Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya adds new restaurant
The Rosewood Mayakoba has opened a brand new restaurant, La Fondita. The dining outlet is the fourth option at the luxurious Riviera Maya resort in Mexico, and it serves simple dishes that have been inspired by Mexico City's authentic tostaderias within the El Pueblito, a replica of a traditional Mexican village.
A new restaurant has been added to Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico, following its recent renovation programme.
La Fondita is the fourth dining outlet to be added to the luxury resort in the Riviera Maya resort near Cancun.
The restaurant is situated in the recently-opened replica of an authentic Mexican village square, El Pueblito, and it serves simple dishes, including traditional tostaderias that are inspired by Mexico City's cuisine.
La Fondita opens one year after the launch of Le Ceiba Garden and Kitchen. The resort has three other restaurants that each pay homage to different regions in Mexico.
Italian-style cuisine is served at Casa del Lago, which is inspired by the Oaxaca region in Mexico; Asian-Mexican fare can be enjoyed at Agave Azul that has a sushi bar and takes its inspiration from the Jalisco region; and Punta Bonita's delicious culinary delights are influenced by Mexcio's wide range of street foods and simple signature entrees.
Rosewood Mayakoba is an upscale resort surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation features 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront hotel has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the lavish Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is a coastal region located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya boasts an array of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples, such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Holidaymakers can enjoy the verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Whether looking for a relaxing retreat with your partner, or simply searching for some peace and intimacy by yourself, a...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...