New Amari Galle Sri Lanka on track to open in late 2016
The development of the new Amari Galle Sri Lanka hotel is on schedule to open to holidaymakers in late 2016. The 172-room hotel will mark the debut of the Amari brand by the ONYX Hospitality Group in Sri Lanka, and it will join the group's two other OZO-branded hotels in the country.
ONYX Hospitality Group has revealed that its new Amari Galle Sri Lanka hotel is scheduled to open on time later this year.
Currently under construction, the hotel will mark the debut of the hotel group's Amari brand into Sri Lanka, where it will join the company's two OZO-branded hotels, OZO Colombo and OZO Kandy.
Situated in the south west of the island, approximately 90 minutes from Colombo Airport (CMB), Amari Galle Sri Lanka will have 172 guest rooms and suites, all with sea views, as well as an array of luxury facilities including a large multi-tiered swimming pool deck with direct access to the beach, Amari's signature Breeze Spa, two gourmet restaurants, event facilities, and a modern fitness centre.
"We are strategically expanding our presence beyond Thailand across the Asia-Pacific region, and excited to introduce our flagship Amari brand to Sri Lanka."
Stated Peter Henley, the President and CEO of the ONYX Hospitality Group. Mr Henley continued:
"Tourism in this country is thriving, and there is growing interest amongst international travellers to Galle. We are proud to be in partnership with Sino Lanka Hotels and Bob Kundanmal on their third ONYX property."
Amari enhances traditions of Asian hospitality, and all Amari properties showcase the flavours and textures of their local setting.
ONYX Hospitality Group is a Thailand-based hospitality company owned by Sino Lanka Hotels, which operates hotels and resorts under four brands – Saffron, Amari, Shama and OZO. Bob Kundanmal, the owner of Sino Lanka Hotels, explained:
"We are very excited to be launching an established hospitality brand like Amari in Sri Lanka, and that construction is on schedule. This new resort will complement our two other OZO hotels in Colombo and Kandy, in helping meet the projected demand for new hotel rooms in Sri Lanka, contributing to the country's ongoing economic growth."
Galle is a historic town on the coast that is home to the famous Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest standing fortress in Asia that was built by the Europeans.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean that is renowned for its beautiful natural landscapes and diverse ecosystem. Tourists can visit hundreds of sandy beaches and heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts, or hike through wildlife sanctuaries, thriving nature parks, and up majestic mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...