TripAdvisor names Playa Paraiso in Cuba as one of world's best beaches
The leading travel site TripAdvisor has listed Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Located in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba, the beach was ranked in third place and stands out for holidaymakers due to its flour-soft sand, and swimming pool with crystal-clear water.
One of Cuba’s most picturesque beaches has been named as one of the top ten beaches in the world by TripAdvisor. Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba was ranked in third place and highlighted by travellers for its flour-soft sand, sea, and swimming pool with clear water. The beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months and are part of the 2016 Travellers' Choice Awards.
The list of top ten beaches in the world included Anse Lanzio Beach, Praslin island (Seychelles), Cayo de Agua Beach, Los Roques Archipelago (Venezuela), Flamenco Beach, Culebra (Puerto Rico), Ses Illetes Beach, Formentera (Spain), Ngapali Beach (Myanmar), Bahia Oeste Beach (Honduras), and Nacpan Beach, El Nido (Philippines).
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth), Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations. The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of boutique hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
Cuba is a communist island nation in the Caribbean that is rich in political history, cultural heritage, and some of the world’s most magnificent natural landscapes including pristine white sand beaches, azure lagoons, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in Cuba include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...