Sandals snaps up Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for 22nd time in World Travel Awards
Sandals Resort International has won the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for an impressive 22nd time at the World Travel Awards. The Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 was hosted by Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week and was attended by travel and hospitality industry leaders and VIPs.
Sandals Resorts International has been honoured with the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for the 22nd time.
The hotel group was given the title at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 that took place at Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week.
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, commented:
"What a night for Sandals! Over the past two decades the brand has grown into an institution here in the Caribbean and that success has been recognised by our voters this evening."
Delta Air Lines won the titles of North America's Leading Airline and North America's Leading Airline to the Caribbean, while Caribbean Airlines was awarded Caribbean's Leading Airline.
Mr Coke also explained:
"My congratulations, too, to all our winners tonight, all of whom are working tirelessly to drive up standards in the competitive Caribbean and North American hospitality markets. I look forward to welcoming them all to our Grand Final this December in Morocco."
The ceremony was hosted by Andrew Kennedy and Anastagia Pierre at the Sandals Resort, and there were performances from The Royal Bahamas Police Force Pop Band, Alia Cole, and Crusaders Junkanoo Group.
The Bahamas minister of tourism, the Honourable Obediah Wilchcombe, was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Travel Personality 2015 in a special presentation.
Sandals International Resorts owns and operates luxury all-inclusive Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands: Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Additional WTA winners included the Jamaica Tourist Board, who was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board; Antigua and Barbuda as the Caribbean's Leading Romantic Destination; Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall in Jamaica, who was awarded the title of Caribbean's Leading New Hotel; and the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Suite award went to Rock Star Suite at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...