Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts opens the Diyabubula nature and art retreat in Sri Lanka
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has announced the opening the unique Diyabubula retreat in Sri Lanka. The property combines nature with art, and features five individual villas that were designed by artist and architect, Laki Senanayake, who also resides onsite and encourages guests to paint and draw with him amid the beautiful tropical jungle surroundings.
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has opened an unusual retreat in the jungle in Sri Lanka, with its very own onsite artist in residence. The luxury lodge is located within a water garden in central Sri Lanka and was created by artist Diyabubula who also resides onsite.
The retreat feature five luxury villas that were designed by Laki Senanayake: the Water Villas, The Tree House and The Bamboo Grove. The villas were built using 100-year-old railway sleepers and timber sourced from all over Sri Lanka.
The Water Villas have two floors with bedrooms with king-size beds, en-suite bathroom with rain shower, dressing area, and a balcony with jungle views.
The Tree House sits perched upon Arcunut trees and has a double bedroom and sitting area on the ground floor and a single bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor.
The Bamboo Grove has a crescent-shaped roof under a canopy of bamboo where guests can watch the stars at night from their bed. Water flows beneath the villa, and there’s an en-suite bathroom and a balcony with beautiful forest views.
Respecting the traditional principles of the Barberyn philosophy, the boutique hotel has a restaurant that does not serve meat or alcohol. The local and western dishes are created using fresh, local ingredients and range from spaghetti to curries.
Within the retreat is Laki’s studio where he resides, and guests are encouraged to paint and draw during their stay.
Diyabubula’s unique location makes it’s a great place to spot local wildlife and bird-lovers will find an array of local and migrating species.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to nearby attractions including the cave temple of Dambulla, UNESCO world heritage site; the huge rock fortress of Sigiriya; the UNESCO world heritage-listed ancient city of Polonnaruwa; the ancient Rose Quartz Mountain; and the Minneriya National Park which is home to hundreds of elephants.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is home to its breathtaking natural scenery and a diverse ecosystem. Visitors can enjoy miles of golden sandy beaches, soaring mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....