Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts opens the Diyabubula nature and art retreat in Sri Lanka
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has announced the opening the unique Diyabubula retreat in Sri Lanka. The property combines nature with art, and features five individual villas that were designed by artist and architect, Laki Senanayake, who also resides onsite and encourages guests to paint and draw with him amid the beautiful tropical jungle surroundings.
Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts has opened an unusual retreat in the jungle in Sri Lanka, with its very own onsite artist in residence. The luxury lodge is located within a water garden in central Sri Lanka and was created by artist Diyabubula who also resides onsite.
The retreat feature five luxury villas that were designed by Laki Senanayake: the Water Villas, The Tree House and The Bamboo Grove. The villas were built using 100-year-old railway sleepers and timber sourced from all over Sri Lanka.
The Water Villas have two floors with bedrooms with king-size beds, en-suite bathroom with rain shower, dressing area, and a balcony with jungle views.
The Tree House sits perched upon Arcunut trees and has a double bedroom and sitting area on the ground floor and a single bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor.
The Bamboo Grove has a crescent-shaped roof under a canopy of bamboo where guests can watch the stars at night from their bed. Water flows beneath the villa, and there’s an en-suite bathroom and a balcony with beautiful forest views.
Respecting the traditional principles of the Barberyn philosophy, the boutique hotel has a restaurant that does not serve meat or alcohol. The local and western dishes are created using fresh, local ingredients and range from spaghetti to curries.
Within the retreat is Laki’s studio where he resides, and guests are encouraged to paint and draw during their stay.
Diyabubula’s unique location makes it’s a great place to spot local wildlife and bird-lovers will find an array of local and migrating species.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to nearby attractions including the cave temple of Dambulla, UNESCO world heritage site; the huge rock fortress of Sigiriya; the UNESCO world heritage-listed ancient city of Polonnaruwa; the ancient Rose Quartz Mountain; and the Minneriya National Park which is home to hundreds of elephants.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is home to its breathtaking natural scenery and a diverse ecosystem. Visitors can enjoy miles of golden sandy beaches, soaring mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, lush nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which include ancient cities and colonial forts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
For a taste of Sri Lanka choose Eden Rock Resort and Spa, the worthy winner of Trip Advisor'ss 2012 Certificate of Excellence Award
- All rooms have a Private Balcony or Terrace with a view of either the Garden or the Indian Ocean
- Rejuvenate at the Spa and Ayuveda Centre
- Access to Temptation - a Fine-Dining Restaurant - the 24-Hr Chameleon Cafe & more
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...