Movenpick Hotels and Resorts to operate first integrated resort in Vietnam
The first integrated resort in Vietnam will be operated by the Swiss hospitality group Movenpick Hotels and Resorts. Movenpick Resort Phu Quoc will be located on 51.62 hectares of beachfront on an island and will have 250 hotel rooms, 100 residences, 50 luxury pool villas, and an array of upscale facilities including a retail village, a spa, a waterpark, an amphitheatre and a 1,000-square-metre convention centre.
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will operate the brand new integrated resort that will open in Vietnam.
Ina joint venture with Ngoi Sao Cua Duong Joint Stock Company, the Swiss hospitality company will manage the Movenpick Resort Phu Quoc which will be developed on 51.62 hectares of land on Ong Lang Beach on Phu Quoc Island in Vietnam.
The luxury resort will have 250 guest rooms in a hotel, 100 residences, and 50 luxury pool villas, as well as a variety of upscale facilities.
When it opens in 2017, guests will be able to enjoy amenities and services including a 1000-square-metre convention centre, a spa, a water park, lagoon pools, an amphitheatre, a beach club, a retail village, a cooking school, a kids club, a fitness centre, and an adventure and teambuilding activity course. The development will also have a hotel school with staff accommodation.
"Being selected to manage the first integrated destination resort in Vietnam on a stunning island earmarked for ambitious tourism developments confirms our status as one of Asia's leading hotel operators."
Stated Jean Gabriel Peres, the President and CEO of Movenpick Hotels and Resorts. Mr Peres continued:
"This exciting project will take our Vietnam portfolio to three properties strong by 2018 and paves the way for Movenpick Hotels and Resorts to manage similar large-scale destination resort developments across Asia where our strategy is to gain a strong foothold in sought-after locations."
Phu Quoc Island is set to rival other islands in the region as a tourism hub as more than US$6.8 billion worth of projects are being invested to transform it into one of the leading destinations in South East Asia.
Movenpick Resort Phu Quoc will be located close to the town of Duong Dong and Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC), where travellers will have connections to Rachgia, Ho Chi Minh City, Siem Reap, Hanoi, and Singapore.
"We have partnered with Movenpick Hotels and Resorts to manage this landmark development based on the firm's excellent reputation, hospitality know-how and proven track record in Asia's rapidly expanding hotel market."
Concluded Ms. Le Thi Hai Chau, the Chairman and CEO of Ngoi Sao Cua Duong Joint Stock Company.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Discover the surprising blend of heritage and culture the cosmopolitan city of Nha Trang has to offer
A matter of minutes from the city centre as well as walking distance from the beach, and surrounded by lush hills and traditional Vietnamese farming villages, this holiday offers a taste of everything Vietnam has to offer
- Cool off in the stunning outdoor pool, located on the 4th floor, giving a sense of privacy above the buzzing city
- Feel on top of the world at the hotels impressive rooftop bar with incredible views out across the bay and city skyline
- A popular form of entertainment in Vietnam, the hotel includes a 7 karaoke rooms for hours of entertainment
Theme park Excitement for the whole family at vinpearl phu quoc resort and golf
- With over 2000 rare animals representing more than 130 species, Vinpearl Safari is the largest open-range Safari park in Veitnam
- Take advantage of the local tourist markets, where you can test your bartering skills
- Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc, an amazing theme park designed to entertain the whole family
A fantastic value trip, exploring Vietnam's most iconic cities and natural wonders with added downtime to relax on the beach
- Local English-speaking guides in each destination and entrance fees to all the sights mentioned in the itinerary
- Day cruise on Halong Bay with lunch included
- Extend your holiday with a break in Cambodia or on the beaches of Phu Quoc
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...