Sandals snaps up Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for 22nd time in World Travel Awards
Sandals Resort International has won the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for an impressive 22nd time at the World Travel Awards. The Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 was hosted by Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week and was attended by travel and hospitality industry leaders and VIPs.
Sandals Resorts International has been honoured with the title of the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand for the 22nd time.
The hotel group was given the title at the World Travel Awards Caribbean and North America Gala Ceremony 2015 that took place at Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas last week.
Graham Cooke, the President of the World Travel Awards, commented:
"What a night for Sandals! Over the past two decades the brand has grown into an institution here in the Caribbean and that success has been recognised by our voters this evening."
Delta Air Lines won the titles of North America's Leading Airline and North America's Leading Airline to the Caribbean, while Caribbean Airlines was awarded Caribbean's Leading Airline.
Mr Coke also explained:
"My congratulations, too, to all our winners tonight, all of whom are working tirelessly to drive up standards in the competitive Caribbean and North American hospitality markets. I look forward to welcoming them all to our Grand Final this December in Morocco."
The ceremony was hosted by Andrew Kennedy and Anastagia Pierre at the Sandals Resort, and there were performances from The Royal Bahamas Police Force Pop Band, Alia Cole, and Crusaders Junkanoo Group.
The Bahamas minister of tourism, the Honourable Obediah Wilchcombe, was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Travel Personality 2015 in a special presentation.
Sandals International Resorts owns and operates luxury all-inclusive Caribbean hotels and resorts in Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, The Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos under the three brands: Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
Additional WTA winners included the Jamaica Tourist Board, who was recognised as the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board; Antigua and Barbuda as the Caribbean's Leading Romantic Destination; Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall in Jamaica, who was awarded the title of Caribbean's Leading New Hotel; and the Caribbean's Leading Hotel Suite award went to Rock Star Suite at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...