P&O Cruises' Britannia to operate from St Lucia for first time in 2016
P&O Cruises has announced that its newest ship, Britannia, will set off on its debut voyage from St Lucia in 2016. The ship will run 28 cruises in the Caribbean from St Lucia or Barbados during the 2016/2017 winter season and it will offer a seven-night and 14-night option for travellers looking to explore the region's tropical islands.
P&O Cruises has revealed that its newest ship, Britannia, will sail from St Lucia for the first time next winter, operating seven-night and 14-night cruises.
The Britannia will operate 28 cruises from St Lucia or Barbados during the winter of 2016/2017, with the first sailing departing from St Lucia on 12th November, 2016, calling at Dominica, Antigua, St Maarten and Barbados over seven nights.
"Introducing new itineraries which all depart or return St Lucia will offer a new dimension to our Caribbean cruises. St Lucia is a popular destination with passengers and no other cruise line has it as a home port, so we are looking to make the most of this by offering an exciting range of shore excursions to maximise the time there."
Explained Christopher Edgington, the Marketing Director of P&O, he also commented:
"It is also the first time we have offered a seven-night Caribbean cruise option. These new week-long itineraries will appeal to those wishing to escape the cold weather and see a number of destinations but who don't have the time for a longer cruise.
"For passengers with more leisure time, our 14-night cruises provide the perfect opportunity to see more than seven islands in one holiday."
The fly-cruise programmes start at £1,099 per person for seven nights in an inside cabin, and £1,299 for 14 nights, including return flights from Gatwick Airport (LGW) in London.
St Lucia is an island situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and is home to some of the world's most stunning natural landscapes, from white sand beaches, and turquoise ocean waters, to rolling green hills and soaring mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world's only drive-in volcanoes and the magnificent emerald-sloped Pitons. The St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular annual event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...