Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya adds new restaurant
The Rosewood Mayakoba has opened a brand new restaurant, La Fondita. The dining outlet is the fourth option at the luxurious Riviera Maya resort in Mexico, and it serves simple dishes that have been inspired by Mexico City's authentic tostaderias within the El Pueblito, a replica of a traditional Mexican village.
A new restaurant has been added to Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico, following its recent renovation programme.
La Fondita is the fourth dining outlet to be added to the luxury resort in the Riviera Maya resort near Cancun.
The restaurant is situated in the recently-opened replica of an authentic Mexican village square, El Pueblito, and it serves simple dishes, including traditional tostaderias that are inspired by Mexico City's cuisine.
La Fondita opens one year after the launch of Le Ceiba Garden and Kitchen. The resort has three other restaurants that each pay homage to different regions in Mexico.
Italian-style cuisine is served at Casa del Lago, which is inspired by the Oaxaca region in Mexico; Asian-Mexican fare can be enjoyed at Agave Azul that has a sushi bar and takes its inspiration from the Jalisco region; and Punta Bonita's delicious culinary delights are influenced by Mexcio's wide range of street foods and simple signature entrees.
Rosewood Mayakoba is an upscale resort surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation features 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront hotel has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the lavish Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is a coastal region located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya boasts an array of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples, such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Holidaymakers can enjoy the verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...