TripAdvisor names Playa Paraiso in Cuba as one of world's best beaches
The leading travel site TripAdvisor has listed Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Located in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba, the beach was ranked in third place and stands out for holidaymakers due to its flour-soft sand, and swimming pool with crystal-clear water.
One of Cuba’s most picturesque beaches has been named as one of the top ten beaches in the world by TripAdvisor. Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba was ranked in third place and highlighted by travellers for its flour-soft sand, sea, and swimming pool with clear water. The beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months and are part of the 2016 Travellers' Choice Awards.
The list of top ten beaches in the world included Anse Lanzio Beach, Praslin island (Seychelles), Cayo de Agua Beach, Los Roques Archipelago (Venezuela), Flamenco Beach, Culebra (Puerto Rico), Ses Illetes Beach, Formentera (Spain), Ngapali Beach (Myanmar), Bahia Oeste Beach (Honduras), and Nacpan Beach, El Nido (Philippines).
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth), Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations. The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of boutique hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
Cuba is a communist island nation in the Caribbean that is rich in political history, cultural heritage, and some of the world’s most magnificent natural landscapes including pristine white sand beaches, azure lagoons, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in Cuba include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...