Sanken to develop two more hotels in Maldives
The Sri Lankan construction company Sanken has announced it will develop another two hotels in the Maldives. The group has already constructed a resort on the island of Havodda, and it has recently leased a second island in the archipelago to build a second tourist resort, and it plans to open a business hotel in the capital Male.
The construction firm Sanken will be adding another two Maldives hotels to their portfolio.
The Sri Lankan company has developed a resort in the Maldives on the island of Havodda, and it plans to open a tourist resort on another island and a business hotel in the capital Male.
Both of the islands acquired by Sanken have been leased directly from the Maldives government for 50 years.
Speaking about the second island resort, BB Kalupana, the Overseas Chief Executive Officer of Sanken, said:
"This too would be 100-plus key property. We hope to market each room for around US$600. We will start construction in February and it would be another US$50 million investment."
Kalupana added that the construction company has already acquired land in Male to develop a new business hotel with 88 guest rooms.
Sanken's existing island resort in the Maldives is scheduled to open in February, 2016, and it will be managed by Thailand ONYX under its luxury Amari brand.
Amari Havodda is situated in the preserved Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, and offers uninterrupted views of the sparkling Indian Ocean. Designed by French designer Isabelle Miaja, the luxury resort offers a tranquil retreat for holidaymakers with 120 overwater and beach villas.
Facilities include swimming pools, the Thari Bar, and the Amari brand's signature restaurant, Amaya Food Gallery, where diners can see the international and Asian dishes being created in the open kitchens.
Water enthusiasts will love the Water Sports Centre or the Dive Centre where they can enjoy kayaking, or scuba diving and snorkelling in the island's thriving house reef.
The Thai-based ONYX Hospitality Group is owned by Crystal Plaza Resorts, and the hotel company operates 51 properties across the Asia Pacific.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. Holidaymakers can go snorkelling or scuba diving, take boat trips to other islands, go hiking through tropical forests, and relax on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and cobalt ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...