Maldives reveals increase in UK visitors and new developments for 2016
The Maldives have recorded an increase in UK travellers, with a 3.6 per cent rise in the first eight months of 2015, compared to the same period last year. Visit Maldives said that 61,720 UK tourists visited the islands in the Indian Ocean during this period. Details of new hotels and resorts and a new luxury catamaran service have also been revealed.
The number of UK travellers visiting the Maldives in the first eight months of 2015 has increased by 3.6 per cent, according to figures released by Visit Maldives.
The tourism organisation said that 61,720 UK tourists visited the Maldives during the period this year, compared to 59,564 in 2014.
Visit Maldives also announced details of new hotels and services that will be launched for 2016.
The Kuramathi Island Resort has unveiled five new villa types: Two bedroom beach Houses for groups of friends or families; Deluxe Water Villas and Water Villas with Pool that are positioned in the centre of the resort’s lagoon; and Sunset Pool Villas and Sunset Water Villas with Pool on the sunset side of the island.
Jumeirah Vittaveli has introduced a luxury catamaran transfer for guests staying at the resort. The vessel has comfortable sofa seating and on board amenities including Wi-Fi, TVs, drinks and snacks, and air conditioning. The 520 foot iSpeed yacht will take guests on a picturesque journey through the azure waters passing tropical islands with palm-fringed beaches.
Palm Beach Resort & Spa Maldives on the island of Madhiriguraidhoo will launch a new all-inclusive plan on 1st December, 2015. Guests can enjoy a selection of food and beverages, sports and excursions as part of the luxury package.
Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa has opened its new Sunset Ocean Pool Villas with 12 square-metre plunge pools and ocean views. The villas are perfect for small families with 110 square-metres of space, and guests will have access to Premium Club facilities and the ‘Ultimate All-Inclusive’ plan.
Guests looking to get fit after the festive period will enjoy the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi’s new military Pilates classes. The classes will be led by professional instructor Joji Chacko, who will teach guests about the key features of Pilates, from stretching to slow deliberate movements.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...