St Lucia to welcome opening of 700 new hotel rooms in 2016
Tourism officials in St Lucia have announced that 700 new hotel rooms will open in 2016, and a new marketing campaign has been made to push for new investment on the Caribbean island. Papillon Hotel reopened this month with 110 rooms, and the Harbor Club and Royalton Saint Lucia will open later this year.
St Lucia will see the addition of 700 new hotel rooms this year, as well as a new marketing campaign that will push for new investment on the island.
Tourism officials in St Lucia have revealed details about new and existing hotels on the Caribbean island that will increase accommodation options for holidaymakers.
Earlier this month, Rex Resorts opened the four-star Papillon Hotel following an extensive refurbishment programme on its facilities and 110 guest rooms.
The property sits adjacent to Rex Resorts' St Lucian and Roya hotels on Reduit Beach near Rodney Bay on the north coast of the island.
The Harbor Club is scheduled to open this year on Rodney Bay Marina. The four-star hotel has 115 guest rooms, and a variety of facilities including a spa, swimming pool, fitness centre, two restaurants, and 4,000 square feet of events ad meeting space.
Dive St Lucia, a premier scuba diving centre, has also opened next to the Harbor Club in Rodney Bay, and will offer modern diving facilities so visitors can explore the island's surrounding underwater world.
Later this year, Royalton Luxury Resorts will open the lavish Royalton Saint Lucia near Cap Estate, with 361 guest rooms and suites, eight dining outlets and six bars, a full-service spa, a splash park, conference facilities, and an exclusive 94-suite, adults-only hotel called Hideaway.
"This overdue hotel boom adds much-needed inventory to meet the demands of our key source markets. Tourism growth is a priority, and Invest Saint Lucia and the newly opened Saint Lucia's Citizenship by Investment Office will continue to seek new investment and development for the island."
Noted Louis Lewis, the Director Tourism for St Lucia. Mr Lewis revealed that the St Lucia Tourist Board will unveil a new marketing campaign later this year, which will feature new branding and photography. He also explained:
"Partnership is key to the continued success of Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the benefit of the overall destination."
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, including white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, rolling emerald hills, the majestic Pitons, and one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Go for an all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save a fantastic 60%!! and book a Deluxe Garden View Splash and Get a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Splash
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...