jump into the lagoon below; the Martha Brae lazy river in Trelawney where tourists can enjoy three-mile-long bamboo raft excursions; and the island’s famous Seven-Mile Beach with soft golden sand, calm sea, and fun activities that range from scuba diving and snorkelling, to jet skiing and parasailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...