Goa a hotspot for 2015 New Year's Eve celebrations
Goa has been listed among one of the top destinations to ring in the New Year. According to Skyscanner, there has been a 91 per cent increase in domestic online searches for travel between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, with the majority of international travellers originating from the United Kingdom and Russia.
Goa has emerged as one of the top destinations for New Year's Eve celebrations, according to travel search engine Skyscanner.
Skyscanner has recorded a 91 per cent increase in domestic searches and 63 per cent increase in international searches to Goa for the period between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, compared to searches for the previous week.
The majority of international travellers looking to ring in the New Year in Goa originate from the United Kingdom and Russia.
"Of late, experimental travelling is becoming a common phenomenon amongst Indians. Increasingly travellers are combining their itineraries with events surrounding the arts, music, food, sports and entertainment."
Explained Ravish Doctor, Skyscanner's Marketing Manager for India. Mr Doctor also commented:
"A surge in travel searches to Goa during the last week of December is indicative of this trend since a slew of big international music festivals, including Sunburn Goa 2015, is taking place during the same time period.
"As Sunburn's official travel partner this year, we are confident in equipping travellers with smart tools that will assist them in searching for the best flight options, saving them both time and money."
Situated in West India, Go is a coastal state that boasts magnificent palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise sea, and tropical spice plantations.
The coastline is dotted with picturesque fishing villages and the region has become a popular tourist destination over the past few decades.
Once a Portuguese colony for nearly 500 years, Goa is home to the crumbling ruins of what was once opulent architecture, including 16th-century churches and historic cathedrals.
The best time of year to visit Goa is between November and February where the weather is sunny, dry and warm.
Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Dudh Sagar Waterfall, Anjuna Beach, the Shree Manguesh temple, Dudhsagar Plantation, and the Goa Science Centre and Naval Aviation Museum in the capital Panaji.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...