Dubai comes to THP's London office for a fun training session
A group made up of various representatives across Dubai's tourism industry recently made its way to The Holiday Place's headquarters in northwest London to provide us with a fun and insightful training session followed by light bites, drinks and a quiz with some wonderful prizes handed out at the end. We welcomed representatives from ACCOR's luxury Sofitel brand, Movenpick Hotels, Royal Brunei, Dubai Tourist Board and Duke Hotels.
Last Friday evening The Holiday Place was treated to an afternoon and evening training session from a group of experts from Duba’s tourism industry including hoteliers, airline representatives and the Marketing Executive of Dubai’s Tourist Board, Catherine Lamri.
The expertly planned event allowed our team of travel experts and advisors to freshen up on our knowledge of Dubai and gain an updated insight into the new and upcoming tourist attractions as well as to keep track on the latest hotel developments from ACCOR’s luxury Sofitel brand, Movenpick Hotels and the latest British hotelier to venture into Dubai’s market as of next year – Dukes.
Setting up their training stations over five different tables in The Holiday Place’s office kitchen, different training groups were split into smaller groups of three to five trainees to enjoy a full presentation accompanied by a drink, snacks and merchandise goodies. Each of the groups spent a certain amount of time on each table before the bell rang indicating it was time to move onto the next representative’s table.
This rotation system enabled everyone to get a more personalised training experience across all different companies and their products. It allowed everyone to get better familiarised with every hotel or airline’s particular attributes and special perks thanks to the one-one-one interaction allowing for questions and answers sessions at the end.
Representing the prestigious Sofitel brand of upscale resorts by ACCOR was Sophie Burkwood, International Sales Manager at ACCOR Hotels. She warmly introduced us to all of Sofitel’s three exclusive properties in Dubai, each perfectly placed in attractive points of great tourism interest.
Representing one of THP’s newest airline partners was Wayne Newton, Key Account Manager for the UK and Ireland at Royal Brunei. He introduced us to Royal Brunei’s fleet of 787 Dreamliners flying direct to Dubai daily from London Heathrow’s Terminal 4.
Giving us an in-depth look into the variety of properties they had in Dubai was Andrew Jackson, International Account Director at Movenpick Hotels & Resorts. He gave us a good overview of Movenpick’s five hotels, of which the Movenpick IBN Batuta Gate is proud to be listed No. 1 on TripAdvisor’s list of Dubai hotels.
Then we had the privilege of welcoming, for the first time ever, Anthony Vale, Director of UK Leisure Sales from Dukes Collection. Thanks to his presentation we learnt that the British brand of boutique hotels, which has its debut property in St James Park, London, will be branching out in Dubai soon with the arrival of the new Dukes Dubai, expected to open in April or May 2016.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Discover the impressive opulence of Dubai's skyline matched only by the views across the Arabian Gulf
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury with stunning views of Downtown Dubai
- A landmark hotel located in Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- Incredible bars, clubs and restaurants, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm.
- There are plenty of sightseeing and historical places to visit within walking distance
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...