Carnival Corporation opens Amber Cove cruise port in Dominican Republic
Amber Cove, the new cruise port from Carnival Corporation in the Dominican Republic, welcomed it first ship last week. Nearly 3,000 holidaymakers were on-board the Carnival Victory when it pulled into the new Caribbean port that will act as a gateway into the country's north-eastern Puerto Plata region.
The Carnival Corporation has opened its brand new cruise port in the Dominican Republic. The opening of the new Amber Rose port was celebrated last week with the arrival of the Carnival Victory and nearly 3,000 holidaymakers.
Situated on the north-eastern coast of the Dominican Republic, the new port will serve as a gateway onto the popular Puerto Plata region and it will be the first time a cruise ship has visited the region in almost 30 years.
Over the next few months, eight of Carnival Corporation's 10 worldwide brands will call at Amber Cove, bringing an influx of tourists to the Dominican Republic.
On 2nd November, 2015, an official ceremony will take place to celebrate the opening of the new port.
Puerto Plata boasts a number of uncrowded beautiful beaches, and a town that is rich in history and culture. The region is a fantastic destination for adventure holidays, eco-tours, and golf enthusiasts.
The Dominican Republic is a country situated on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island, and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
The country was discovered by explorer Christopher Columbus in 1492, and it has since become a popular tourist destination with more than 220,000 British tourists visiting a year.
Home to the world's first Whale Sanctuary, the nation is a leader in eco-tourism and there are established protection zones for more than 20 per cent of its beautiful coastal and land areas.
Tourists can enjoy breathtaking landscapes and natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with palm trees; azure ocean waters; rolling green hills and winding valleys; rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls; and majestic mountains.
Popular tourist destinations include Bavaro, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana, which offer championship golf courses, beachfront resorts, luxury spas, and miles of pristine beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...