St Lucia to welcome opening of 700 new hotel rooms in 2016
Tourism officials in St Lucia have announced that 700 new hotel rooms will open in 2016, and a new marketing campaign has been made to push for new investment on the Caribbean island. Papillon Hotel reopened this month with 110 rooms, and the Harbor Club and Royalton Saint Lucia will open later this year.
St Lucia will see the addition of 700 new hotel rooms this year, as well as a new marketing campaign that will push for new investment on the island.
Tourism officials in St Lucia have revealed details about new and existing hotels on the Caribbean island that will increase accommodation options for holidaymakers.
Earlier this month, Rex Resorts opened the four-star Papillon Hotel following an extensive refurbishment programme on its facilities and 110 guest rooms.
The property sits adjacent to Rex Resorts' St Lucian and Roya hotels on Reduit Beach near Rodney Bay on the north coast of the island.
The Harbor Club is scheduled to open this year on Rodney Bay Marina. The four-star hotel has 115 guest rooms, and a variety of facilities including a spa, swimming pool, fitness centre, two restaurants, and 4,000 square feet of events ad meeting space.
Dive St Lucia, a premier scuba diving centre, has also opened next to the Harbor Club in Rodney Bay, and will offer modern diving facilities so visitors can explore the island's surrounding underwater world.
Later this year, Royalton Luxury Resorts will open the lavish Royalton Saint Lucia near Cap Estate, with 361 guest rooms and suites, eight dining outlets and six bars, a full-service spa, a splash park, conference facilities, and an exclusive 94-suite, adults-only hotel called Hideaway.
"This overdue hotel boom adds much-needed inventory to meet the demands of our key source markets. Tourism growth is a priority, and Invest Saint Lucia and the newly opened Saint Lucia's Citizenship by Investment Office will continue to seek new investment and development for the island."
Noted Louis Lewis, the Director Tourism for St Lucia. Mr Lewis revealed that the St Lucia Tourist Board will unveil a new marketing campaign later this year, which will feature new branding and photography. He also explained:
"Partnership is key to the continued success of Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the benefit of the overall destination."
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, including white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, rolling emerald hills, the majestic Pitons, and one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...