Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts to host the inaugural Travel Blogger Awards in 2016
With bloggers holding considerable sway over their audience, brands are eager to develop a closer relationship with these key influencers and the tourism industry is no different. Sri Lanka's Cinnamon Hotels and Resorts recently announced that it will host the fist ever Travel Blogger Awards at the 2016 TBCAsia conference. Shortlisted bloggers will enjoy a fully paid tour of Sri Lanka to experience first hand the best of what this Southeast Asian country has to offer.
At the recent Travel Blog Exchange conference, Sri Lanka based Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts announced that they are going to host the first ever Travel Blogger Awards at the 2016 TBCasia conference. The event, which will take place in June 2016, is a nod to the growing influence of the blogging community on the travel industry.
Head of Brand Marketing at Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts, Dileep Mudadeniya stated,
"We are proud to pioneer the Travel Bloggers Awards in 2016 to recognise bloggers’ contribution to creating awareness and interest in travel destinations. Digital media is the new frontier for the industry and by recognising and rewarding these initiatives, Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts is proud to infuse the local travel and tourism industry with new thinking"
Undoubtedly, Sri Lankan officials will be keen to collaborate closely with influential travel bloggers in order to persuade travellers interested in booking holidays to Sri Lanka particularly if the Southeast Asian country is keen to achieve its goal of 2.5 million visitors in 2016.
Mr Mudadeniya echoed these sentiments stating,
"Travellers are increasingly sourcing information about destinations from travel bloggers who are seen as an authentic source and by engaging these bloggers, we not only aim to encourage the practice of blogging, but also want to ensure that these bloggers can put forward a balanced view about Sri Lanka as a destination."
In the lead up to the Travel Blogger Awards, 60 bloggers will be selected from among the list of registered participants. These shortlisted bloggers will have the unique opportunity to enjoy a fully paid tour of Sri Lanka from the 2nd to the 6th June 2016 followed by the TBCasia conference, which will be held at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo hotel on the 7th with over 300 participants expected to be in attendance.
The event will culminate in a gala red carpet awards ceremony where the winners of the Best Travel Blog of the Year, Best Travel Blogger of the Year and Best Luxury Travel Blog, among other categories, will be announced.
Officials recently reported an 8.8 per cent increase in the number of travellers who took Sri Lanka holidays in October when compared to the same period last year. Key regions such as East Asia, South Asia and Western Europe all contributed to the growth putting the country that much closer to meeting its 2015 target of two million tourist arrivals.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...