Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts opens the Diyabubula nature and art retreat in Sri Lanka
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has announced the opening the unique Diyabubula retreat in Sri Lanka. The property combines nature with art, and features five individual villas that were designed by artist and architect, Laki Senanayake, who also resides onsite and encourages guests to paint and draw with him amid the beautiful tropical jungle surroundings.
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has opened an unusual retreat in the jungle in Sri Lanka, with its very own onsite artist in residence. The luxury lodge is located within a water garden in central Sri Lanka and was created by artist Diyabubula who also resides onsite.
The retreat feature five luxury villas that were designed by Laki Senanayake: the Water Villas, The Tree House and The Bamboo Grove. The villas were built using 100-year-old railway sleepers and timber sourced from all over Sri Lanka.
The Water Villas have two floors with bedrooms with king-size beds, en-suite bathroom with rain shower, dressing area, and a balcony with jungle views.
The Tree House sits perched upon Arcunut trees and has a double bedroom and sitting area on the ground floor and a single bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor.
The Bamboo Grove has a crescent-shaped roof under a canopy of bamboo where guests can watch the stars at night from their bed. Water flows beneath the villa, and there’s an en-suite bathroom and a balcony with beautiful forest views.
Respecting the traditional principles of the Barberyn philosophy, the boutique hotel has a restaurant that does not serve meat or alcohol. The local and western dishes are created using fresh, local ingredients and range from spaghetti to curries.
Within the retreat is Laki’s studio where he resides, and guests are encouraged to paint and draw during their stay.
Diyabubula’s unique location makes it’s a great place to spot local wildlife and bird-lovers will find an array of local and migrating species.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to nearby attractions including the cave temple of Dambulla, UNESCO world heritage site; the huge rock fortress of Sigiriya; the UNESCO world heritage-listed ancient city of Polonnaruwa; the ancient Rose Quartz Mountain; and the Minneriya National Park which is home to hundreds of elephants.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is home to its breathtaking natural scenery and a diverse ecosystem. Visitors can enjoy miles of golden sandy beaches, soaring mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....