Marc Anthony announced as headliner for 25th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival
Marc Anthony has been announced as the headliner for the 23th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. The Grammy award-winning singer will join Jamaican singer Shaggy, George Benson, Kool and the Gang, as well as many others at the annual festival which takes place on 29th April, 2016 at various location across the Caribbean island.
The headliner of the 25th St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival has been announced as Marc Anthony, the Grammy award-winning Latin singer.
Anthony will join a stellar line-up of singers and musicians, including Jamaican singer Shaggy, Kool and the Gang, 10-time Grammy winner George Benson, jazz saxophonist Donald Harrison Jr, and many more.
Taking place from 29th April, 2016 to 8th May, 2016 at various locations across St Lucia, the festival will feature an Arts Village with a series of literary and performing arts events, the "Hot Couture" fashion show, and the play "Omeros," produced by Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London that will pay tribute to Sir Derek Walcott, one of St Lucia's two Nobel Laureates.
The festival is spread all over the island in villages, beaches, parks, on the waterfront at Pointe Seraphine, and on Pigeon Island.
Tourists will be treated to some fantastic music during the 10-day event, which will feature a blend of traditional jazz, fusion, rhythm and blues, acoustical jazz, French and Latin music and reggae in a selection of venues, from open-air park locations and picnic events, to late nightclub performances.
Over the last 20 years, the festival has seen shows from Lionel Richie, Chaka Khan, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Air Supply, John Legend, Rihanna, Santana, UB40, Kassav, and Pattie LaBelle.
St Lucia is an island nation that is renowned for its natural beauty which is made up of the soaring UNESCO designated mountainous peaks – The Pitons, emerald rolling hills, and miles of white sandy beaches where tourists can enjoy several watersports and fun activities.
The 238-square-mile island's certainly lives up to its tagline "Simply Beautiful" and as the recipient of multiple international awards, it is a hotpot for romantic destination weddings, honeymoons, and family holidays.
Holidaymakers can visit several attractions and sites, including one of the only drive-thru volcanoes in the world, the beautiful cascading Diamond Falls, and the famous Anse Chastanet Beach. Visitors can explore the harbour town and capital city, Castries, or hike through Pigeon Island National Park, which features the old British military base, Fort Rodney.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...