St Lucia to welcome opening of 700 new hotel rooms in 2016
Tourism officials in St Lucia have announced that 700 new hotel rooms will open in 2016, and a new marketing campaign has been made to push for new investment on the Caribbean island. Papillon Hotel reopened this month with 110 rooms, and the Harbor Club and Royalton Saint Lucia will open later this year.
St Lucia will see the addition of 700 new hotel rooms this year, as well as a new marketing campaign that will push for new investment on the island.
Tourism officials in St Lucia have revealed details about new and existing hotels on the Caribbean island that will increase accommodation options for holidaymakers.
Earlier this month, Rex Resorts opened the four-star Papillon Hotel following an extensive refurbishment programme on its facilities and 110 guest rooms.
The property sits adjacent to Rex Resorts' St Lucian and Roya hotels on Reduit Beach near Rodney Bay on the north coast of the island.
The Harbor Club is scheduled to open this year on Rodney Bay Marina. The four-star hotel has 115 guest rooms, and a variety of facilities including a spa, swimming pool, fitness centre, two restaurants, and 4,000 square feet of events ad meeting space.
Dive St Lucia, a premier scuba diving centre, has also opened next to the Harbor Club in Rodney Bay, and will offer modern diving facilities so visitors can explore the island's surrounding underwater world.
Later this year, Royalton Luxury Resorts will open the lavish Royalton Saint Lucia near Cap Estate, with 361 guest rooms and suites, eight dining outlets and six bars, a full-service spa, a splash park, conference facilities, and an exclusive 94-suite, adults-only hotel called Hideaway.
"This overdue hotel boom adds much-needed inventory to meet the demands of our key source markets. Tourism growth is a priority, and Invest Saint Lucia and the newly opened Saint Lucia's Citizenship by Investment Office will continue to seek new investment and development for the island."
Noted Louis Lewis, the Director Tourism for St Lucia. Mr Lewis revealed that the St Lucia Tourist Board will unveil a new marketing campaign later this year, which will feature new branding and photography. He also explained:
"Partnership is key to the continued success of Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the benefit of the overall destination."
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, including white sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, rolling emerald hills, the majestic Pitons, and one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...