Burj Al Arab to get brand new "North Deck" leisure facility
Plans have been revealed to create a brand new 'North Deck' at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai that will open in the second quarter of 2016. The iconic hotel's new leisure concept will span 10,000-square-metres overlooking the Persian Gulf, and will feature two swimming pools, a new restaurant, 400 sun loungers, and a new bar.
The Burj Al Arab in Dubai is about to get its very own "North Deck", as expansion plans are on the cards for the upscale hotel.
The world's only seven-star hotel has unveiled plans for its newest leisure concept: The "Burj North Deck", spanning 10,000-square-metre for 100 metres along the Persian Gulf in Dubai.
The facility will feature two curved swimming pools, 400 sun loungers, a new restaurant, a stylish new bar, and 32 beach cabanas, and is expected to open in the second quarter of 2016.
"As a hotel we are dedicated to surpassing guest expectations by providing the ultimate Arabian hospitality experience and we have no doubt that North Deck will do just that."
Said Anthony McHale, the General Manager of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Mr McHale also explained:
"We are hugely excited about its arrival - North Deck is a true reflection of Dubai's own ambition to provide the most outstanding experience for guests visiting and living in Dubai."
Keeping in line with the hotel's extravagance, the private deck is being shipped into the United Arab Emirates from Finland where it is being built by the marine construction experts ADMARES. It is expected to reach Dubai by the middle of February, where a lifting crane will lift the six sections of the deck and lower them onto steel piles on the seabed of the Gulf.
Once completed, the new deck will stretch out into the Arabian Gulf, naturally extending the iconic hotel's dhow ship form.
"Dubai is renowned for providing exceptional experiences. This is the first time a structure of this nature and size has been built in one country and then transported to another country to be assembled and operated."
Added Robert Swade, the Chief Operating Officer of the Jumeirah Group, Mr Swade continued:
"We are really pushing the boundaries of innovation and demonstrating how committed we are to positioning Dubai as the most exciting destination in the world and Burj Al Arab Jumeirah as the finest provider of luxury experiences."
The award-winning Burj Al Arab is located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, Its iconic structure resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow, and the building soars 321 metres into the sky where it can be seen for miles.
Renowned for its ultra-luxurious accommodation with butlers, and upscale facilities, the hotel's unique features include three aquariums, a helipad, underwater restaurants, the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that boasts breathtaking views of the ocean and city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...