Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya adds new restaurant
The Rosewood Mayakoba has opened a brand new restaurant, La Fondita. The dining outlet is the fourth option at the luxurious Riviera Maya resort in Mexico, and it serves simple dishes that have been inspired by Mexico City's authentic tostaderias within the El Pueblito, a replica of a traditional Mexican village.
A new restaurant has been added to Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico, following its recent renovation programme.
La Fondita is the fourth dining outlet to be added to the luxury resort in the Riviera Maya resort near Cancun.
The restaurant is situated in the recently-opened replica of an authentic Mexican village square, El Pueblito, and it serves simple dishes, including traditional tostaderias that are inspired by Mexico City's cuisine.
La Fondita opens one year after the launch of Le Ceiba Garden and Kitchen. The resort has three other restaurants that each pay homage to different regions in Mexico.
Italian-style cuisine is served at Casa del Lago, which is inspired by the Oaxaca region in Mexico; Asian-Mexican fare can be enjoyed at Agave Azul that has a sushi bar and takes its inspiration from the Jalisco region; and Punta Bonita's delicious culinary delights are influenced by Mexcio's wide range of street foods and simple signature entrees.
Rosewood Mayakoba is an upscale resort surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation features 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront hotel has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the lavish Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is a coastal region located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya boasts an array of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples, such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Holidaymakers can enjoy the verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Krysal Ixtapa has a fantastic location on one of the best beaches in Ixtapa's hotel district. Enjoy a stay at this sunny...