Oberoi Hotel Group to open new luxury hotel in Maldives
The Oberoi Group has signed a management contract with Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited to open a brand new hotel in the Maldives. The companies have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Maldives to build a new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago.
The Oberoi Group will manage a new hotel in the Maldives, after signing a management contract with the Bengaluru-based real estate developer Subramanya Construction and Development Company Limited (SCDCL).
The two companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government of Maldives in the presence of Mr. Moosa Zameer, the Minister of Tourism in the Maldives.
"A luxury resort in Maldives requires expertise in design and operations of world class standards. The Oberoi Group, which is rated as the best luxury hotel brand in the world, is well suited for this development."
Explained Mr K.N. Balasubramanyam, the chairman and MD of SCDCL. In a press statement Mr Balasubramanyam also commented:
"We look forward to working with The Oberoi Group to create more of such luxurious offerings globally and would like to say that this extraordinary project will make a major contribution to our long term partnership."
SCDCL has undertaken the investment for the acquisition and development of the new luxury resort in the Indian Ocean archipelago. Mr P.R.S. Oberoi, the Executive chairman of The Oberoi Group, explained:
"We are extremely pleased to partner and assist SCDCL in the design and management of the proposed luxury resort. The resort will reflect the legendary Oberoi service delivered by an attentive and caring team, making it the preferred choice for luxury travellers."
The Oberoi Group was founded in 1934 and it operates 30 luxury hotels, a Nile Cruiser and a Motor Vessel in Kerala. The hotel group operates hotels and resorts under the luxury Oberoi and five-star Trident brands in India, Egypt, Mauritius, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and The United Arab Emirates.
The Maldives is an archipelago nation spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which only 200 are inhabited.
Home to stunning natural landscapes and blue skies, holidaymakers can enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
The islands offer magnificent scuba diving conditions and during underwater adventures, divers can catch sightings of an abundance of tropical marine creatures including turtles, stingrays, dolphins, whale sharks, zebra sharks, manta rays, angel fish, clown fish, butterfly fish and parrot fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....