Ras Al Khaimah sets target of one million visitors by 2018
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority has announced that it is targeting one million visitors by the end of 2018. Tourism officials will be using ITB Berlin this month to connect with the international trade, strengthen existing partnerships, and showcase the lesser-known United Arab Emirate and its tourism offerings.
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA) has set a goal of one million international visitors to the emirate by the end of 2018.
The CEO of the RAK TDA Haitham Mattar, said that they will be using ITB Berlin 2016to strengthen partnerships and connect with new international travel trade companies, while promoting the developments and tourism offerings of Ras Al Khaimah.
The tourism authority will unveil its new brand which included a complete overhaul of its logo and website, and improved state-of-the-art product and marketing strategies. Describing the importance of this strategy Mr Mattar explained:
'Tourism is a key pillar of Ras Al Khaimah's growth and development both as an emirate and as a tourist destination. Strategic partnerships between Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority and both national and international suppliers are a pre-requisite for Ras Al Khaimah."
The new marketing approach will highlight Ras Al Khaimah to a wider audience at the renowned travel trade event, while positioning the lesser-known emirate as a top destination for international and regional travellers.
The "Vision for 2018" campaign aims to bring one million visitors to the emirate by the end of 2018, and Mattar says Ras Al Khaimah is on target to reach their goal.
Year-on-year, the inbound market has steadily climbed, with domestic tourism making up 47.7 per cent of total visitor numbers to Ras Al Khaimah. The United Kingdom and India are the fastest growing international source markets, with visitor numbers increasing by 24.7 per cent and 80 per cent respectively.
Reflecting on the challenges and and importance of this initiative Mr Mattar commented:
'It is inevitable that changes in the market both in the Middle East and across different regions will have an impact on the wider tourism industry but we are in a strong position.
"The emirate benefits from attracting visitors from a wide range of source markets across the globe. As such, we are able to weather any changes in the market and decreases from a particular country or region are most often balanced by increases from other countries."
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates, and it is emerging as one of fastest-growing tourist destinations in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of several new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, winding creeks, azure lagoons, lush golf courses, and 64 kilometres of coastline boasting an array of unspoilt white sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Discover archaeological treasures in the most heritage rich of the UAE, Ras Al Khaimah and stay in the comfort of the city centre Hilton Treetops Hotel.
- Roof top swimming pool and stunning spa
- Enjoy a drink at the tree top bar offering stunning views and listen to the chill-out music from the resident DJ.
- Guests can enjoy free access to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and spa private beach only a short distance from the hotel . Free shuttle transfer is included
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1749 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...