Elated winner of The Holiday Place and EE competition is revealed
Last autumn The Holiday Place teamed up with EE to launch a very special competition in which participants could win a full seven-night holiday to Cuba for two people, including flights. The final winner was recently picked out and we're happy to announce his name now as well as thank everyone who entered the prize draw. Remember, there are no real losers as we offered everyone who entered £50 off their next holiday with us!
Last September EE and The Holiday Place worked together to launch a fun competition (with an extremely attractive first prize) that rewarded not only a main winner but absolutely everyone else who entered.
For one lucky winner the big prize up for grabs was a luxurious one-week holiday to Cuba for two, staying at the five-star all-inclusive Melia Las Dunas hotel perfectly poised in the idyllic offshore key of Cayo Santa Maria. The holiday up for grabs also included return flights from London.
After the draw was officiated we are now happy to reveal the winner as Richard Coles, who after bagging the dream holiday of a lifetime said on behalf of himself and the lucky partner that would be accompanying him on his trip:
"We are both looking forward to the holiday and using it as our honeymoon. From both of us we would like to thank The Holiday Place for the holiday and how helpful everyone has been."
In order to participate in the prize draw, which ran between September and October, all participants had to do was answer one simple question (the answer to which could be found in EE’s weekly newsletter) regarding the discount amount on an offer for accessories they had featured. All right answers were automatically entered into the prize draw but even for those that didn’t get it right, The Holiday Place wanted to reward each single participant for their enthusiasm in entering the competition with a runner-up prize.
So, all those who registered in the competition were automatically rewarded with a £50 discount off their next holiday with The Holiday Place, redeemable online or on the phone via a special code. Because it’s much nicer to make everyone a winner and just for showing interest in the amazing holidays we offer you’re a winner in our eyes, here is to spending that £50 with us in the near future!
Finally, we just want to warmly congratulate Richard Coles again on his very special win and thank him as well as everyone who participated in the competition (yes, over 50,000 of you who entered!). We look forward to providing you with the holiday you deserve!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...