Rosewood Papagayo to open in Guanacaste, Costa Rica in 2019
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts has announced that it will open a brand new resort in 2019 on the northwest coast of Costa Rica. Situated in the Guanacaste province surrounded by tropical jungle, the resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites and 50 residences, as well as a Rosewood Spa, two swimming pools, and a fitness centre.
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts will add a new hotel to its collection with the opening of Rosewood Papagayo, Costa Rica in 2019. Designed by HKS architects from Dallas, the luxury resort will be surrounded by verdant jungle and natural landscapes in the hillside on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and guests will have direct access to a beautiful beach.
With 130 guest rooms and suites and 50 residences, the accommodation will be designed to blend in with the surrounding natural environment. Accommodation will have open-air living rooms, large terraces and plunge pools, and there will be seven double-level treehouse suites that boast contemporary, chic design.
Holidaymakers will have access to two swimming pools, a modern fitness centre, the Rosewood Spa with an array of pampering treatments and services, a poolside bar and grill, an informal all-day restaurant and a bar. There will also be a large ballroom with an outdoor terrace that will cater for weddings and special events.
The Liberia International Airport is a 20-minute drive from Rosewood Papagayo, and guests can enjoy the delights of the Guanacaste province, such as a selection of pristine white sand beaches, and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Costa Rica is located in Central America and boasts some of the world's most magnificent natural scenery including lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, quiet beaches, and cascading waterfalls. The nation has become a hotspot for nature and adventure lovers thanks to its diverse wildlife on land and in the ocean, and its wide range of activities including scuba diving, zip lining through jungles, horse riding, climbing, rafting, kayaking, and mountain biking.
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts operates luxury resorts all over the world in destinations such as Antigua, Bermuda, Italy, London, Abu Dhabi, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, the USA, Thailand, China, and Indonesia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...