Playa Hotels and Resorts announces opening of Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Playa Hotels & Resorts has announced the opening of its newest hotel in Cancun, Mexico. Hyatt Ziva Cancun is located in Punta Cancun surrounded by the ocean on three sides, and it has 547 lavish suites and upscale facilities including exquisite restaurants, a spa, amphitheatre, lagoon pools, a fitness centre, and a kids' club.
Following an $85 million expansion programme, Hyatt Ziva Cancun has opened its doors to guests.
Situated in Punta Cancun in Mexico and surrounded by the Caribbean Sea on three sides, the luxury resort offers 547 upscale suites and an array of facilities.
Owned by Playa Hotels & Resorts, the all-inclusive resort was originally designed by the Mexican architect, Ricardo Legoretta, and while it maintains its pyramid-style architecture, the property has been expanded and redesigned to reflect the culture of the Yucatan.
Playa Resorts Management’s Chief Executive Officer Alex Stadlin said of the new opening:
“Hyatt Ziva Cancun is the future of sophisticated all inclusive travel. We were determined to rethink the all inclusive experience and design a resort that is not only physically beautiful, but is the ultimate backdrop for each guest to craft their own personal story during the visit.”
At the newly opened property guests can access both the northern and southern beaches as well as the resort’s facilities and village-style accommodation via a bridge.
Accommodation offers beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea and the hotel’s tropical gardens, and suites have been decorated with colourful furnishings. Modern services include touch lighting, minibars, in-room dining. Higher level suite categories have swim-up access from lagoon pools and private butler service.
The resort’s facilities include lagoon-style swimming pools with swim-up bars that look out over the sparkling sea, an adult-only swimming pool, a lavish spa and wellness centre, a 24-hour fitness centre, a lounge with pool tables and board games, the Kidz Club, and six restaurants and six bars and lounges, ranging from French and Italian dining outlets, to sports and cocktail bars and a coffee house.
As well as catering for leisure travellers, Hyatt Ziva Cancun offers state-of-the-art meeting and convention space for business travellers. The hotel has more than 11,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event areas, including a ballroom.
Cancun is a strip of Caribbean coastline on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico that was developed into a tourist resort after many financial institutions including the Bank of Mexico invested in the project in the 1970s.
What was once an uninhabited area full of unexplored beaches and mangroves in 1970, has since become a thriving destination for sun-seekers, spring breakers, and nature-lovers.
The region’s popular "Zona Hotelera" (hotel zone) is home to 26 kilometres of pristine white sand beaches that are fringed by the turquoise Caribbean Sea, as well as an array of hotels, restaurants, bars, shops and casinos.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Whether you desire tranquil relaxation or round-the-clock excitement, there is plenty on offer to suit all tastes.
- Vibrant nightlife with a nightclub, theatre and various events showcasing in-house performers, complementing the many bars
- Exceptional culinary range offering something for every occasion
- All inclusive programme include unlimited food and beverages, plus access to beautiful gardens and private beaches
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Up to two kids go free on selected dates
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
SeaDust Cancun is set by the beautiful Playa Delfines, overlooking the Caribbean Sea. This resort truly offers something...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...