Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W Hotels brand in Sharm El Sheikh
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. has announced that it will debut its W Hotels brand in Egypt with the opening of the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh. Scheduled to open in 2020, the hotel will be situated near Naqb Bay, and guests will have direct access to the Red Sea from the 300 metre-long sandy beachfront.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will be debuting its W Hotels brand in Egypt. The hotel group announced it will open the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh in 2020.
Situated in Naqb Bay in the popular coastal town of Sharm El Sheikh, just 20 minutes by car to Sharm El Sheikh International Airport (SSH), the property will be owned by Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE, and will have 350 guest rooms and suites, including two Extreme WOW Suites.
Guests will have direct access to the Red Sea via the 300-metre-long stretch of sandy beach, and they can enjoy views from the hotel of the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba.
"Starwood's lifestyle brands are gaining traction with developers and guests in Africa. We are excited to build a long-term relationship with Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE to bring W Hotels and its dynamic DNA to the Red Sea and are confident that W Sharm El Sheikh will become the number one choice for design-conscious local and international guests in the region."
Stated Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Mr Wale also explained:
"Not only does this signing underline our continued commitment to expand the W brand's footprint in resort destinations, it also reinforces our leadership position in Egypt where we operate 11 Starwood hotels and have another three under development."
The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh will have 50 branded residences as well as an exclusive lounge, and residents will have access to the luxury hotel's facilities and services.
Facilities include two speciality restaurants, an all-day dining outlet, W Lounge, a destination bar, a spa with lavish treatments, tennis courts, FIT fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool with deck and bar, a WIRED 24-hour business centre, and 1,880 square metres of events and meeting space.
Mohamed Gamal Abdelwahab Omar, the CEO of Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE commented:
"We believe that W Hotels, with its outstanding international reputation as an innovative lifestyle brand, will reinforce the importance of Sharm El Sheikh as a world-class destination."
Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt thanks to its white sandy beaches and azure crystal clear ocean waters. The region is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities and visitors can swim alongside magnificent sea creatures such as stingrays, grouper, Napoleon Wrasse and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...