Sandals snaps up Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for 22nd time in World Travel Awards
Sandals Resort International has won the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for an impressive 22nd time at the World Travel Awards. The Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 was hosted by Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week and was attended by travel and hospitality industry leaders and VIPs.
Sandals Resorts International has been honoured with the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for the 22nd time.
The hotel group was given the title at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 that took place at Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week.
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, commented:
"What a night for Sandals! Over the past two decades the brand has grown into an institution here in the Caribbean and that success has been recognised by our voters this evening."
Delta Air Lines won the titles of North America's Leading Airline and North America's Leading Airline to the Caribbean, while Caribbean Airlines was awarded Caribbean's Leading Airline.
Mr Coke also explained:
"My congratulations, too, to all our winners tonight, all of whom are working tirelessly to drive up standards in the competitive Caribbean and North American hospitality markets. I look forward to welcoming them all to our Grand Final this December in Morocco."
The ceremony was hosted by Andrew Kennedy and Anastagia Pierre at the Sandals Resort, and there were performances from The Royal Bahamas Police Force Pop Band, Alia Cole, and Crusaders Junkanoo Group.
The Bahamas minister of tourism, the Honourable Obediah Wilchcombe, was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Travel Personality 2015 in a special presentation.
Sandals International Resorts owns and operates luxury all-inclusive Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands: Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Additional WTA winners included the Jamaica Tourist Board, who was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board; Antigua and Barbuda as the Caribbean's Leading Romantic Destination; Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall in Jamaica, who was awarded the title of Caribbean's Leading New Hotel; and the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Suite award went to Rock Star Suite at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...