New Amari Galle Sri Lanka on track to open in late 2016
The development of the new Amari Galle Sri Lanka hotel is on schedule to open to holidaymakers in late 2016. The 172-room hotel will mark the debut of the Amari brand by the ONYX Hospitality Group in Sri Lanka, and it will join the group's two other OZO-branded hotels in the country.
ONYX Hospitality Group has revealed that its new Amari Galle Sri Lanka hotel is scheduled to open on time later this year.
Currently under construction, the hotel will mark the debut of the hotel group's Amari brand into Sri Lanka, where it will join the company's two OZO-branded hotels, OZO Colombo and OZO Kandy.
Situated in the south west of the island, approximately 90 minutes from Colombo Airport (CMB), Amari Galle Sri Lanka will have 172 guest rooms and suites, all with sea views, as well as an array of luxury facilities including a large multi-tiered swimming pool deck with direct access to the beach, Amari's signature Breeze Spa, two gourmet restaurants, event facilities, and a modern fitness centre.
"We are strategically expanding our presence beyond Thailand across the Asia-Pacific region, and excited to introduce our flagship Amari brand to Sri Lanka."
Stated Peter Henley, the President and CEO of the ONYX Hospitality Group. Mr Henley continued:
"Tourism in this country is thriving, and there is growing interest amongst international travellers to Galle. We are proud to be in partnership with Sino Lanka Hotels and Bob Kundanmal on their third ONYX property."
Amari enhances traditions of Asian hospitality, and all Amari properties showcase the flavours and textures of their local setting.
ONYX Hospitality Group is a Thailand-based hospitality company owned by Sino Lanka Hotels, which operates hotels and resorts under four brands – Saffron, Amari, Shama and OZO. Bob Kundanmal, the owner of Sino Lanka Hotels, explained:
"We are very excited to be launching an established hospitality brand like Amari in Sri Lanka, and that construction is on schedule. This new resort will complement our two other OZO hotels in Colombo and Kandy, in helping meet the projected demand for new hotel rooms in Sri Lanka, contributing to the country's ongoing economic growth."
Galle is a historic town on the coast that is home to the famous Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest standing fortress in Asia that was built by the Europeans.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean that is renowned for its beautiful natural landscapes and diverse ecosystem. Tourists can visit hundreds of sandy beaches and heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts, or hike through wildlife sanctuaries, thriving nature parks, and up majestic mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....