Royalton Riviera Cancun awarded second prize in Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors
The Royalton Riviera Cancun in Mexico has been awarded second place for its outstanding architecture in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors. The luxury resort, whose unique architecture was created by Zyman and Zyman, and is the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist.
The Royalton Riviera Cancun has come second place in a prestigious architecture award ceremony in Mexico.
The resort in Mexico was the runner up in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors, handed out by the Asociacion de Arquitectos E Interioristas Mexico (AAI), last month.
It was the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist of the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors.
Entries for the awards were accepted in six categories: commercial, residential, restaurant, corporate, recreational space, and hotel. Each of the building had to be existing properties and designers had to submit blueprints, graphic materials and a brief that highlighted the key features.
Designed by Zyman and Zyman, the Royalton Riviera Cancun features unique design and architecture, including an impressive elevated, open-concept lobby that overlooks the ocean and beach and allows the natural flow of tropical air.
Jordi Pelfort, the Managing Director of Blue Diamond Resorts, explained:
"This award is a testament to the talent of Royalton Riviera Cancun's architects Zyman and Zyman who have masterfully combined beauty and functionality. For a resort of over one-thousand guest rooms, that is no easy feat."
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that opened its doors in December 2014, and is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The luxury hotel has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants anda 16 bars, and the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Tourists can go zip lining through tropical jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and magnificent, colourful marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or tours to the region's ancient and impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...