Mayakoba Resort in Riviera Maya to host first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf event
The Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun in Mexico will host the first Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf festival this June. The four-day event will feature a two-day golf tournament, food and wine tasting experiences, culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, gala dinners, and after-hour parties at the resort's three luxury hotels.
A brand new festival will be hosted by the Mayakoba Resort in the Riviera Maya in Mexico this summer. The luxury resort near Cancun will launch the Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf, presented by American Express from 2nd to 5th June, 2016.
During the four-day event, the resort will hold gala dinners, food, wine and spirit tastings, culinary demonstrations from celebrity chefs, interactive lunches, and after-parties at the resort’s three hotels: Banyan Tree, Rosewood and Fairmont Mayakoba. World-class chefs who will attend the event include Richard Sandoval, Abraham Salum, Fernando Trocca, Andrew Ormsby, Felipe Donnelly, Diane DiMeo, Antonio De Livier, Paola Carosella, Maru Botana and Montse Estruch.
The festival will kick off with a party on Rosewood Mayakoba's outdoor Palapa with culinary delights and beverages from guest chefs, winemakers, sommeliers, tequila masters and brewers.
The festival will also feature a two-day golf tournament at the resort’s award-winning El Camaleon Golf Club which will start with a special clinic hosted by master golf instructor, Jim McLean, on the Greg Norman-designed course.
"We look forward to welcoming such a celebrated gathering of chefs, wine and spirit masters to Mayakoba for our first Masters of Food, Wine & Golf," stated Carl Emberson, the Vice President of Operations and Marketing for Mayakoba. "Foodies, oenophiles and golf enthusiasts alike will appreciate the specially-curated events that highlight the culinary and cultural bounty of Mexico but also bring an international flair to the Riviera Maya. It's a unique way for our guests to experience the destination through food and wine, and we hope this is the first of many more events to come."
Festivities include a spa day and ladies luncheon with guest Chef Diane Dimeo at Rosewood Mayakoba, cooking classes with guest chefs at the El Pueblito Cooking School, a Farmer's Market at El Pueblito, a Mexican dinner with world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval, the "Mayakoba Cup" Awards Luncheon prepared by Chefs Abraham Salum, Montse Estruch, Maru Botana, and the Closing Dinner & Party Presented by The Gourmet Awards where guests can meet celebrity chefs at Banyan Tree Mayakoba's Sands Beach Club.
Situated in Riviera Maya in Mexico, the eco-friendly Mayakoba Resort complex is set upon 593 acres of land that is made up of lagoons, mangrove forests, dunes, cenotes, canals, and pristine white sand beaches. Guests are transported to the resort’s crystal-clear turquoise lagoons and the mile-long unspoiled beach on boats via canals that have been built exclusively for the Mayakoba Resort.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Exuding romance and adults-only exclusivity, this luxury retreat will pamper you from head to foot with its indulgent Unlimited Luxury concept.
- Unlimited-Luxury® will give you the celebrity treatment with unlimited premium drinks and gourmet meals
- Relax and rejuvenate at the relax Spa by Pevonia® with a wide range of pampering treatments on offer
- Have the time of your life with exciting parties and endless entertainment
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free Wi-Fi; it's all there and it's all included
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Maya Riviera has been a tourist magnet for many years now; heed the call of this magical destination and enjoy sun...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...