Dubai comes to THP's London office for a fun training session
A group made up of various representatives across Dubai's tourism industry recently made its way to The Holiday Place's headquarters in northwest London to provide us with a fun and insightful training session followed by light bites, drinks and a quiz with some wonderful prizes handed out at the end. We welcomed representatives from ACCOR's luxury Sofitel brand, Movenpick Hotels, Royal Brunei, Dubai Tourist Board and Duke Hotels.
Last Friday evening The Holiday Place was treated to an afternoon and evening training session from a group of experts from Duba’s tourism industry including hoteliers, airline representatives and the Marketing Executive of Dubai’s Tourist Board, Catherine Lamri.
The expertly planned event allowed our team of travel experts and advisors to freshen up on our knowledge of Dubai and gain an updated insight into the new and upcoming tourist attractions as well as to keep track on the latest hotel developments from ACCOR’s luxury Sofitel brand, Movenpick Hotels and the latest British hotelier to venture into Dubai’s market as of next year – Dukes.
Setting up their training stations over five different tables in The Holiday Place’s office kitchen, different training groups were split into smaller groups of three to five trainees to enjoy a full presentation accompanied by a drink, snacks and merchandise goodies. Each of the groups spent a certain amount of time on each table before the bell rang indicating it was time to move onto the next representative’s table.
This rotation system enabled everyone to get a more personalised training experience across all different companies and their products. It allowed everyone to get better familiarised with every hotel or airline’s particular attributes and special perks thanks to the one-one-one interaction allowing for questions and answers sessions at the end.
Representing the prestigious Sofitel brand of upscale resorts by ACCOR was Sophie Burkwood, International Sales Manager at ACCOR Hotels. She warmly introduced us to all of Sofitel’s three exclusive properties in Dubai, each perfectly placed in attractive points of great tourism interest.
Representing one of THP’s newest airline partners was Wayne Newton, Key Account Manager for the UK and Ireland at Royal Brunei. He introduced us to Royal Brunei’s fleet of 787 Dreamliners flying direct to Dubai daily from London Heathrow’s Terminal 4.
Giving us an in-depth look into the variety of properties they had in Dubai was Andrew Jackson, International Account Director at Movenpick Hotels & Resorts. He gave us a good overview of Movenpick’s five hotels, of which the Movenpick IBN Batuta Gate is proud to be listed No. 1 on TripAdvisor’s list of Dubai hotels.
Then we had the privilege of welcoming, for the first time ever, Anthony Vale, Director of UK Leisure Sales from Dukes Collection. Thanks to his presentation we learnt that the British brand of boutique hotels, which has its debut property in St James Park, London, will be branching out in Dubai soon with the arrival of the new Dukes Dubai, expected to open in April or May 2016.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...