Ras Al Khaimah aiming for 820,000 visitors in 2016
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority is looking to attract 820,000 visitors in 2016, with an aim to reach one million visitors by 2018. The Middle Eastern emirate received 650,000 hotel guests in the first ten months of 2015, and this year's figures are said to be higher after worldwide tourism campaign efforts.
Ras Al Khaimah's Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA) has announced that it is aiming to attract 820,000 travellers in 2016.
According to RAK TDA chief executive officer Haitham Mattar, the tourism authority is targeting 900,000 visitors in 2017, and one million by 2018.
In 2015, Ras Al Khaimah attracted approximately 650,000 guests to its hotels and hotel apartments in the first nine to ten months; an eight per cent increase on the same period the year before.
"The plan for us to reach one million visitors by 2018 is laid out through a strategic road map, which will predominantly have us focus on diversification of accommodation but also the tourism offering itself - both business and leisure travel."
Stated Mr Mattar. In the third quarter of 2015, Ras Al Khaimah received 200,000 visitors, a 14 per cent increase on the same quarter in 2014.
Approximately 3,600 new hotel rooms are being added to the market in Ras Al Khaimah between now and 2019, with a mix of options in four- and five-star hotels, and serviced apartments.
Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority has been working hard on global campaigns to promote the lesser-known emirate as a holiday destination. The tourism authority has been working with the tourism organisations in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, to create tour packages for stopovers in the emirate, with Britain, Russia and Germany among the leading tourist source markets.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates and it is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of several new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, winding creeks, azure lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline boasting an array of unspoilt white sandy beaches.
With two championship golf courses, and a wide range of outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing, desert tours by safari, traditional Bedouin desert camping, and the Iceland Water Park, there is plenty for all ages to do and see.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...