Ras Al Khaimah records increase in hotel occupancy in January
Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority has released new figures showing that hotel occupancy in the emirate increased by 23.7 per cent in January, 2016. Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah reported an average occupancy rate of 62.2 per cent, with the majority of visitors coming from Germany, Russia, the UK, India, and Finland.
Occupancy levels in hotels in Ras Al Khaimah increased the number of rooms sold by 23.7 per cent in January, 2016, according to new figures released by the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
Hotels in the emirate recorded an average occupancy rate of 62.2 per cent during this month, compared to January 2015.
According to a report by Arabian Business, there has been a 10.3 per cent increase in year-on-year hotel room revenue (RevPAR).
“We finished 2015 with some fantastic results and already have a lot to be proud of this year - of course the hard work remains and we're looking forward to continuing to work with our public and private sector partners to deliver even better figures in the following months."
Stated Haitham Mattar, the CEO of the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
The majority of the visitors to RAK originate from Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, India, and Finland. The number of German visitors in January 2016 increased by 167 per cent compared to the same period last year.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates, and it is emerging as one of fastest-growing tourist destinations in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of several new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it’s a hotspot for adventure-lovers and nature enthusiasts due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, winding creeks, azure lagoons, lush golf courses, and 64 kilometres of rugged coastline boasting an array of unspoilt white sandy beaches.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities, including swimming, safari desert tours, traditional Bedouin desert camping, and day trips to the Iceland Water Park.
Tourists can visit historic sites such as forts and abandoned villages, and the emirate boasts an array of gourmet restaurants serving local and international cuisine, as well as luxury spas for pampering escapes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while children have fun at the Kids' Club
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1649 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1749 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...