Dominican Republic resort included in 9 "Best New Beach Resorts in the World"
The Playa Grande Beach Club in the Dominican Republic has been listed among the 9 Best New beach Resorts in the World for 2016 by Conde Nast Traveller magazine. Created by a well-connected group of friends, including New York-based interior designer Celerie Kemble, this intimate resort on the north coast has nine bungalows, and a Beach Club with bars, restaurant, lounge, and library. Conde Nast Traveller magazine has listed an intimate resort in the Dominican Republic as one of the 9 Best Beach Resorts in the World for 2016.
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has listed an intimate resort in the Dominican Republic as one of the 9 Best Beach Resorts in the World for 2016. The Playa Grande Beach Club sits on a one-mile white sandy stretch of the north coast of the Dominican Republic and was created by a group of celebrity friends including New York–based interior designer Celerie Kemble.
Together with her husband Boykin Curry, the managing director of Eagle Capital Management, Kemble persuaded architect Richard Meier, talk show host Charlie Rose, fashion stylist Lela Rose, actress Mariska Hargitay, and journalist Fareed Zakaria into developing 2,000 acres of lush land into a boutique resort in Playa Grande.
With just six one-bedroom bungalows and three three-bedroom bungalows, the beachfront resort boasts a cosy, chic environment.
With furnishings ranging from high-back wicker chairs, copper bath tubs, retro kitchens, and colourful décor including pink and green tiles and criss-cross woodwork, the colonial-style bungalows provide a vintage boho setting and it’s hard to believe the resort has only be open for just one year.
On the resort’s website, the bungalows are described, saying:
“The interior design of each house is irregular due to thoughtful curation of unique vintage elements but the intention is to keep each house consistent in an overriding attitude of open-air-ness, character, and casual fun. Even the small bungalow is set for casual entertaining. A stay in the bungalows evokes a feeling of a beloved family beach home worn by gentle use through the years.”
Guests at the resort can enjoy the Beach Club’s facilities, including a bar, lounge and restaurant, an upstairs late bar and games room, a library and a lap pool. There’s also a dedicated space that has been created to give the feel of a local village market where guests can buy food, drinks, and gifts from vendors who once sold their goods in shacks on the beach.
As well as providing a tranquil retreat for holidaymakers, the owners of Playa Grande Beach Club Resort are committed to supporting local educational and healthcare institutions.
The Dominican Republic is a vibrant Caribbean tourist destination thanks to its magnificent tropical landscapes and variety of attractions including the award-winning and family-friendly Bavaro Beach, the stunning waterfalls at Damajaqua Cascades, Catalina Island, and Columbus Lighthouse.
rs a ship and Starwood Group plans two hotels on the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Live it up and Enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...