H10 Hotels to open two new hotels in Jamaica under its Ocean brand
The Spanish hotel chain H10 Hotels will be investing $200 million into new properties in the Caribbean. The group operates hotels and resort in the Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic under the Ocean by H10 Hotels brand, and it has announced plans to open two new hotels in Trelawney on the north coast in Jamaica.
H10 Hotels has announced that will be expanding its portfolio in the Caribbean with an investment of $200 million.
The Spanish-based hotel group operates properties in the region in a joint venture with Transat A T Inc. under the Ocean by H10 brand, and it is planning to open two new hotels in Jamaica.
The Ocean brand has hotels in Cuba, Mexico and the Dominican Republic, and it is planning to open two new hotels in Trelawney on the north coast of Jamaica.
H10 investor and Spanish businessman Carlos Moleon said that:
"[He] believes that the Jamaican Government has done a great job with the reforms towards foreign investments and that is why H10 has decided to heavily invest in Jamaica."
Mr Moleon also added:
"With our alignment and joint venture with Transat A T, we have guaranteed through the tour operator the hotel will be full, obviously any new product that comes from a new brand will bring new products and services. We believe a new brand in the island is always good because it spreads the tourists in the different areas and from the different markets."
Construction of the two new hotels is expected to begin in 2016, and the first property – an all-inclusive family-friendly hotel with 485 guest rooms - is due to open in 2018. The second - an adults-only hotel with 375 rooms - will open shortly after.
Jamaica is an island nation situated in the Caribbean Sea, home to miles of pristine white sand beaches that are fringed with turquoise warm ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush rolling emerald green hills.
The island is home to a myriad of magnificent natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Holidaymakers can enjoy pristine beaches, luxury beachfront hotels and resorts, sparkling azure lagoons, bustling craft markets, boutique shops, and an array of historic sites and attractions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy a blissful escape to this amazing five star hotel offering endless privileges steps from the Caribbean Sea
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Stay at the unique beach front Zoetry Montego Bay with Endless Privileges
- If you wish to get out and about from the resort then there is a complimentary shuttle to the Rose Hall shopping Arcade
- All Suites include dedicated butler service. This personalized service is at no extra cost
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...