Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W Hotels brand in Sharm El Sheikh
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. has announced that it will debut its W Hotels brand in Egypt with the opening of the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh. Scheduled to open in 2020, the hotel will be situated near Naqb Bay, and guests will have direct access to the Red Sea from the 300 metre-long sandy beachfront.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will be debuting its W Hotels brand in Egypt. The hotel group announced it will open the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh in 2020.
Situated in Naqb Bay in the popular coastal town of Sharm El Sheikh, just 20 minutes by car to Sharm El Sheikh International Airport (SSH), the property will be owned by Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE, and will have 350 guest rooms and suites, including two Extreme WOW Suites.
Guests will have direct access to the Red Sea via the 300-metre-long stretch of sandy beach, and they can enjoy views from the hotel of the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba.
"Starwood's lifestyle brands are gaining traction with developers and guests in Africa. We are excited to build a long-term relationship with Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE to bring W Hotels and its dynamic DNA to the Red Sea and are confident that W Sharm El Sheikh will become the number one choice for design-conscious local and international guests in the region."
Stated Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Mr Wale also explained:
"Not only does this signing underline our continued commitment to expand the W brand's footprint in resort destinations, it also reinforces our leadership position in Egypt where we operate 11 Starwood hotels and have another three under development."
The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh will have 50 branded residences as well as an exclusive lounge, and residents will have access to the luxury hotel's facilities and services.
Facilities include two speciality restaurants, an all-day dining outlet, W Lounge, a destination bar, a spa with lavish treatments, tennis courts, FIT fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool with deck and bar, a WIRED 24-hour business centre, and 1,880 square metres of events and meeting space.
Mohamed Gamal Abdelwahab Omar, the CEO of Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE commented:
"We believe that W Hotels, with its outstanding international reputation as an innovative lifestyle brand, will reinforce the importance of Sharm El Sheikh as a world-class destination."
Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt thanks to its white sandy beaches and azure crystal clear ocean waters. The region is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities and visitors can swim alongside magnificent sea creatures such as stingrays, grouper, Napoleon Wrasse and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
This boutique Nile Cruise combines old-world charm and sophistication with the luxury of modern amenities.
- With a limited number of suites and cabins this cruise offers an intimate and exclusive atmosphere of personal service and refined hospitality
- Unwind at the open-air oriental style Jacuzzi or chill in the elegant lounge
- Work on your tan from the spacious, scenic deck as you see 5,000 years of history unfold
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...