Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W Hotels brand in Sharm El Sheikh
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. has announced that it will debut its W Hotels brand in Egypt with the opening of the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh. Scheduled to open in 2020, the hotel will be situated near Naqb Bay, and guests will have direct access to the Red Sea from the 300 metre-long sandy beachfront.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will be debuting its W Hotels brand in Egypt. The hotel group announced it will open the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh in 2020.
Situated in Naqb Bay in the popular coastal town of Sharm El Sheikh, just 20 minutes by car to Sharm El Sheikh International Airport (SSH), the property will be owned by Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE, and will have 350 guest rooms and suites, including two Extreme WOW Suites.
Guests will have direct access to the Red Sea via the 300-metre-long stretch of sandy beach, and they can enjoy views from the hotel of the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba.
"Starwood's lifestyle brands are gaining traction with developers and guests in Africa. We are excited to build a long-term relationship with Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE to bring W Hotels and its dynamic DNA to the Red Sea and are confident that W Sharm El Sheikh will become the number one choice for design-conscious local and international guests in the region."
Stated Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Mr Wale also explained:
"Not only does this signing underline our continued commitment to expand the W brand's footprint in resort destinations, it also reinforces our leadership position in Egypt where we operate 11 Starwood hotels and have another three under development."
The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh will have 50 branded residences as well as an exclusive lounge, and residents will have access to the luxury hotel's facilities and services.
Facilities include two speciality restaurants, an all-day dining outlet, W Lounge, a destination bar, a spa with lavish treatments, tennis courts, FIT fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool with deck and bar, a WIRED 24-hour business centre, and 1,880 square metres of events and meeting space.
Mohamed Gamal Abdelwahab Omar, the CEO of Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE commented:
"We believe that W Hotels, with its outstanding international reputation as an innovative lifestyle brand, will reinforce the importance of Sharm El Sheikh as a world-class destination."
Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt thanks to its white sandy beaches and azure crystal clear ocean waters. The region is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities and visitors can swim alongside magnificent sea creatures such as stingrays, grouper, Napoleon Wrasse and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...