TripAdvisor names Playa Paraiso in Cuba as one of world's best beaches
The leading travel site TripAdvisor has listed Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Located in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba, the beach was ranked in third place and stands out for holidaymakers due to its flour-soft sand, and swimming pool with crystal-clear water.
One of Cuba’s most picturesque beaches has been named as one of the top ten beaches in the world by TripAdvisor. Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba was ranked in third place and highlighted by travellers for its flour-soft sand, sea, and swimming pool with clear water. The beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months and are part of the 2016 Travellers' Choice Awards.
The list of top ten beaches in the world included Anse Lanzio Beach, Praslin island (Seychelles), Cayo de Agua Beach, Los Roques Archipelago (Venezuela), Flamenco Beach, Culebra (Puerto Rico), Ses Illetes Beach, Formentera (Spain), Ngapali Beach (Myanmar), Bahia Oeste Beach (Honduras), and Nacpan Beach, El Nido (Philippines).
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth), Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations. The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of boutique hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
Cuba is a communist island nation in the Caribbean that is rich in political history, cultural heritage, and some of the world’s most magnificent natural landscapes including pristine white sand beaches, azure lagoons, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in Cuba include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...