Rosewood Mayakoba in Riviera Maya adds new restaurant
The Rosewood Mayakoba has opened a brand new restaurant, La Fondita. The dining outlet is the fourth option at the luxurious Riviera Maya resort in Mexico, and it serves simple dishes that have been inspired by Mexico City's authentic tostaderias within the El Pueblito, a replica of a traditional Mexican village.
A new restaurant has been added to Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico, following its recent renovation programme.
La Fondita is the fourth dining outlet to be added to the luxury resort in the Riviera Maya resort near Cancun.
The restaurant is situated in the recently-opened replica of an authentic Mexican village square, El Pueblito, and it serves simple dishes, including traditional tostaderias that are inspired by Mexico City's cuisine.
La Fondita opens one year after the launch of Le Ceiba Garden and Kitchen. The resort has three other restaurants that each pay homage to different regions in Mexico.
Italian-style cuisine is served at Casa del Lago, which is inspired by the Oaxaca region in Mexico; Asian-Mexican fare can be enjoyed at Agave Azul that has a sushi bar and takes its inspiration from the Jalisco region; and Punta Bonita's delicious culinary delights are influenced by Mexcio's wide range of street foods and simple signature entrees.
Rosewood Mayakoba is an upscale resort surrounded by 1,600 acres of land made up of lush jungles and pristine white beaches. Its luxurious accommodation features 130 suites that are situated along tranquil lagoons with amenities such as plunge pools, spacious terraces with hammocks, and boat docks.
The luxury beachfront hotel has several gourmet restaurants with terraces, a large swimming pool, the lavish Sense Spa, Rosebuds Kids Centre, and a modern fitness centre. Guests can play golf at the Greg Norman-designed golf resort, go scuba diving or snorkelling, go swimming in ancient caves, or enjoy horse riding on the beach.
Riviera Maya is a coastal region located approximately 40 miles south of Cancun Airport (CUN), home to some of the world's most magnificent natural landscapes and diverse wildlife species.
The area surrounding Cancun and Riviera Maya boasts an array of Mexico's most historical sites and ancient Mayan ruins and temples, such as the Tulum archaeological site, Coba, Ek Balam, San Gervasio, Xcaret, and Chichen Itza. Holidaymakers can enjoy the verdant thriving nature parks and reserves, crystal clear azure ocean waters, and miles of sweeping unspoilt beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...