Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit receives AAA Five Diamond Award again
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in Mexico has received the prestigious American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award 2016 for excellence in quality and service. The luxury all-inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya near Cancun is the first property in North America to receive the award for a complete decade.
One of Mexico's leading resorts has been awarded the American Automobile Association's (AAA) Five Diamond Award 2016 for its tenth year.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit in the Riviera Maya near Cancun received the accolade for excellence in service and quality, and is the first property in North America to receive this award for ten years.
The award comes after the resort had its most successful year in history, and last year it completed a $20 million refurbishment programme. Tony Perrone, the Manager-Mexico for AAA Travel, explained their reasons behind their selection:
"Over the years Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has set the standard for all of Mexico for quality and consistency in both hotel service and facilities. They are surely a leader in the industry, a distinction achieved because of the total commitment of the ownership, management and staff."
Situated on the northern perimeter of Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta near Cancun, the all-inclusive resort underwent an extensive refurbishment programme to upgrade nearly half of its 267 suites, two of its five dining outlets, and its spa.
The renovated suites measure 1,000 square feet, and offer private terraces with sitting areas, fully stocked minibars; bathrooms with separate tubs and step-in showers, Nespresso coffee makers, goose down comforters and pillows, and some also have dining areas and Jacuzzis.
The spa has been redecorated and now has a eucalyptus-scented steam room and a peppermint ice fountain.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit boasts and array of facilities for all ages, including a new Teen Club with an extensive game room and a Chill Out zone with soft drinks and snacks, and the Koi Sports Bar and Dancing Lounge with resident DJ.
Guests will also have access to a three-tiered infinity pool, championship golf courses, and tennis courts.
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit's sister resort, Grand Velas Riviera Maya, has also been awarded the prestigious Five Diamond Award, and its adults-only property Casa Velas, is the recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award.
"All of us at Velas Resorts take special pride in upholding the elite standards set by AAA. We constantly strive to not only meet, but also surpass those standards. It is this level of service that our guests enjoy and have come to expect from us."
Stated Eduardo Vela, the Founder and President of Velas Resorts. Mr Vela also commented:
"This year promises to be a landmark one for us, beginning with the award and ending with the opening of our fifth Velas Resort in Los Cabos in November."
Cancun is one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations, after the previously uninhabited strip of Caribbean coastline was developed into a tourist resort in 1970. The region, which spans Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya, is now full of upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants, nightclubs, tourist attractions, world-class golf courses and adventure activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...