Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Recommended hotel list adds Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
The leading business and finance magazine Forbes has named the Ritz-Carlton, Cancun as a new Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Recommended hotel. The 363-room hotel is located on 1,200 feet of white sand on the Mayan coastline in Mexico, and boasts upscale amenities and facilities such as a private beach club, an award-winning Culinary Centre, and two AAA Five Diamond Award restaurants.
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun has been named as a new Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Recommended hotel for 2016.
The leading business and finance magazine added the upscale hotel in Cancun Mexico to its Star Rating list that has been highlighting the gold standard in the hospitality industry since 1958.
Ritz-Carlton, Cancun is a 363-room luxury hotel located on 1,200 feet of white sandy beach on the Mayan coastline in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, boasting upscale facilities and high end service.
Guests have access to a private beach club, an interactive Ritz Kids Mayan Adventures programme, the lavish Kayanta spa with products inspired by ancient Maya traditions, the Cliff Drysdale Tennis Centre. and an award winning Culinary Centre that offers interactive cooking classes of all sizes.
The Club Grill and Fantino restaurants - two of the nine dining outlets at the hotel - have received AAA Five Diamond Award status.
"We are thrilled to be amongst the recipients of such an elite and global recognition."
Stated David Cayuela, the General Manager of Ritz-Carlton, Cancun. Mr Cayuela also explained:
"The hotel's continued commitment to extraordinary service speaks to the very foundation of The Ritz-Carlton culture and the authentic spirit of hospitality for which Mexico is known around the world."
Additional facilities include a modern fitness centre with a sauna, steam rooms and yoga studio; two outdoor swimming pools and whirlpool; and exclusive beach cabanas.
"Our Star Ratings recognise the finest hotels, restaurants and spas in the world. These ratings serve as the most authoritative guideposts for guests seeking exceptional travel experiences."
Explained Gerard J. Inzerillo, the Chief Executive Officer of Forbes Travel Guide. He continued:
"Our primary mission is to contribute to excellence in hospitality, serving the global tourism industry as well as the guest. We're proud to be associated with the new additions to our global list."
Situated in the northern part of the south-eastern Mexican state of Quintana Roo, Cancun is Mexico's leading tourist destination.
Tourists can enjoy a range of fun activities such as zip lining through verdant jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the cobalt ocean to explore the region's famous underwater museum and diverse marine species; trekking through lush rainforests that are thriving with wildlife; or visiting the region's ancient Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...