Viva Wyndham Resorts launches first adults-only resorts in Dominican Republic with paramotor flight
Viva Wyndham Resorts has celebrated the opening of two new hotels in the Dominica Republic, with a paramotor flight, led by Ettore Colussi, the President of the hotel group. Viva Wyndham V Samana and Viva Wyndham V Heavens are the group's first adults-only concept and they cater for singles, couples and groups.
The launch of two new Viva Wyndham Resorts properties in the Dominican Republic was celebrated in a unique way recently.
The president of the hotel group, Ettore Colussi, led a paramotor flight a crew of 10 pilots between the two new resorts, launching the opening of its first adults-only concept in the country.
The flight took off from the Viva Wyndham V Samana Resort and landed at the Viva Wyndham V Heavens, travelling a length of 124 miles along the north coast of the Dominica Republic.
"What better way than a paramotor journey to celebrate these inaugurations. Flying this route for the very first time from V Samana to V Heavens along with these pilots was absolutely amazing."
Commented Mr Colussi, he also explained:
"These resorts offer an elevated twist to the all-inclusive concept. It has been designed with the adult modern traveller in-mind, who wants to live unexpected and exceptional experiences, which is why we wanted to do something exciting for these openings."
Viva Wyndham V Samana is situated in Coson Bay, Las Terrenas. The all-inclusive resort has 144 guest rooms and suites with ocean or tropical garden views, including 48 "Vibe Rooms" that offer private plunge pools and sea views.
The beachfront hotel's reception area features a "living wall" vertical garden, an onsite vegetable and herb garden, a market-style restaurant with a variety of food stations serving diverse cuisine, and a la carte restaurants.
V Samana has a wide range of "active entertainment" experiences with yoga and Pilates classes, cocktail and cookery classes, parties at the beachside bars, and water sports, as well as a tranquil sensory spa.
The Samana Peninsula is a great place to enjoy scuba diving activities with crystal clear warm waters that are thriving with colourful marine species.
Viva Wyndham V Heavens has 190 rooms and is located in the Playa Dorada complex in Puerto Plata. Guests will have access to the golf course, a tennis court, elegant restaurants and bars, and live evening entertainment.
Holidaymakers can enjoy cooking and cocktail-making classes, water sports, fitness classes, yoga and Pilates classes, and pampering treatments in the full-service spa.
Puerto Plata boasts several uncrowded beautiful beaches and a town which is rich in history and culture. The region is a fantastic destination for adventure holidays and eco-tours. Viva Wyndham Resorts operates all-inclusive hotels across the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas and Mexico.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...