Antigua and Barbuda rolls out new website and ad campaign
Antigua and Barbuda's tourist board has given its website a makeover with new visuals and fresh content in line with its Island Life advertising campaign designed to continue the growth in visitor numbers to the twin-island Caribbean nation.
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority has revamped its visitor website in line with its "Island Life" advertising campaign. Simplified and divided into new sections covering Romance, Entertainment, Activities and Luxury, the website also features a dedicated Hotels page with links to the twin-island Caribbean nation's various resorts.
The new website replaces the old version at: www.visitantiguabarbuda.com with a user-friendly interface and fresh new imagery shot at local resorts Jolly Beach and Cocos. The new site is at: www.antiguabarbudatourism.org but visitors to the old one will be automatically redirected.
The home page also contains a link to a set of Aerial Shots of the islands recently published by British aerial photographer Tommy Clarke. The snaps largely feature a bird's-eye view of Antigua's famous coastline that is said to encompass around 365 beaches – one for every day of the year. The photographs will be on show at The Admirals Inn in Antigua from 17 April – 30 June 2016.
The redesigned website is the second phase in the twin-island Caribbean nation's strategy to continue the recent growth in visitor numbers ahead of a flurry of new resort openings over the next few years. Antigua's Island Life campaign originally kicked off in November with a number of sheet poster adverts placed at prime London tube stations to encourage holiday bookings ahead of the busy January period.
The print and digital advertising campaign showcases the island under the same themes as the new website, focusing on Luxury, Romance, Entertainment and Activities. Part of the tourist board's strategy is to stimulate more bookings for the low-season summer months.
The islands' last reported visitor figures showed ‘double digit growth' for the second half of 2015, so the tourism authority also wants to continue the increase in visitor numbers for the year ahead. To achieve this, it has doubled its advertising budget compared to last year and is working more closely with the travel trade, as well as international airlines Virgin Atlantic and British Airways.
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority's vice president of sales and marketing in Europe, Jean-Marc Flambert said:
"Antigua and Barbuda is committed to increasing numbers and value of tourism to the island. Ahead of new hotel openings in the coming years, we need to grow the demand and awareness for the islands. We hope that this campaign will increase business for tour operators and travel agents selling Antigua and Barbuda."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Antigua Browse all
Sandy beaches and off shore coral reefs makes Antigua a Caribbean gem at the jolly beach resort and spa
Relax in the surroundings of lush green gardens and the incredible mile long white sand beach of Antigua's established 'fun for all' hotel, Jolly Beach
- Spoil yourself from a choice of 5 restaurants all serving mouthwatering cuisine
- Famed for being positioned on the best Beach on the Island
- Children can enjoy themselves in the Kids club
- March Flash Sale! Jolly Big Savings when you big this Month!
Relax and unwind on the beautiful island of Antigua by Devil's Bridge National Park.
- Choose from 3 restaurants and 4 bars serving international and local cuisine!
- Adjacent to a National Park with nature trails, white sand beaches and tranquil waters!
- Antigua's only All-suite, All-inclusive hotel, perfect for couples and families!
This wonderfully romantic adults only resort is located on the beautiful beach at Dickenson's Bay and has acres of lush tropical gardens
- By night, you can enjoy a wide selection of international cuisine, enjoy a famous Caribbean cocktail, take in a show under the stars or dance the night away to the island rhythms
- The resort has a prime location on Dickenson Bay with acres of lush tropical gardens running through the resort
- This wonderfully romantic resort has a great choice of facilities and activities to keep even the most energetic guests occupied
Soak up the sun on a glorious stretch of Caribbean beach, savour mouthwatering delicacies and pamper yourself in the Indulge Spa, surrounded by a bird sanctuary
- Rooms start from Superior Beachfront rooms with direct access to the Beach
- Water-sports including windsurfing, hobie-cats, paddle boarding, kayaking & snorkelling
- Adults Only, All Inclusive Resort with 3/4 mile long white sandy beach and set around 40 acres of lush tropical gardens
- Large free-form swimming pool with waterfall feature
Treat yourself to the ultimate coastal holiday with eight days at Antigua's postcard-ready Jolly Harbour. This is a...
Visit the Hawksbill Beach by Rex Resorts, a unique Caribbean hideaway, and enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of its...
Go for the ultimate relaxation getaway in unforgettable Antigua with this one-of-a-kind deal to one of the island's most...
Whether you’re after a fun-filled adventure or a sun-kissed, lazy beach retreat, the serene, adults—only Ocean Point...
A coastal resort that features soothing interiors and a Turkish steam bath, whilst providing easy access to the hustle...