TripAdvisor names Playa Paraiso in Cuba as one of world's best beaches
The leading travel site TripAdvisor has listed Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Located in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba, the beach was ranked in third place and stands out for holidaymakers due to its flour-soft sand, and swimming pool with crystal-clear water.
One of Cuba’s most picturesque beaches has been named as one of the top ten beaches in the world by TripAdvisor. Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba was ranked in third place and highlighted by travellers for its flour-soft sand, sea, and swimming pool with clear water. The beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months and are part of the 2016 Travellers' Choice Awards.
The list of top ten beaches in the world included Anse Lanzio Beach, Praslin island (Seychelles), Cayo de Agua Beach, Los Roques Archipelago (Venezuela), Flamenco Beach, Culebra (Puerto Rico), Ses Illetes Beach, Formentera (Spain), Ngapali Beach (Myanmar), Bahia Oeste Beach (Honduras), and Nacpan Beach, El Nido (Philippines).
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth), Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations. The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of boutique hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
Cuba is a communist island nation in the Caribbean that is rich in political history, cultural heritage, and some of the world’s most magnificent natural landscapes including pristine white sand beaches, azure lagoons, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in Cuba include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...