Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius receives Green Globe certification
Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius has been recertified by Green Globe after it scored 80 per cent in its recent evaluation. The luxury hotel in Mauritius is one of six Constance Hotels and Resorts, and last year it implemented several environmental initiative including tree planting activities, recycling programmes, and the clean-up of abandoned land in Poste de Flacq.
Green Globe certification has once again been awarded to Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius for its outstanding environmental efforts and practices.
The luxury hotel in Mauritius implemented several environmental initiatives last year as part of their Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR).
In June, 2015, members of the Green Team took part in World Environment Day and children from the Etoile de Mer School took part in various activities including a talk about composting, a video about the importance of looking after the environment and tree planting.
Constance Le Prince Maurice helps the children of the school, who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, by regularly contributing to the school and providing children with lunch once a week.
Young children took part in a fun tree planting ceremony at the Kids Club at Constance Le Prince on World Environment Day.
The hotel scored 80 per cent in Green Globe's recent evaluation, following its assistance in cleaning up the abandoned land in Poste de Flacq where Constance Le Prince Maurice is located, so that it can house a community development for residents with a green corner and solar panels.
The luxury retreat also works alongside local suppliers to reduce waste and take part in recycling programmes and waste management initiatives, including the recycling of all PET bottles and batteries from the hotel's IT department.
Designed by architect Jean Marc Eynaud and designer David Edwards, Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius boasts 12 beautiful water and beach villas, 64 Junior Suites, and 12 Family Suites, and is nestled on the beachfront with views stretching across the Indian Ocean.
Upscale facilities include the U Spa by Prince, the Constance Kids Club, an infinity pool, gourmet indoor and outdoor restaurants, and two 18-hole championship golf courses.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification which is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are seen to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Take delight in the bare necessities of life when you stay at this peaceful retreat, created for body and soul rejuvenation.
- Enjoy delicious seafood barefeet in the sand at L'Ocean restaurant
- Admire beautiful sunsets from the deck around the infinity pool
- Treat yourself with a complimentary Hammam at the Spa Attitude
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...