Carnival Corporation opens Amber Cove cruise port in Dominican Republic
Amber Cove, the new cruise port from Carnival Corporation in the Dominican Republic, welcomed it first ship last week. Nearly 3,000 holidaymakers were on-board the Carnival Victory when it pulled into the new Caribbean port that will act as a gateway into the country's north-eastern Puerto Plata region.
The Carnival Corporation has opened its brand new cruise port in the Dominican Republic. The opening of the new Amber Rose port was celebrated last week with the arrival of the Carnival Victory and nearly 3,000 holidaymakers.
Situated on the north-eastern coast of the Dominican Republic, the new port will serve as a gateway onto the popular Puerto Plata region and it will be the first time a cruise ship has visited the region in almost 30 years.
Over the next few months, eight of Carnival Corporation's 10 worldwide brands will call at Amber Cove, bringing an influx of tourists to the Dominican Republic.
On 2nd November, 2015, an official ceremony will take place to celebrate the opening of the new port.
Puerto Plata boasts a number of uncrowded beautiful beaches, and a town that is rich in history and culture. The region is a fantastic destination for adventure holidays, eco-tours, and golf enthusiasts.
The Dominican Republic is a country situated on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island, and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
The country was discovered by explorer Christopher Columbus in 1492, and it has since become a popular tourist destination with more than 220,000 British tourists visiting a year.
Home to the world's first Whale Sanctuary, the nation is a leader in eco-tourism and there are established protection zones for more than 20 per cent of its beautiful coastal and land areas.
Tourists can enjoy breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with palm trees; azure ocean waters; rolling green hills and winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and majestic mountains.
Popular tourist destinations include Bavaro, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana, which offer championship golf courses, beachfront resorts, luxury spas, and miles of pristine beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Live it up and enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy unlimited luxury, sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...