First Golfer's Choice Awards rank Anahita as Best Golf Course in Mauritius
The Anahita Golf Course has been voted as the No.1 Golf Course in Mauritius in 2015 by members of Leadingcourses.com. The golf course review site is used by golf players who rank courses all around the world. Managed by Four Seasons, the 18-hole par 72 golf course at Anahita was designed by Ernie Els & Bernhard Lange and has six oceanfront holes, making it one of the most spectacular courses in the world.
Golfer’s Choice Awards has ranked the Anahita Golf Course as the No.1 Golf Course in Mauritius in 2015.
The awards were based on 300,000 reviews left by the website’s members, and the leading golf course in Mauritius scored an average rating of 9.53.
Anahita Golf Course is managed by Four Seasons and was designed by Ernie Els & Bernhard Lange. The 18-hole par 72 course boast six oceanfront holes and a backdrop of lush mountains and a turquoise lagoon. Members of Leadingcourse.com wrote reviews about the Anahita course, saying:
"A stunning golf course in a beautiful setting [and] very hospitable club. We even got a nice drink and delicious homemade cookies before we teed off."
Dominique Di Daniel, the General Manager at Anahita The Resort stated:
“We are proud that the Anahita Golf Course has been selected and is recognised as being the number 1 golf club in Mauritius. This Golfers’ Choice Award is a remarkable achievement for both Anahita The Resort and the Golf Club.
"It highlights the great job carried out by the whole team since the opening of our Ernie Els golf course. We wish to express our treasured gratitude to all our partners and guests for their valuable trust. We shall keep doing our utmost to provide a pleasant and enhanced golfing experience to all.”
The second best golf course in Mauritius was the Ile Aux Cerfs Golf Club that is located on the south of the Ile aux Cerfs island. The Bernhard Langer-designed course was rated 9.17 in the Golfer’s Choice Awards and it was praised for its scenic setting surrounded by 38 hectares of lakes, volcanic rocks, and lush trees and plants.
The Golfer’s Choice Awards are based on the opinions of active golfers and rankings for courses and golf clubs are only collected if enough members have written reviews for that specific country.
Leadingcourses.pr.co is a website that allows golfers to discover courses all over the world based on their handicap or their location.
The site brings golfers together and reviews have been left for over 20,000 golf clubs and 24,000 golf courses 125 countries across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Take delight in the bare necessities of life when you stay at this peaceful retreat, created for body and soul rejuvenation.
- Enjoy delicious seafood barefeet in the sand at L'Ocean restaurant
- Admire beautiful sunsets from the deck around the infinity pool
- Treat yourself with a complimentary Hammam at the Spa Attitude
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...