Mayakoba Resort in Riviera Maya to host first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf event
The Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico will host the first Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf festival this June. The four-day event will feature a two-day golf tournament, food and wine tasting experiences, culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, gala dinners, and after-hour parties at the resort's three luxury hotels.
A brand new festival will be hosted by the Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico this summer. The luxury resort near Cancun will launch the Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf, presented by American Express from 2nd to 5th June, 2016.
During the four-day event, the resort will hold gala dinners, food, wine and spirit tastings, culinary demonstrations from celebrity chefs, interactive lunches, and after-parties at the resort’s three hotels: Banyan Tree, Rosewood and Fairmont Mayakoba. World-class chefs who will attend the event include Richard Sandoval, Abraham Salum, Fernando Trocca, Andrew Ormsby, Felipe Donnelly, Diane DiMeo, Antonio De Livier, Paola Carosella, Maru Botana and Montse Estruch.
The festival will kick off with a party on Rosewood Mayakoba's outdoor Palapa with culinary delights and beverages from guest chefs, winemakers, sommeliers, tequila masters and brewers.
The festival will also feature a two-day golf tournament at the resort’s award-winning El Camaleon Golf Club which will start with a special clinic hosted by master golf instructor, Jim McLean, on the Greg Norman-designed course.
"We look forward to welcoming such a celebrated gathering of chefs, wine and spirit masters to Mayakoba for our first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf," stated Carl Emberson, the Vice President of Operations and Marketing for Mayakoba. "Foodies, oenophiles and golf enthusiasts alike will appreciate the specially-curated events that highlight the culinary and cultural bounty of Mexico but also bring an international flair to the Riviera Maya. It's a unique way for our guests to experience the destination through food and wine, and we hope this is the first of many more events to come."
Festivities include a spa day and ladies luncheon with guest Chef Diane Dimeo at Rosewood Mayakoba, cooking classes with guest chefs at the El Pueblito Cooking School, a Farmer's Market at El Pueblito, a Mexican dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval, the "Mayakoba Cup" Awards Luncheon prepared by Chefs Abraham Salum, Montse Estruch, Maru Botana, and the Closing Dinner & Party Presented by The Gourmet Awards where guests can meet celebrity chefs at Banyan Tree Mayakoba's Sands Beach Club.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco-friendly Mayakoba Resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches. Guests are transported to the resort’s crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach on boats via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
- Family-friendly resort offering a heated kids pool and a Mayan-themed Explorer’s Club that features a planetarium and pyramid-shaped climbing wall
- Intimate wine cellar offering international premium brand wine selections
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...