Marc Anthony announced as headliner for 25th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival
Marc Anthony has been announced as the headliner for the 23th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. The Grammy award-winning singer will join Jamaican singer Shaggy, George Benson, Kool and the Gang, as well as many others at the annual festival which takes place on 29th April, 2016 at various location across the Caribbean island.
The headliner of the 25th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival has been announced as Marc Anthony, the Grammy award-winning Latin singer.
Anthony will join a stellar line-up of singers and musicians, including Jamaican singer Shaggy, Kool and the Gang, 10-time Grammy winner George Benson, jazz saxophonist Donald Harrison Jr, and many more.
Taking place from 29th April, 2016 to 8th May, 2016 at various locations across St Lucia, the festival will feature an Arts Village with a series of literary and performing arts events, the "Hot Couture" fashion show, and the play "Omeros," produced by Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London that will pay tribute to Sir Derek Walcott, one of St Lucia's two Nobel Laureates.
The festival is spread all over the island in villages, beaches, parks, on the waterfront at Pointe Seraphine, and on Pigeon Island.
Tourists will be treated to some fantastic music during the 10-day event, which will feature a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, acoustical jazz, French and Latin music and reggae in a selection of venues, from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
Over the last 20 years, the festival has seen shows from Lionel Richie, Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Air Supply, John Legend, Rihanna, Santana, UB40, Kassav, and Pattie LaBelle.
St Lucia is an island nation that is renowned for its natural beauty which is made up of the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island's certainly lives up to its tagline "Simply Beautiful" and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Holidaymakers can visit several attractions and sites, including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 70% up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
Enjoy your stay in Anse Chastanet, the only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- Incredible savings of upto 35% on all room types
- A private Helipad for helicopter arrivals is available to all guests
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres with two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....