Goa a hotspot for 2015 New Year's Eve celebrations
Goa has been listed among one of the top destinations to ring in the New Year. According to Skyscanner, there has been a 91 per cent increase in domestic online searches for travel between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, with the majority of international travellers originating from the United Kingdom and Russia.
Goa has emerged as one of the top destinations for New Year's Eve celebrations, according to travel search engine Skyscanner.
Skyscanner has recorded a 91 per cent increase in domestic searches and 63 per cent increase in international searches to Goa for the period between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, compared to searches for the previous week.
The majority of international travellers looking to ring in the New Year in Goa originate from the United Kingdom and Russia.
"Of late, experimental travelling is becoming a common phenomenon amongst Indians. Increasingly travellers are combining their itineraries with events surrounding the arts, music, food, sports and entertainment."
Explained Ravish Doctor, Skyscanner's Marketing Manager for India. Mr Doctor also commented:
"A surge in travel searches to Goa during the last week of December is indicative of this trend since a slew of big international music festivals, including Sunburn Goa 2015, is taking place during the same time period.
"As Sunburn's official travel partner this year, we are confident in equipping travellers with smart tools that will assist them in searching for the best flight options, saving them both time and money."
Situated in West India, Go is a coastal state that boasts magnificent palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise sea, and tropical spice plantations.
The coastline is dotted with picturesque fishing villages and the region has become a popular tourist destination over the past few decades.
Once a Portuguese colony for nearly 500 years, Goa is home to the crumbling ruins of what was once opulent architecture, including 16th-century churches and historic cathedrals.
The best time of year to visit Goa is between November and February where the weather is sunny, dry and warm.
Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Dudh Sagar Waterfall, Anjuna Beach, the Shree Manguesh temple, Dudhsagar Plantation, and the Goa Science Centre and Naval Aviation Museum in the capital Panaji.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...