Ras Al Khaimah records 200,000 Visitors in Q3 of 2015
Ras Al Khaimah has recorded nearly 200,000 visitors in the third quarter of 2015, a 14 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. The emirate has seen growth across its hotel sectors and F&B revenues and its top five source markets include the United Arab Emirates, Germany, UK, Russia and India.
Ras Al Khaimah has recorded a significant increase in visitors during the third quarter of 2015, with a 14 increase in arrivals compared to the same period last year.
More than 200,000 visitors arrived in Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates and there has been growth across its hotel and F&B sectors.
“These figures are extremely encouraging as we work towards our target of one million visitors by the end of 2018. We continue to nurture growth from our top five source markets, including the UAE, Germany, UK, Russia and India,” commented Haitham Mattar, the CEO of the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
"As the destination gains global appeal, we plan to steadily diversify our source markets through strategic global partnership with leading industry stakeholders, repositioning the emirate on the world tourism stage."
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority was formed in May 2011 under the emirate’s government and it is aiming to reach a target growth of one million visitors by the end of 2018.
"As the emirate continues with its expansion plans to meet ambitious growth targets, we continue to diversify our rich offering through developing retail, dining, cruise, entertainment, and MICE facilities, to further build Ras Al Khaimah's position as a leading destination for business and leisure."
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. Found at its northernmost points, it borders the Sultanate of Oman. It's recently emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent increase of new luxury hotels.
The emirate is a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Located just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport, the emirate is an ideal destination for a business, leisure or adventure trip, with year-long sunshine and the highest mountain in the UAE.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Discover archaeological treasures in the most heritage rich of the UAE, Ras Al Khaimah and stay in the comfort of the city centre Hilton Treetops Hotel.
- Roof top swimming pool and stunning spa
- Enjoy a drink at the tree top bar offering stunning views and listen to the chill-out music from the resident DJ.
- Guests can enjoy free access to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and spa private beach only a short distance from the hotel . Free shuttle transfer is included
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1749 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
Immerse yourself within the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...