UK is top european inbound tourism market in Abu Dhabi
The Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority has revealed that the UK is the top European inbound tourism market and the third largest overall in Abu Dhabi. The city recorded a 14 per cent increase in visitors from the UK in 2015, compared to the year before, and the market continues to grow at a steady rate year on year.
Abu Dhabi's top European inbound tourism market is the UK, according to new data released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi).
Visitor arrivals in Abu Dhabi increased by 14 per cent in 2015, compared to the year before, and an overall increase in visitors of 18 per cent. The number of UK travellers visiting the emirate in 2015 totalled 231,337, with 958,022 guest nights in hotels and hotel apartments.
Last year, a total of 4,105,846 visitors stayed at hotels in Abu Dhabi, resulting in 12,243,096 nights. Hotel occupancy in 2015 averaged at 75.4 per cent.
"It's great to see the UK market continuing to grow at such a fast rate. We've achieved double-digit growth every year since 2012."
Explained Nabeel Al Zarouni, the UK and Ireland country manager at TCA Abu Dhabi. He continued:
"And with cruise ships homeporting in the new cruise terminal encouraging pre- and post-cruise stays, landmark hotels from Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt and Fairmont all opening this year, plus the hotly anticipated unveiling of the Louvre Abu Dhabi, we're expecting similar growth levels in 2016."
The UK was the third overall inbound tourism market, and the United Arab Emirates topped the list. The top 10 inbound markets for Abu Dhabi in 2015 were: UAE, India, UK, China, USA, Philippines, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates in the Middle East, and it has become a popular holiday destination for travellers due to its luxury hotels, annual events and all-year-round sunshine.
Holidaymakers can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, vast sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
The TDIC is currently building branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums and the Zayed National Museum, as part of a cultural district in Abu Dhabi that is under development.
The Guggenheim and Louvre museums will be built on the natural Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi. Located 500m of the coast of the mainland, Saadiyat Island is a world class leisure, residential, business and tourism hub.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Relax and rejeuvanate at the santuary of ESPA offering inspirational treatments, watch a high-speed race or simply relax on the beach of this unique hotel
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Take advantage and go on a walk on the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit
- Boasts easy access to Yas Beach and incredible sunset views from the Two Roof-Top Swimming Pools
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- unique shuttle boat to the famous souqs
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
The Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche is a stunning new property ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Enjoy beautiful...
Located at an altitude of 915 metres on Hafeet Mountain, this unique mountain oasis resort will make guests feel on top...