Royalton Riviera Cancun receives Gold Award for sustainability
Royalton Riviera Cancun has been awarded the Gold Award for Sustainability from Travelife. The luxury hotel in Mexico was recognised for its strong commitment to sustainable operations, The property opened in December last year and runs several programmes including sea turtle conservation, waste management, and hosting art fairs where guests can purchase handmade souvenirs crafted by locals.
Royalton Riviera Cancun received the Gold Award for Sustainability by Travelife last month. The luxury resort in Cancun, Mexico was recognised for its sustainable practices and commitment to managing its impact environmentally, socially, and economically.
Royalton Riviera Cancun opened in December, 2014, and in that year the management team and staff have incorporated sustainable programmes such as sea turtle conservation and responsible waste management.
Francisco Jorge, General Manager of Royalton Riviera Cancun, explained:
"This acknowledgement from Travelife helps us show our guests just how well we are able to operate in a sensible manner. From the local environment to fair business practices, Royalton Riviera Cancun strives to lead by example."
The sea turtle programme ran from May to November this year and involved the protection of 50 turtle nests, with 99.5 percent of the hatchlings reaching the ocean safely.
Three tons of waste was kept away from local landfills, thanks to the resort's waste management programme that involved the compost of organic food waste, recycling, and effective labelling.
The resort hosted art and craft markets that showcased the handmade gifts made by the local community and were available to purchase by guests.
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN). The property has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants and 16 bars; the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables; and the Diamond Club with private butler service, an exclusive beach area with dedicated bar and waiter service, and private Diamond Club® Lounge access.
Royalton Luxury Resorts operates an array of luxury properties in across Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...