Ras Al Khaimah records 200,000 Visitors in Q3 of 2015
Ras Al Khaimah has recorded nearly 200,000 visitors in the third quarter of 2015, a 14 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. The emirate has seen growth across its hotel sectors and F&B revenues and its top five source markets include the United Arab Emirates, Germany, UK, Russia and India.
Ras Al Khaimah has recorded a significant increase in visitors during the third quarter of 2015, with a 14 increase in arrivals compared to the same period last year.
More than 200,000 visitors arrived in Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates and there has been growth across its hotel and F&B sectors.
“These figures are extremely encouraging as we work towards our target of one million visitors by the end of 2018. We continue to nurture growth from our top five source markets, including the UAE, Germany, UK, Russia and India,” commented Haitham Mattar, the CEO of the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
"As the destination gains global appeal, we plan to steadily diversify our source markets through strategic global partnership with leading industry stakeholders, repositioning the emirate on the world tourism stage."
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority was formed in May 2011 under the emirate’s government and it is aiming to reach a target growth of one million visitors by the end of 2018.
"As the emirate continues with its expansion plans to meet ambitious growth targets, we continue to diversify our rich offering through developing retail, dining, cruise, entertainment, and MICE facilities, to further build Ras Al Khaimah's position as a leading destination for business and leisure."
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. Found at its northernmost points, it borders the Sultanate of Oman. It's recently emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent increase of new luxury hotels.
The emirate is a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coast line with pristine white sandy beaches.
Located just 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport, the emirate is an ideal destination for a business, leisure or adventure trip, with year-long sunshine and the highest mountain in the UAE.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- exclusive to our customers FREE room upgrade to guest room sea view
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...