Radisson Blu Hotel, Sohar opens to guests in northern Oman
Radisson has announced the opening of its fifth hotel in Oman, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Sohar. Situated five kilometres from the city's business district and 12 kilometres from the industrial port, the hotel has 179 guest rooms and suites, and a ballroom, a rooftop bar and shisha terrace, a wellness centre, and three restaurants and bars.
Radisson has added a fifth hotel to its collection of properties in Oman in the Middle East.
The Radisson Blu Hotel, Sohar has opened its doors to guests in the northern province of Al-Batinah in Oman, five kilometres from the city's business district and 12 kilometres from the industrial port.
The hotel has 179 guest rooms and suites, and an array of luxury facilities that cater for business and leisure travellers, including a rooftop bar and shisha terrace, a wellness centre, three restaurants and bars, meeting rooms, and a ballroom that will accommodate 700 guests.
"Radisson Blu Hotel, Sohar is is the perfect addition to our portfolio of great destinations for international guests, especially business travellers."
Commented Francois Galoisy, the General Manager of Radisson Blu Hotel Sohar. Mr Galoisy also explained:
"With a stunning location surrounded by pristine beaches, gorgeous views over the city and sea, proximity to the port, extraordinary bars and restaurants, wellness centre, and so much more – we have something to delight every guest in Sohar."
Guests can enjoy all-day dining in the Al Zafaran Restaurant, or savour delicious restaurant Thai and Chinese culinary delights in Amaranthai, before heading up to the Al Khaimah roof top bar with shisha terrace and Aqua Bar.
"Sohar enjoys a unique strategic business location, halfway between the Omani and the UAE capital – and we are proud to showcase our Radisson Blu hospitality here. Sohar is also an ideal stopover for leisure travellers, en-route between Muscat, Dubai and Abu Dhabi."
Stated Mark Willis, the Area Vice President of the Middle East and Turkey for The Rezidor Hotel Group. Radisson is a hotel brand owned by the Europe-based Rezidor hotel group, a member of the international Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. The company operates hundreds of luxury hotels in 80 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Once an important port town and the capital of Oman in ancient times, Sohar is now a maritime town that boasts safe, clean beaches and several historic forts and castles.
Popular attractions include Sohar Castle, the Sohar Fort and Museum, a large souk with fishermen, fruit sellers and tailors, and nearby wadis, warm springs and the Jebel Akhdar (Green Mountains).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Oman Browse all
Discover the delights of Arabia in Muscat, Oman's delightful capital, stay at the Grand Hyatt and enjoy a great value getaway
- Choose a variety of award winning restaurants including a signature Italian restaurant and a Safari Rooftop Grill House
- Nestled on a pristine stretch of beach and boasting amazing Arabian architecture
- The Hotel is nearby to some of Muscat's attractions
Discover ancient Omani Bedouin traditions, stargaze from desert dunes and make a splash in Turtle Beach.
- Ruwi Hotel is located in the heart of Muscat for easy access to the city's attractions
- Experience authentic Omani hospitality at Sur Plaza Hotel
- Enjoy a Camel ride and a Sunset Dune Drive whilst at Desert Nights Camp
Take the adventure of a lifetime and explore the vibrant streets of Bangkok before heading for some fun in the sun on the beachfront in Muscat
- Luxurious spa facilities at both hotels
- Stunning river views from every guestroom in Bangkok
- Award winning dining in Muscat
Visit the many landmarks that make India one of the must visit countries in the world before a relaxing Oman break
- Also included within the tour is a Visit to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary by Bicycle rickshaw, A Bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, An Elephant ride in Jaipur and much more
- Envisage many of the world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing activities to experience including an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- Millennium Resort Mussanah offers a range of local and international a la carte cuisine or buffet options combined with spectacular sea views
Enjoy an all-in-one holiday in the capital of Oman as you expand your horizons to accommodate new sights and sounds and...
Tulip Inn Muscat is a hotel with international standards, but local traditions, it is an ideal choice for both business...
The Millenium Resort Mussanah is a new addition to Oman's top class hotels. Set in landscaped gardens beside the Gulf of...