Royalton Riviera Cancun awarded second prize in Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors
The Royalton Riviera Cancun in Mexico has been awarded second place for its outstanding architecture in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors. The luxury resort, whose unique architecture was created by Zyman and Zyman, and is the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist.
The Royalton Riviera Cancun has come second place in a prestigious architecture award ceremony in Mexico.
The resort in Mexico was the runner up in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors, handed out by the Asociacion de Arquitectos E Interioristas Mexico (AAI), last month.
It was the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist of the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors.
Entries for the awards were accepted in six categories: commercial, residential, restaurant, corporate, recreational space, and hotel. Each of the building had to be existing properties and designers had to submit blueprints, graphic materials and a brief that highlighted the key features.
Designed by Zyman and Zyman, the Royalton Riviera Cancun features unique design and architecture, including an impressive elevated, open-concept lobby that overlooks the ocean and beach and allows the natural flow of tropical air.
Jordi Pelfort, the Managing Director of Blue Diamond Resorts, explained:
"This award is a testament to the talent of Royalton Riviera Cancun's architects Zyman and Zyman who have masterfully combined beauty and functionality. For a resort of over one-thousand guest rooms, that is no easy feat."
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that opened its doors in December 2014, and is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The luxury hotel has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants anda 16 bars, and the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Tourists can go zip lining through tropical jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and magnificent, colourful marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or tours to the region's ancient and impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Rejuvenate in a peaceful and soothing atmosphere during a memorable holiday at the all-inclusive Gran Caribe Resort and...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Step into every scuba divers paradise during an 8-day holiday to the beautiful Mexican island of Cozumel, where...