P&O Cruises' Britannia to operate from St Lucia for first time in 2016
P&O Cruises has announced that its newest ship, Britannia, will set off on its debut voyage from St Lucia in 2016. The ship will run 28 cruises in the Caribbean from St Lucia or Barbados during the 2016/2017 winter season and it will offer a seven-night and 14-night option for travellers looking to explore the region's tropical islands.
P&O Cruises has revealed that its newest ship, Britannia, will sail from St Lucia for the first time next winter, operating seven-night and 14-night cruises.
The Britannia will operate 28 cruises from St Lucia or Barbados during the winter of 2016/2017, with the first sailing departing from St Lucia on 12th November, 2016, calling at Dominica, Antigua, St Maarten and Barbados over seven nights.
"Introducing new itineraries which all depart or return St Lucia will offer a new dimension to our Caribbean cruises. St Lucia is a popular destination with passengers and no other cruise line has it as a home port, so we are looking to make the most of this by offering an exciting range of shore excursions to maximise the time there."
Explained Christopher Edgington, the Marketing Director of P&O, he also commented:
"It is also the first time we have offered a seven-night Caribbean cruise option. These new week-long itineraries will appeal to those wishing to escape the cold weather and see a number of destinations but who don't have the time for a longer cruise.
"For passengers with more leisure time, our 14-night cruises provide the perfect opportunity to see more than seven islands in one holiday."
The fly-cruise programmes start at £1,099 per person for seven nights in an inside cabin, and £1,299 for 14 nights, including return flights from Gatwick Airport (LGW) in London.
St Lucia is an island situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills and soaring mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the magnificent emerald-sloped Pitons. The St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular annual event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples-only resort, set on an expansive stretch of white sands fringing warm turquoise waters.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in an Emerald Honeymoon Oceanview Room
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9-hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The Red Lane Spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...