UK is top european inbound tourism market in Abu Dhabi
The Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority has revealed that the UK is the top European inbound tourism market and the third largest overall in Abu Dhabi. The city recorded a 14 per cent increase in visitors from the UK in 2015, compared to the year before, and the market continues to grow at a steady rate year on year.
Abu Dhabi's top European inbound tourism market is the UK, according to new data released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi).
Visitor arrivals in Abu Dhabi increased by 14 per cent in 2015, compared to the year before, and an overall increase in visitors of 18 per cent. The number of UK travellers visiting the emirate in 2015 totalled 231,337, with 958,022 guest nights in hotels and hotel apartments.
Last year, a total of 4,105,846 visitors stayed at hotels in Abu Dhabi, resulting in 12,243,096 nights. Hotel occupancy in 2015 averaged at 75.4 per cent.
"It's great to see the UK market continuing to grow at such a fast rate. We've achieved double-digit growth every year since 2012."
Explained Nabeel Al Zarouni, the UK and Ireland country manager at TCA Abu Dhabi. He continued:
"And with cruise ships homeporting in the new cruise terminal encouraging pre- and post-cruise stays, landmark hotels from Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt and Fairmont all opening this year, plus the hotly anticipated unveiling of the Louvre Abu Dhabi, we're expecting similar growth levels in 2016."
The UK was the third overall inbound tourism market, and the United Arab Emirates topped the list. The top 10 inbound markets for Abu Dhabi in 2015 were: UAE, India, UK, China, USA, Philippines, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East, and it has become a popular holiday destination for travellers due to its luxury hotels, annual events and all-year-round sunshine.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, vast sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
The TDIC is currently building branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums and the Zayed National Museum, as part of a cultural district in Abu Dhabi that is under development.
The Guggenheim and Louvre museums will be built on the natural Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi. Located 500m of the coast of the mainland, Saadiyat Island is a world class leisure, residential, business and tourism hub.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Enjoy a special break in Abu Dhabi, that comes complete with great shopping, a fabulous beach and spa club, and all at an affordable price.
- Choose from 15 award-winning restaurants and bars including a famous Jazz Bar
- One of the longest stretches of private beach in Abu Dhabi
- Facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts and a selection of watersports
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Unwind and remove all the stresses of modern life with this amazing twin destination offer
- Enjoy a wide range of flavours and exoctic meal with the onsite restaurants
- Loose yourself in the Sheraton Spa and benefit from a plethora of treatments
- Visit the iconic and famous Taj Mahal
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Come and experience the dreamlike beauty of the stunning Radisson Blu on the coast of the famous Yas Island. With the...