Jordan's Tourism Ministry launches 'Jordan Pass' to access ancient attractions
The Tourism Ministry in Jordan has launched the "Jordan Pass", a unified entry ticket that will allow all tourists to visit an array of archaeological sites and museums in the country for just one price. The pass will save time and effort for holidaymakers, while enriching their experience of the ancient nation.
Holidaymakers will find it easier to visit some of Jordan's ancient sites thanks to a new ticket launched by the Tourism Ministry.
The "Jordan Pass" will enable tourists to visit multiple archaeological sites and museums in Jordan at one price of JD70 (£60).
According to the Jordan News Agency Petra, the ticket aims to encourage holidaymakers to visit several of the country's ancient attractions, while enriching their experience in Jordan.
Abed Al Razzaq Arabiyat, the Jordan Tourism Board Managing Director, said the tourism board will launch a campaign in markets overseas to promote the "Jordan Pass" and encourage visitors to buy it and extend their stay.
Jordan has recorded an increase in tourists recently, and a total of 422,254 holidaymakers visited Jordan in July, 2015, which is a 20 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. Overnight visitors reached 337,000 in July, a 30 per cent rise compared to July, 2014.
Jordan recently waved the visa fee for all nationalities, whether they are travelling with tour operators or independently, on the condition that they spend two consecutive nights in the country.
Jordan is rich in history, natural beauty, and ancient sites. Holidaymakers can stay in Amman and use the city as a base to go off and enjoy scuba diving in Gulf of Aqaba's, relaxing in the mineral-rich Dead Sea, shopping in modern malls and traditional souks in Amman, explore the caves and canyons of Wadi Rum, visit the Roman ruins of the Temple of Herakles, or take tours to the ancient city of Petra which was built by Nabataeans more than 2,000 years ago.
One of the county's most popular natural attractions is the Dead Sea - the lowest spot on earth. Over the centuries, it has attracted the likes of King Herod the Great, and Cleopatra, the Egyptian Queen. It is famously known as the Baptism site of Jesus Christ, and its mineral-rich waters make it a hotspot for award-winning wellness and medical spas and cosmetic therapeutic muds and salts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Escape the hum drum and visit the beautiful land of Jordan
- Explore the exquisite cuisine on offer
- Take advantage of the year round beautiful weather
- The impressive resort also offers luxury facilities that cater to sophisticated travellers
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...