Goa a hotspot for 2015 New Year's Eve celebrations
Goa has been listed among one of the top destinations to ring in the New Year. According to Skyscanner, there has been a 91 per cent increase in domestic online searches for travel between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, with the majority of international travellers originating from the United Kingdom and Russia.
Goa has emerged as one of the top destinations for New Year's Eve celebrations, according to travel search engine Skyscanner.
Skyscanner has recorded a 91 per cent increase in domestic searches and 63 per cent increase in international searches to Goa for the period between 26th December, 2015 and 3rd January, 2016, compared to searches for the previous week.
The majority of international travellers looking to ring in the New Year in Goa originate from the United Kingdom and Russia.
"Of late, experimental travelling is becoming a common phenomenon amongst Indians. Increasingly travellers are combining their itineraries with events surrounding the arts, music, food, sports and entertainment."
Explained Ravish Doctor, Skyscanner's Marketing Manager for India. Mr Doctor also commented:
"A surge in travel searches to Goa during the last week of December is indicative of this trend since a slew of big international music festivals, including Sunburn Goa 2015, is taking place during the same time period.
"As Sunburn's official travel partner this year, we are confident in equipping travellers with smart tools that will assist them in searching for the best flight options, saving them both time and money."
Situated in West India, Go is a coastal state that boasts magnificent palm-fringed white sand beaches, turquoise sea, and tropical spice plantations.
The coastline is dotted with picturesque fishing villages and the region has become a popular tourist destination over the past few decades.
Once a Portuguese colony for nearly 500 years, Goa is home to the crumbling ruins of what was once opulent architecture, including 16th-century churches and historic cathedrals.
The best time of year to visit Goa is between November and February where the weather is sunny, dry and warm.
Holidaymakers can visit popular attractions including the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Dudh Sagar Waterfall, Anjuna Beach, the Shree Manguesh temple, Dudhsagar Plantation, and the Goa Science Centre and Naval Aviation Museum in the capital Panaji.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy a once in a lifetime Golden Triangle and Beyond India tour visiting various famous monuments along the way
Let India's incredible wonders fascinate and excite you on this wonderful India Tour where you can view many of the country's spectacular sights
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a guided village walk through the local farms and trails where you can interact and learn about the cattle's, crops & lives of the villagers
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...