Velaa Private Island, Maldives named in list of Top Five Best Hotels in World
Velaa Private Island in the Maldives has been voted as one of the Top Five Best Hotels in the world in the annual Luxury Hotel Awards. Located in the Noonu atoll, the luxury resort has 47 luxurious private villas with private swimming pools, and an array of upscale facilities including three gourmet restaurants, two bars, a dive centre, a spa with six spa suites, a kids club, tennis court, football field, swimming pool, and a yoga pavilion.
The lavish Velaa Private Island has been named as one of the world’s Top Five Best Hotels in the Luxury Hotel Awards, and it’s no surprise with its magnificent accommodation, upscale facilities and services, and idyllic tropical Indian Ocean setting.
Situated in the Noonu atoll in the Maldives, a 45-minute seaplane flight from the capital Malé, the resort 47 private villas and residences with pools, including eighteen villas that have been built on stilts and stand over the crystal clear waters, and the exclusive Romantic Villa which is only accessible by boat. As well as one and two-bedroom beach and water villas, the Maldives resort has four large four-bedroom residences that each boast more than 1,350 square metres of space and have two terraces, a swimming pool and a courtyard.
“Our goal was to bring new meaning to a private escape, where the essence of lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities,” explained of Czech billionaire, Jirí Smejc, the owner of the resort. “A place where no request is too much and each guest will ultimately feel this is their own private paradise.”
The resort boasts a variety of upscale facilities for guests, including three gourmet restaurants; the largest wine and champagne collection in the Maldives, that sits within a modern 37-foot Tavaru tower; two bars; a herb garden; a main swimming pool; a kids club that was designed by Smejc’s seven-year-old daughter; tennis courts and football field; and the Troon Short Game Golf Academy which was designed by Masters champion Jose Maria Olazabal.
For the ultimate pampering experience, guests can indulge in luxury treatments at the spa with six spa suites that stand over the sparkling lagoon, including two couple’s suites. The spa features Cloud 9, the Maldives’ first ‘snow room’ which is a cloud-shaped reclining pod that sways and rocks guests deeper into their relaxation, and the spa brand, My Blend By Clarins, with exclusive My Blend facial products and personalised facial and body treatments by Clarins.
There’s a yoga pavilion with a yoga master and personal training on the beach, or on a raised tree meditation platform in the lush tropical gardens.
Surrounded by turquoise waters and lagoons, Velaa Private Island is a hotspot for scuba diving and snorkelling and the resort has its own onsite dive centre with PADI certification courses. Guests can also enjoy fun activities including windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, wakeboarding, water-skiing and kite surfing, or an exhilarating trip in the exclusive semi-submarine, the only two-passenger private submarine in the Maldives.
The name Velaa means “Turtle Island” in the Maldivian language and over the years, generations of turtles have come to the island to nest and hatch. The resort has a hatchery and conservation plan in place to welcome the additional maritime guests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...