Famous Renaissance Hotel in Santo Domingo completes multi-million dollar refurbishments
Renaissance Hotels has reintroduced the Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino in Santo Domingo, following an extensive refurbishment programme. The luxury hotel in the Dominican Republic has undergone $40 million worth of renovations to revamp its interior and amenities over the last 12 months.
Renaissance Hotels has announced the completion of a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme at the Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino in the Caribbean.
The most famous hotel in the Dominican Republic was closed in 2014 for a $40 million renovation project that saw the property's interior and facilities upgraded, while preserving its historic features.
Dan Vinh, the Vice President of Marketing for Renaissance Hotels, commented:
"Santo Domingo is a historic city in the Caribbean with rich tradition and a vibrant local culture. We are incredibly excited to unveil the renovated Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino and invite our guests to discover the local flavour of Santo Domingo."
Located on the Malecon in Santo Domingo, the luxury hotel first opened in 1987 on the former site of the Jaragua hotel, which dates back to 1942, and it is positioned close to the Santo Domingo's popular attractions, historical sites, shops and restaurants.
The Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel and Casino has upgraded guest rooms, restaurants, pool area, spa, gym, shops, bar, and a new lobby area.
Additional facilities including an outdoor swimming pool, a tennis club, a casino, and lush tropical gardens.
Santo Domingo is one of the oldest capital cities in the Caribbean and it is rich in history and heritage. The city is divided by the Ozama River and includes old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, upscale hotels, and casinos. Tourists can visit the city's historic monuments and attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
The Colonial Zone features several examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; historic churches, cathedrals and convents, including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and fascinating museums such as Alcazar de Colon, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar at night.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...