Banyan Tree Al Wadi in Ras Al Khaimah launches soul food package
The Banyan Tree Al Wadi has launched a brand new Soul Food Package that will take guests on a culinary journey through Ras Al Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates. The package includes a tour of local food and fish markets, herbs selection from the organic garden, and cooking classes led by professional chefs.
Foodies will be in for a treat over the next couple of months as the Banyan Tree Al Wadi launches a brand new "Soul Food Package".
The package will taking guests staying at the hotel on a gastronomic journey in the heart of Ras Al Khaimah where they will discover local ingredient and learn how to cook local dishes.
Participants will start with a trip to the local fish and poultry markets that will be guided by one of the hotel's chefs, just 20 minutes away from the Banyan Tree Al Wadi.
Guests will then return to the hotel to select herbs from its organic garden that will be used to complement ingredients in their dish in a cookery class. The chef will give step-by-step instructions on how to prepare and cook the dish, and guests can then enjoy their masterpieces with a sit down meal and a complimentary house beverage in the Al Waha restaurant.
The two kitchens at the two Banyan Tree hotels in Ras Al Khaimah are headed by Executive Chef Nugraha, who originates from Indonesia and has worked in restaurants all over the globe.
Nugraha will share his knowledge and expertise of local and international flavours and will show participants how to make local dishes in Ras Al Khaimah such as pan-fried nimi with kalamata olive and tomato sauce, cuttlefish salad and goat broth with chickpea dumplings.
The Soul Food package starts from Dhs290 per person, and will run every Saturday morning until 31st December, 2015.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of seven states in the United Arab Emirates. It is emerging as a new tourist destination in the Middle East thanks to its stunning stretches of golden sandy beaches and the recent development of many new luxury hotels.
Situated in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, it's a hotspot for adventure-lovers due its access to the beautiful mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, creeks and turquoise lagoons, and 64 kilometres of coastline with an array of pristine white sandy beaches and warm azure ocean waters.
Holidaymakers can visit 18 historic fortifications, castles and towers; explore the Ras Al Khaimah National Museum with its archaeological displays illustrating the earliest settlers; head to the historical fishing village of Al Jazirat Al Hamra, with its traditional coral-block architecture; or hike up to the tallest mountain in United Arab Emirates, the 1,910-meter-high Jebel Jais, and enjoy spectacular views from the top.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...