Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius receives Green Globe certification
Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius has been recertified by Green Globe after it scored 80 per cent in its recent evaluation. The luxury hotel in Mauritius is one of six Constance Hotels and Resorts, and last year it implemented several environmental initiative including tree planting activities, recycling programmes, and the clean-up of abandoned land in Poste de Flacq.
Green Globe certification has once again been awarded to Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius for its outstanding environmental efforts and practices.
The luxury hotel in Mauritius implemented several environmental initiatives last year as part of their Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR).
In June, 2015, members of the Green Team took part in World Environment Day and children from the Etoile de Mer School took part in various activities including a talk about composting, a video about the importance of looking after the environment and tree planting.
Constance Le Prince Maurice helps the children of the school, who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, by regularly contributing to the school and providing children with lunch once a week.
Young children took part in a fun tree planting ceremony at the Kids Club at Constance Le Prince on World Environment Day.
The hotel scored 80 per cent in Green Globe's recent evaluation, following its assistance in cleaning up the abandoned land in Poste de Flacq where Constance Le Prince Maurice is located, so that it can house a community development for residents with a green corner and solar panels.
The luxury retreat also works alongside local suppliers to reduce waste and take part in recycling programmes and waste management initiatives, including the recycling of all PET bottles and batteries from the hotel's IT department.
Designed by architect Jean Marc Eynaud and designer David Edwards, Constance Le Prince Maurice Mauritius boasts 12 beautiful water and beach villas, 64 Junior Suites, and 12 Family Suites, and is nestled on the beachfront with views stretching across the Indian Ocean.
Upscale facilities include the U Spa by Prince, the Constance Kids Club, an infinity pool, gourmet indoor and outdoor restaurants, and two 18-hole championship golf courses.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification which is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are seen to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...