Expedia reports 20 per cent increase in demand for Jamaica in 2015
The Expedia Group has revealed that demand for package travel to Jamaica increased by 20 per cent in 2015, compared to the year before. The travel company reported an increase in travel to the island's south coast, Port Antonio and Ocho Rios, and the main source market continues to the United States with a 25 per cent increase of travellers last year.
The island of Jamaica was a popular choice for travellers in 2015, according to travel company Expedia, with a 20 per cent increase in package bookings compared to 2014. The travel group recorded a rise in bookings for packages that combine hotels and flights, and certain destinations in Jamaica saw an increase in travel demand.
Ocho Rios on the north coast saw an increase of 30 per cent, Port Antonio recorded 75 per cent, and visitors to the south coast of the Caribbean island were up by 30 per cent. Figures released by Expedia show that the United States continue to be Jamaica’s main source market, with an increase of 25 per cent in 2015 compared to the year before. Canadian visitors increased by 15 per cent, while travellers from the United Kingdom grew by nearly 35 per cent.
Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean of the Expedia group, explained:
“Expedia continues to support Jamaica’s growth with its local presence and its constant rollout of effective solutions like the Expedia® PartnerCentral App. As properties continue to benefit from the company’s wide-range of tools, technology and expertise, we continue to build relationships with hotel partners who see the benefit of Expedia.”
Jamaica is a tropical island nation in the Caribbean that is one of the most popular destinations in the region due to its white sand beaches, national parks with cascading waterfalls, sunny climate, wide choice of accommodation, and its famous laidback lifestyle. The country is home to stunning, diverse natural landscapes including Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the lush botanical gardens, and the majestic Blue and John Crow Mountains and national park that spans 78 hectares of steep slopes and lush rainforest. The nature park is teeming with wildlife species including the world’s biggest butterfly, the Papilo Homerus, more than 200 species of birds, and over 800 species of endemic plants.
Jamaica has been the home of several famous people over the years, including the King of Reggae Music Bob Marley, and the fastest Man and woman on land; Usain Bolt and Shelly Ann Frazer Pryce. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the former sugar plantation, Rose Hall House.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free!
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...