Royalton Riviera Cancun awarded second prize in Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors
The Royalton Riviera Cancun in Mexico has been awarded second place for its outstanding architecture in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors. The luxury resort, whose unique architecture was created by Zyman and Zyman, and is the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist.
The Royalton Riviera Cancun has come second place in a prestigious architecture award ceremony in Mexico.
The resort in Mexico was the runner up in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors, handed out by the Asociacion de Arquitectos E Interioristas Mexico (AAI), last month.
It was the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist of the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors.
Entries for the awards were accepted in six categories: commercial, residential, restaurant, corporate, recreational space, and hotel. Each of the building had to be existing properties and designers had to submit blueprints, graphic materials and a brief that highlighted the key features.
Designed by Zyman and Zyman, the Royalton Riviera Cancun features unique design and architecture, including an impressive elevated, open-concept lobby that overlooks the ocean and beach and allows the natural flow of tropical air.
Jordi Pelfort, the Managing Director of Blue Diamond Resorts, explained:
"This award is a testament to the talent of Royalton Riviera Cancun's architects Zyman and Zyman who have masterfully combined beauty and functionality. For a resort of over one-thousand guest rooms, that is no easy feat."
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that opened its doors in December 2014, and is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The luxury hotel has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants anda 16 bars, and the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Tourists can go zip lining through tropical jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and magnificent, colourful marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or tours to the region's ancient and impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...