Velaa Private Island, Maldives named in list of Top Five Best Hotels in World
Velaa Private Island in the Maldives has been voted as one of the Top Five Best Hotels in the world in the annual Luxury Hotel Awards. Located in the Noonu atoll, the luxury resort has 47 luxurious private villas with private swimming pools, and an array of upscale facilities including three gourmet restaurants, two bars, a dive centre, a spa with six spa suites, a kids club, tennis court, football field, swimming pool, and a yoga pavilion.
The lavish Velaa Private Island has been named as one of the world’s Top Five Best Hotels in the Luxury Hotel Awards, and it’s no surprise with its magnificent accommodation, upscale facilities and services, and idyllic tropical Indian Ocean setting.
Situated in the Noonu atoll in the Maldives, a 45-minute seaplane flight from the capital Malé, the resort 47 private villas and residences with pools, including eighteen villas that have been built on stilts and stand over the crystal clear waters, and the exclusive Romantic Villa which is only accessible by boat. As well as one and two-bedroom beach and water villas, the Maldives resort has four large four-bedroom residences that each boast more than 1,350 square metres of space and have two terraces, a swimming pool and a courtyard.
“Our goal was to bring new meaning to a private escape, where the essence of lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities,” explained of Czech billionaire, Jirí Smejc, the owner of the resort. “A place where no request is too much and each guest will ultimately feel this is their own private paradise.”
The resort boasts a variety of upscale facilities for guests, including three gourmet restaurants; the largest wine and champagne collection in the Maldives, that sits within a modern 37-foot Tavaru tower; two bars; a herb garden; a main swimming pool; a kids club that was designed by Smejc’s seven-year-old daughter; tennis courts and football field; and the Troon Short Game Golf Academy which was designed by Masters champion Jose Maria Olazabal.
For the ultimate pampering experience, guests can indulge in luxury treatments at the spa with six spa suites that stand over the sparkling lagoon, including two couple’s suites. The spa features Cloud 9, the Maldives’ first ‘snow room’ which is a cloud-shaped reclining pod that sways and rocks guests deeper into their relaxation, and the spa brand, My Blend By Clarins, with exclusive My Blend facial products and personalised facial and body treatments by Clarins.
There’s a yoga pavilion with a yoga master and personal training on the beach, or on a raised tree meditation platform in the lush tropical gardens.
Surrounded by turquoise waters and lagoons, Velaa Private Island is a hotspot for scuba diving and snorkelling and the resort has its own onsite dive centre with PADI certification courses. Guests can also enjoy fun activities including windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, wakeboarding, water-skiing and kite surfing, or an exhilarating trip in the exclusive semi-submarine, the only two-passenger private submarine in the Maldives.
The name Velaa means “Turtle Island” in the Maldivian language and over the years, generations of turtles have come to the island to nest and hatch. The resort has a hatchery and conservation plan in place to welcome the additional maritime guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Benifit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters also featuring private sun decks
- The Main Restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western fare
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Bask in the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean with this stunning Maldivian hideaway
- Explore the local reef with an expert guide
- Experience the true Maldivian way of life with a local family
- Indulge your senses with serene tranquillity at the Spa
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....