Royalton Riviera Cancun awarded second prize in Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors
The Royalton Riviera Cancun in Mexico has been awarded second place for its outstanding architecture in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors. The luxury resort, whose unique architecture was created by Zyman and Zyman, and is the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist.
The Royalton Riviera Cancun has come second place in a prestigious architecture award ceremony in Mexico.
The resort in Mexico was the runner up in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors, handed out by the Asociacion de Arquitectos E Interioristas Mexico (AAI), last month.
It was the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist of the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors.
Entries for the awards were accepted in six categories: commercial, residential, restaurant, corporate, recreational space, and hotel. Each of the building had to be existing properties and designers had to submit blueprints, graphic materials and a brief that highlighted the key features.
Designed by Zyman and Zyman, the Royalton Riviera Cancun features unique design and architecture, including an impressive elevated, open-concept lobby that overlooks the ocean and beach and allows the natural flow of tropical air.
Jordi Pelfort, the Managing Director of Blue Diamond Resorts, explained:
"This award is a testament to the talent of Royalton Riviera Cancun's architects Zyman and Zyman who have masterfully combined beauty and functionality. For a resort of over one-thousand guest rooms, that is no easy feat."
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that opened its doors in December 2014, and is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The luxury hotel has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants anda 16 bars, and the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Tourists can go zip lining through tropical jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and magnificent, colourful marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or tours to the region's ancient and impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...