Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya adds new restaurant
The Rosewood Mayakoba has opened a brand new restaurant, La Fondita. The dining outlet is the fourth option at the luxurious Riviera Maya resort in Mexico, and it serves simple dishes that have been inspired by Mexico City's authentic tostaderias within the El Pueblito, a replica of a traditional Mexican village.
A new restaurant has been added to Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico, following its recent renovation programme.
La Fondita is the fourth dining outlet to be added to the luxury resort in the Riviera Maya resort near Cancun.
The restaurant is situated in the recently-opened replica of an authentic Mexican village square, El Pueblito, and it serves simple dishes, including traditional tostaderias that are inspired by Mexico City's cuisine.
La Fondita opens one year after the launch of Le Ceiba Garden and Kitchen. The resort has three other restaurants that each pay homage to different regions in Mexico.
Italian-style cuisine is served at Casa del Lago, which is inspired by the Oaxaca region in Mexico; Asian-Mexican fare can be enjoyed at Agave Azul that has a sushi bar and takes its inspiration from the Jalisco region; and Punta Bonita's delicious culinary delights are influenced by Mexcio's wide range of street foods and simple signature entrees.
Rosewood Mayakoba is an upscale resort surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation features 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront hotel has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the lavish Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is a coastal region located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya boasts an array of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples, such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Holidaymakers can enjoy the verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...