Royalton Riviera Cancun receives Gold Award for sustainability
Royalton Riviera Cancun has been awarded the Gold Award for Sustainability from Travelife. The luxury hotel in Mexico was recognised for its strong commitment to sustainable operations, The property opened in December last year and runs several programmes including sea turtle conservation, waste management, and hosting art fairs where guests can purchase handmade souvenirs crafted by locals.
Royalton Riviera Cancun received the Gold Award for Sustainability by Travelife last month. The luxury resort in Cancun, Mexico was recognised for its sustainable practices and commitment to managing its impact environmentally, socially, and economically.
Royalton Riviera Cancun opened in December, 2014, and in that year the management team and staff have incorporated sustainable programmes such as sea turtle conservation and responsible waste management.
Francisco Jorge, General Manager of Royalton Riviera Cancun, explained:
"This acknowledgement from Travelife helps us show our guests just how well we are able to operate in a sensible manner. From the local environment to fair business practices, Royalton Riviera Cancun strives to lead by example."
The sea turtle programme ran from May to November this year and involved the protection of 50 turtle nests, with 99.5 percent of the hatchlings reaching the ocean safely.
Three tons of waste was kept away from local landfills, thanks to the resort's waste management programme that involved the compost of organic food waste, recycling, and effective labelling.
The resort hosted art and craft markets that showcased the handmade gifts made by the local community and were available to purchase by guests.
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport (CUN). The property has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants and 16 bars; the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables; and the Diamond Club with private butler service, an exclusive beach area with dedicated bar and waiter service, and private Diamond Club® Lounge access.
Royalton Luxury Resorts operates an array of luxury properties in across Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...