P&O Cruises' Britannia to operate from St Lucia for first time in 2016
P&O Cruises has announced that its newest ship, Britannia, will set off on its debut voyage from St Lucia in 2016. The ship will run 28 cruises in the Caribbean from St Lucia or Barbados during the 2016/2017 winter season and it will offer a seven-night and 14-night option for travellers looking to explore the region's tropical islands.
P&O Cruises has revealed that its newest ship, Britannia, will sail from St Lucia for the first time next winter, operating seven-night and 14-night cruises.
The Britannia will operate 28 cruises from St Lucia or Barbados during the winter of 2016/2017, with the first sailing departing from St Lucia on 12th November, 2016, calling at Dominica, Antigua, St Maarten and Barbados over seven nights.
"Introducing new itineraries which all depart or return St Lucia will offer a new dimension to our Caribbean cruises. St Lucia is a popular destination with passengers and no other cruise line has it as a home port, so we are looking to make the most of this by offering an exciting range of shore excursions to maximise the time there."
Explained Christopher Edgington, the Marketing Director of P&O, he also commented:
"It is also the first time we have offered a seven-night Caribbean cruise option. These new week-long itineraries will appeal to those wishing to escape the cold weather and see a number of destinations but who don't have the time for a longer cruise.
"For passengers with more leisure time, our 14-night cruises provide the perfect opportunity to see more than seven islands in one holiday."
The fly-cruise programmes start at £1,099 per person for seven nights in an inside cabin, and £1,299 for 14 nights, including return flights from Gatwick Airport (LGW) in London.
St Lucia is an island situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills and soaring mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the magnificent emerald-sloped Pitons. The St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular annual event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...