Mayakoba Resort in Riviera Maya to host first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf event
The Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico will host the first Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf festival this June. The four-day event will feature a two-day golf tournament, food and wine tasting experiences, culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, gala dinners, and after-hour parties at the resort's three luxury hotels.
A brand new festival will be hosted by the Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico this summer. The luxury resort near Cancun will launch the Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf, presented by American Express from 2nd to 5th June, 2016.
During the four-day event, the resort will hold gala dinners, food, wine and spirit tastings, culinary demonstrations from celebrity chefs, interactive lunches, and after-parties at the resort’s three hotels: Banyan Tree, Rosewood and Fairmont Mayakoba. World-class chefs who will attend the event include Richard Sandoval, Abraham Salum, Fernando Trocca, Andrew Ormsby, Felipe Donnelly, Diane DiMeo, Antonio De Livier, Paola Carosella, Maru Botana and Montse Estruch.
The festival will kick off with a party on Rosewood Mayakoba's outdoor Palapa with culinary delights and beverages from guest chefs, winemakers, sommeliers, tequila masters and brewers.
The festival will also feature a two-day golf tournament at the resort’s award-winning El Camaleon Golf Club which will start with a special clinic hosted by master golf instructor, Jim McLean, on the Greg Norman-designed course.
"We look forward to welcoming such a celebrated gathering of chefs, wine and spirit masters to Mayakoba for our first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf," stated Carl Emberson, the Vice President of Operations and Marketing for Mayakoba. "Foodies, oenophiles and golf enthusiasts alike will appreciate the specially-curated events that highlight the culinary and cultural bounty of Mexico but also bring an international flair to the Riviera Maya. It's a unique way for our guests to experience the destination through food and wine, and we hope this is the first of many more events to come."
Festivities include a spa day and ladies luncheon with guest Chef Diane Dimeo at Rosewood Mayakoba, cooking classes with guest chefs at the El Pueblito Cooking School, a Farmer's Market at El Pueblito, a Mexican dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval, the "Mayakoba Cup" Awards Luncheon prepared by Chefs Abraham Salum, Montse Estruch, Maru Botana, and the Closing Dinner & Party Presented by The Gourmet Awards where guests can meet celebrity chefs at Banyan Tree Mayakoba's Sands Beach Club.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco-friendly Mayakoba Resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches. Guests are transported to the resort’s crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach on boats via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...