TripAdvisor names Playa Paraiso in Cuba as one of world's best beaches
The leading travel site TripAdvisor has listed Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Located in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba, the beach was ranked in third place and stands out for holidaymakers due to its flour-soft sand, and swimming pool with crystal-clear water.
One of Cuba’s most picturesque beaches has been named as one of the top ten beaches in the world by TripAdvisor. Playa Paraiso (Paradise Beach), in Cayo Largo del Sur in Cuba was ranked in third place and highlighted by travellers for its flour-soft sand, sea, and swimming pool with clear water. The beaches were rated by travellers who left comments, ratings and reviews on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months and are part of the 2016 Travellers' Choice Awards.
The list of top ten beaches in the world included Anse Lanzio Beach, Praslin island (Seychelles), Cayo de Agua Beach, Los Roques Archipelago (Venezuela), Flamenco Beach, Culebra (Puerto Rico), Ses Illetes Beach, Formentera (Spain), Ngapali Beach (Myanmar), Bahia Oeste Beach (Honduras), and Nacpan Beach, El Nido (Philippines).
Situated south of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea near the popular Isla de la Juventud (Isle of Youth), Cayo Largo is a stunning island that offers a peaceful all-year-round escape away from the usual hustle and bustle found of most coastal tourist destinations. The virgin island is just 28 kilometres long and three kilometres wide, and is home to many breathtaking unspoilt beaches and an array of diverse wildlife including flamingos, turtles, iguanas, and pelicans.
Cayo Largo has just a scattering of boutique hotels, most of which are located within five kilometres of the coastline and pristine white sand beaches.
Cuba is a communist island nation in the Caribbean that is rich in political history, cultural heritage, and some of the world’s most magnificent natural landscapes including pristine white sand beaches, azure lagoons, and the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Some of the most popular tourist hotspots in Cuba include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort home to 2o kilometres of beaches; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...