Goa a hotspot for 2015 New Year's Eve celebrations
Goa has been listed among one of the top destinations to ring in the New Year. According to Skyscanner, there has been a 91 per cent increase in domestic online searches for travel between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, with the majority of international travellers originating from the United Kingdom and Russia.
Goa has emerged as one of the top destinations for New Year's Eve celebrations, according to travel search engine Skyscanner.
Skyscanner has recorded a 91 per cent increase in domestic searches and 63 per cent increase in international searches to Goa for the period between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, compared to searches for the previous week.
The majority of international travellers looking to ring in the New Year in Goa originate from the United Kingdom and Russia.
"Of late, experimental travelling is becoming a common phenomenon amongst Indians. Increasingly travellers are combining their itineraries with events surrounding the arts, music, food, sports and entertainment."
Explained Ravish Doctor, Skyscanner's Marketing Manager for India. Mr Doctor also commented:
"A surge in travel searches to Goa during the last week of December is indicative of this trend since a slew of big international music festivals, including Sunburn Goa 2015, is taking place during the same time period.
"As Sunburn's official travel partner this year, we are confident in equipping travellers with smart tools that will assist them in searching for the best flight options, saving them both time and money."
Situated in West India, Go is a coastal state that boasts magnificent palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise sea, and tropical spice plantations.
The coastline is dotted with picturesque fishing villages and the region has become a popular tourist destination over the past few decades.
Once a Portuguese colony for nearly 500 years, Goa is home to the crumbling ruins of what was once opulent architecture, including 16th-century churches and historic cathedrals.
The best time of year to visit Goa is between November and February where the weather is sunny, dry and warm.
Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Dudh Sagar Waterfall, Anjuna Beach, the Shree Manguesh temple, Dudhsagar Plantation, and the Goa Science Centre and Naval Aviation Museum in the capital Panaji.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available for sightseeing throughout your once in a life-time trip
- Add on private tours from an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Spend your days exploring some of the country's most iconic landmarks and spectacular sights on this tour of a lifetime
- Visit the famous Heritage Village of Pragpur, Home to the famous Kangra School of Paintings
- Travel into the famous Himalayas and you will witness the region's rich heritage, breathtaking views and culture
- During the tour, you will visit some of India's most famous monuments including the Golden Temple, India Gate, Qutub Minar and much more
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...