Ras al Khamiah - A holiday destination to watch
Though less popular than Abu Dhabi and Dubai, many expect that the UAE's Ras Al Khaimah will reap the benefits of the heavy investment in its tourism infrastructure in the years to come. With a number of new hotels expected by 2019 coupled with the emirate's key attractions, Ras Al Khaimah has all the makings of a top holiday destinations.
In terms of holiday destinations Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is among the lesser known emirates in the UAE, however in recent times officials have been working towards developing its tourism profile to match that of Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Currently tourism constitutes a modest 2.5 per cent of RAK's GDP, this figure is expected to grow in the coming years with RAK ramping up its tourism infrastructure. The heavy investment in new and existing RAK hotels combined with all that the emirate has to offer makes this a holiday destination to watch.
RAK is expected to add 3,500 rooms by 2019 with the development of 12 new hotels including a 300 room five star Marriott resort and the 250 room Antara Mina Al Arab hotel which are expected to launch in 2019 and 2018 respectively. Of the luxury Marriott hotel Haitham Mattar CEO of RAK's Tourism Development Authority stated:
"We're very much looking forward to the entry of this great flagship hotel into our ma. rket. The proximity of the Hajjar Mountains, the desert and the beaches gives you the ultimate experience."
In addition to the pending new hotel launches, existing hotels are getting a makeover including RAK's first luxury five star hotel- the 475 room Hilton which will undergo a two year long renovation project.
Like its neighboring emirates, RAK is so much more than the wide selection of luxury hotels from which holidaymakers can choose; there are also a host of activities that travellers can enjoy while on their holidays in Ras al Khaimah. Home to Jebel Jais the highest mountain in the UAE, Ras al Khaimah is the ideal destination for hiking and mountain biking and of course travellers are rewarded with breathtaking views at the summit.
olidaymakers can also enjoy camel rides, kayaking in the mangroves or even a visit to one of the best date farms in the UAE with 18 different types of dates. Top attractions like the Iceland Waterpark and the falcon show at Banyan Tree Al Wadi as well as a host of water sports and activities ensures that there something for everyone in Ras Al Kaimah.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Book by 24th September and get your FREE entry to one of the Dubai Parks & Resorts Theme Park including Lego Land
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaima
Immerse yourself in the glittering and trendy United Arab Emirates from the lavish Rixos twin centres
Combine the dazzling Dubai experience with a relaxing beach retreat in Ras al Khaimah
- Two beautiful UAE settings with glorious views
- A huge vareity of thrilling activities and excursions on offer
- Plentiful Food options to suit every taste
Located on a pristine island and surrounded by crystal clear waters of the Arabian Gulf, the Marjan Island Resort and...
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Set just a few minutes away from the city centre, Mangrove Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resort would be an ideal choice...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...