Oberoi Hotel Group to open new luxury hotel in Maldives
The Oberoi Group has signed a management contract with Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited to open a brand new hotel in the Maldives. The companies have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Maldives to build a new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago.
The Oberoi Group will manage a new hotel in the Maldives, after signing a management contract with the Bengaluru-based real estate developer Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited (SCDCL).
The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Maldives in the presence of Mr. Moosa Zameer, the Minister of Tourism in the Maldives.
"A luxury resort in Maldives requires expertise in design and operations of world class standards. The Oberoi Group, which is rated as the best luxury hotel brand in the world, is well suited for this development."
Explained Mr K.N. Balasubramanyam, the chairman and MD of SCDCL. In a press statement Mr Balasubramanyam also commented:
"We look forward to working with The Oberoi Group to create more of such luxurious offerings globally and would like to say that this extraordinary project will make a major contribution to our long term partnership."
SCDCL has undertaken the investment for the acquisition and development of the new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago. Mr P.R.S. Oberoi, the Executive chairman of The Oberoi Group, explained:
"We are extremely pleased to partner and assist SCDCL in the design and management of the proposed luxury resort. The resort will reflect the legendary Oberoi service delivered by an attentive and caring team, making it the preferred choice for luxury travellers."
The Oberoi Group was founded in 1934 and it operates 30 luxury hotels, a Nile Cruiser and a Motor Vessel in Kerala. The hotel group operates hotels and resorts under the luxury Oberoi and five-star Trident brands in India, Egypt, Mauritius, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and The United Arab Emirates.
The Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which only 200 are inhabited.
Home to stunning natural landscapes and blue skies, holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
The islands offer magnificent scuba diving conditions and during underwater adventures, divers can catch sightings of an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- free room upgrade to the next category
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Transform your senses and discover a new world at the picturesque Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort. The elegantly designed...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....