Elated winner of The Holiday Place and EE competition is revealed
Last autumn The Holiday Place teamed up with EE to launch a very special competition in which participants could win a full seven-night holiday to Cuba for two people, including flights. The final winner was recently picked out and we're happy to announce his name now as well as thank everyone who entered the prize draw. Remember, there are no real losers as we offered everyone who entered £50 off their next holiday with us!
Last September EE and The Holiday Place worked together to launch a fun competition (with an extremely attractive first prize) that rewarded not only a main winner but absolutely everyone else who entered.
For one lucky winner the big prize up for grabs was a luxurious one-week holiday to Cuba for two, staying at the five-star all-inclusive Melia Las Dunas hotel perfectly poised in the idyllic offshore key of Cayo Santa Maria. The holiday up for grabs also included return flights from London.
After the draw was officiated we are now happy to reveal the winner as Richard Coles, who after bagging the dream holiday of a lifetime said on behalf of himself and the lucky partner that would be accompanying him on his trip:
"We are both looking forward to the holiday and using it as our honeymoon. From both of us we would like to thank The Holiday Place for the holiday and how helpful everyone has been."
In order to participate in the prize draw, which ran between September and October, all participants had to do was answer one simple question (the answer to which could be found in EE’s weekly newsletter) regarding the discount amount on an offer for accessories they had featured. All right answers were automatically entered into the prize draw but even for those that didn’t get it right, The Holiday Place wanted to reward each single participant for their enthusiasm in entering the competition with a runner-up prize.
So, all those who registered in the competition were automatically rewarded with a £50 discount off their next holiday with The Holiday Place, redeemable online or on the phone via a special code. Because it’s much nicer to make everyone a winner and just for showing interest in the amazing holidays we offer you’re a winner in our eyes, here is to spending that £50 with us in the near future!
Finally, we just want to warmly congratulate Richard Coles again on his very special win and thank him as well as everyone who participated in the competition (yes, over 50,000 of you who entered!). We look forward to providing you with the holiday you deserve!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...