Royalton Riviera Cancun awarded second prize in Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors
The Royalton Riviera Cancun in Mexico has been awarded second place for its outstanding architecture in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors. The luxury resort, whose unique architecture was created by Zyman and Zyman, and is the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist.
The Royalton Riviera Cancun has come second place in a prestigious architecture award ceremony in Mexico.
The resort in Mexico was the runner up in the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors, handed out by the Asociacion de Arquitectos E Interioristas Mexico (AAI), last month.
It was the only all-inclusive resort to have ever made the shortlist of the Annual National Prize in Architecture and Interiors.
Entries for the awards were accepted in six categories: commercial, residential, restaurant, corporate, recreational space, and hotel. Each of the building had to be existing properties and designers had to submit blueprints, graphic materials and a brief that highlighted the key features.
Designed by Zyman and Zyman, the Royalton Riviera Cancun features unique design and architecture, including an impressive elevated, open-concept lobby that overlooks the ocean and beach and allows the natural flow of tropical air.
Jordi Pelfort, the Managing Director of Blue Diamond Resorts, explained:
"This award is a testament to the talent of Royalton Riviera Cancun's architects Zyman and Zyman who have masterfully combined beauty and functionality. For a resort of over one-thousand guest rooms, that is no easy feat."
Royalton Riviera Cancun is a five-star all-inclusive resort that opened its doors in December 2014, and is situated 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
The luxury hotel has 1,183 luxurious guest rooms and suites that boast exclusive DreamBeds with 250 thread count sheets, a balcony or terrace, and 24-hour concierge service, as well as modern amenities such as USB recharge and Bluetooth audio stations, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safes, rain showers, satellite TVs, mini-bars, and 24 hour room service.
Upscale facilities include 10 gourmet restaurants anda 16 bars, and the "Hangout Teens Club" for 13 to 17-year-olds, with lounges that offer games, PlayStation rooms, Wi-Fi areas with charging stations, billiards, and ping pong tables.
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, Cancun is a popular holiday destination for travellers from all over the world. Tourists can go zip lining through tropical jungles; scuba diving beneath the surface of the sparkling turquoise ocean to explore the famous underwater museum and magnificent, colourful marine species; trekking through verdant rainforests that are thriving with diverse wildlife; or tours to the region's ancient and impressive Mayan ruins and temples.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...