Wyndham Hotel Group to unveil first hotel in Vietnam opening in 2016
The Wyndham Hotel Group has announced that it will mark its debut in Vietnam with the opening of a new hotel in Halong City near the famous Halong Bay. Scheduled to open in 2016, the new Wyndham Legend Halong will have 217 guest rooms, a pool with bar, an onsite fitness centre, meeting rooms, and an all-day restaurant.
The Wyndham Hotel Group will be entering the hotel market in Vietnam after announcing it will open a brand new hotel in early 2016.
The brand new Wyndham Legend Halong will be a new-build and will be located in Halong City in Vietnam, close to the stunning World Heritage-listed site Halong Bay.
The luxury hotel will have 217 guest rooms and suites, as well as a collection of upscale facilities including a fitness centre, a pool with bar, an all-day restaurant, and meeting rooms for business travellers.
"Vietnam is a key tourism destination in South East Asia, drawing just shy of eight million visitors in 2014, and Halong Bay is one of the country's premier attractions," stated Barry Robinson, the President and Managing Director for South East Asia and Pacific Rim for the Wyndham Hotel Group.
"With its unique beauty, its growing popularity among travellers, and its key positioning along Vietnam's main route to southern China, Halong Bay is exactly the kind of destination we're expanding in right now. Wyndham Legend Halong will provide visitors to this beautiful part of the world with all the comforts and amenities you would expect from a world-class, upscale hotel."
The property will be owned by Ha Long Star Service & Tourist Joint Stock Company and is expected to cost USD$40 million.
"We are proud to partner with the world's largest hotel company to introduce the Wyndham® brand to Vietnam," added Dr Nguyen Ba Dung, the Chairman of Ha Long Star Service & Tourist Joint Stock Company.
"We believe this hotel will boost tourism in the region and become a favourite among travellers to Halong Bay."
The Wyndham Hotel Group operates more than 7,500 hotels in 69 countries across the world under the hotel brands: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Wingate by Wyndham, Baymont Inn & Suites, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, and Knights Inn.
Shaped like a seahorse, Vietnam is a country in South East Asia that is rich in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of stunning natural landscapes such as the Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
The popular tourist attraction Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts 1,600 jagged limestone islands and karsts that soar up from calm jade waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Experience all the natural beauty and cultural variety of Vietnam on a deluxe tour
- Five-star hotels throughout
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise on a traditionally designed junk boat with meals included
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches of central Vietnam
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
Discover the beauty and unique heritage of Vietnam with this incredible tour across some of its most famous sites and...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...
Discover the beauty of a superb Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Danang, located by the pristine stretch of beach and...