IBEROSTAR Cancun resort awarded Green Globe Certification for third year
IBEROSTAR Cancun Golf & Spa Resort in Mexico has received Green Globe certification for its efforts in conserving wildlife and implementing sustainable practices. The luxury resort was awarded for the third year in a row and it scored 85 per cent in the audit that looks at the property's eco-friendly practices, environmental initiatives, and community projects.
Green Globe has awarded certification to IBEROSTAR Cancun Golf and Spa Resort in Mexico for the third year in a row.
The resort in Cancun scored an impressive 85 per cent in the audit that was recently carried out by Green Globe, which bases its decision on the property’s sustainable practices, environmental initiatives, and eco-friendly efforts.
Gaspar Antonio Chan Itza, the Environmental Manager at IBEROSTAR Cancun, explained:
“At IBEROSTAR Cancun Golf & Spa Resort, our commitment to the environment is one of our main goals each year. We strive to be better every day during our daily work, knowing that even the smallest detail is important from separating and throwing garbage into its corresponding bin, to supporting our community or using local products and services. We can all contribute to sustainability.”
The all-inclusive resort was awarded for its waste management plan which includes working closely with local authorities and waste disposal companies, running courses for hotel staff to educate them on waste reduction, and encouraging guests to recycle during their stay.
Community activities are supported by IBEROSTAR Cancun, and the hotel donates towels, clothes and equipment to charities and people in need across Cancun. Every year, the hotel takes part in Earth Hour, and guests are encouraged to reuse towels and linen.
In addittion, turtle conservation is an ongoing project at the resort, and staff are committed to protecting the native sea turtles with its Conservation and Protection of the Sea Turtle programme. Tourists are invited to participate, as are the hotel’s business partners who attend Department of Ecology-run courses at the resort to find out how they can help protect the marine species.
Turtle nesting season is between May and October and IBEROSTAR Cancun has implemented practices that protect the White Turtles when they come onto the beach to lay their eggs, during the 60-day nesting, and when the new hatchlings make their way to the sea.
If that's not enough, the lights are turned off in restaurants after 11pm, and guests and staff are encouraged not to use their camera flashes so the turtles are not disturbed. In 2015, the resort celebrated the success of helping to return more than 9,600 baby turtles to the sea, more than twice the number in 2014.
IBEROSTAR Cancun Golf and Spa Resort is located on a beautiful beach and has 426 guest rooms and villas, including a presidential suite, two villa beach suites, four master suites and 16 junior suites. Facilities at the resort include seven infinity swimming pools, a gym and beauty salon, a lavish spa, two tennis courts, a professional football field, and an 18-hole golf course.
IBEROSTAR Hotels operates luxury hotels across the Caribbean and Mexico that range from the adults-only “Grand Collection”, to couple and family-friendly “Premium Gold,” and “Premium Category” properties.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...