Starwood Hotels and Resorts to debut W Hotels brand in Sharm El Sheikh
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. has announced that it will debut its W Hotels brand in Egypt with the opening of the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh. Scheduled to open in 2020, the hotel will be situated near Naqb Bay, and guests will have direct access to the Red Sea from the 300 metre-long sandy beachfront.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. will be debuting its W Hotels brand in Egypt. The hotel group announced it will open the W Sharm El Sheikh and The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh in 2020.
Situated in Naqb Bay in the popular coastal town of Sharm El Sheikh, just 20 minutes by car to Sharm El Sheikh International Airport (SSH), the property will be owned by Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE, and will have 350 guest rooms and suites, including two Extreme WOW Suites.
Guests will have direct access to the Red Sea via the 300-metre-long stretch of sandy beach, and they can enjoy views from the hotel of the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba.
"Starwood's lifestyle brands are gaining traction with developers and guests in Africa. We are excited to build a long-term relationship with Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE to bring W Hotels and its dynamic DNA to the Red Sea and are confident that W Sharm El Sheikh will become the number one choice for design-conscious local and international guests in the region."
Stated Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts for Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Mr Wale also explained:
"Not only does this signing underline our continued commitment to expand the W brand's footprint in resort destinations, it also reinforces our leadership position in Egypt where we operate 11 Starwood hotels and have another three under development."
The Residences at W Sharm El Sheikh will have 50 branded residences as well as an exclusive lounge, and residents will have access to the luxury hotel's facilities and services.
Facilities include two speciality restaurants, an all-day dining outlet, W Lounge, a destination bar, a spa with lavish treatments, tennis courts, FIT fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool with deck and bar, a WIRED 24-hour business centre, and 1,880 square metres of events and meeting space.
Mohamed Gamal Abdelwahab Omar, the CEO of Tower Prestige for Hotels SAE commented:
"We believe that W Hotels, with its outstanding international reputation as an innovative lifestyle brand, will reinforce the importance of Sharm El Sheikh as a world-class destination."
Sharm el Sheikh is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt thanks to its white sandy beaches and azure crystal clear ocean waters. The region is a hotspot for snorkelling and scuba diving activities and visitors can swim alongside magnificent sea creatures such as stingrays, grouper, Napoleon Wrasse and barracuda.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The ultimate Egyptian backdrop in the shadow of the only remaining ancient wonder of the world.
- Indulge the mind, body and spirit in Indulge spa. Take advantage of the steam room, sauna, whirlpool and chill out zones
- Set in landscaped gardens, equipped with two heated swimming pools and bar, Le Meridien enjoys spectacular views of the Pyramids, just a short drive from Cairo
- World famous dining with international, Mexican and Oriental menus to be savoured
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...