Expedia reports 20 per cent increase in demand for Jamaica in 2015
The Expedia Group has revealed that demand for package travel to Jamaica increased by 20 per cent in 2015, compared to the year before. The travel company reported an increase in travel to the island's south coast, Port Antonio and Ocho Rios, and the main source market continues to the United States with a 25 per cent increase of travellers last year.
The island of Jamaica was a popular choice for travellers in 2015, according to travel company Expedia, with a 20 per cent increase in package bookings compared to 2014. The travel group recorded a rise in bookings for packages that combine hotels and flights, and certain destinations in Jamaica saw an increase in travel demand.
Ocho Rios on the north coast saw an increase of 30 per cent, Port Antonio recorded 75 per cent, and visitors to the south coast of the Caribbean island were up by 30 per cent. Figures released by Expedia show that the United States continue to be Jamaica’s main source market, with an increase of 25 per cent in 2015 compared to the year before. Canadian visitors increased by 15 per cent, while travellers from the United Kingdom grew by nearly 35 per cent.
Demetrius Canton, the Director of Lodging Partner Services for the Caribbean of the Expedia group, explained:
“Expedia continues to support Jamaica’s growth with its local presence and its constant rollout of effective solutions like the Expedia® PartnerCentral App. As properties continue to benefit from the company’s wide-range of tools, technology and expertise, we continue to build relationships with hotel partners who see the benefit of Expedia.”
Jamaica is a tropical island nation in the Caribbean that is one of the most popular destinations in the region due to its white sand beaches, national parks with cascading waterfalls, sunny climate, wide choice of accommodation, and its famous laidback lifestyle. The country is home to stunning, diverse natural landscapes including Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, the lush botanical gardens, and the majestic Blue and John Crow Mountains and national park that spans 78 hectares of steep slopes and lush rainforest. The nature park is teeming with wildlife species including the world’s biggest butterfly, the Papilo Homerus, more than 200 species of birds, and over 800 species of endemic plants.
Jamaica has been the home of several famous people over the years, including the King of Reggae Music Bob Marley, and the fastest Man and woman on land; Usain Bolt and Shelly Ann Frazer Pryce. Holidaymakers can visit attractions including the Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and the former sugar plantation, Rose Hall House.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...